1 ... 11 12 13 14
BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/1/19 9:39 p.m.

You know what are horrible and completely unbalanced?

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
8/1/19 9:50 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Well, the good news is he can't "help" drive.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/2/19 1:04 p.m.

Brad, looks like fun. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/2/19 1:06 p.m.

The Ferrari challenge cars seem too understeery to use them in a fixed setup series. Of course, I just got used to the Porsche GTE car, so maybe it’s just relative to that car and the 488 is ok. 

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/2/19 3:33 p.m.
e30Matt said:

In reply to BradLTL :

Well, the good news is he can't "help" drive.

For not even being 3 yet, he does talk a lot of trash. He would tell "so long suckers" at everyone we passed. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/19 4:18 p.m.
T.J. said:

The Ferrari challenge cars seem too understeery to use them in a fixed setup series. Of course, I just got used to the Porsche GTE car, so maybe it’s just relative to that car and the 488 is ok. 

I think it is you.  To me they are very neutral.   Just drive them differently :-)

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/2/19 6:25 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

An example is the Schumacher S at GPF. I have to lift to get the car to make the first turn to the left, but I want to go through there flat. 

It may just be less aero and more power  it may be the different tires.  I like the car, just don’t like it for a default setup league.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/3/19 7:09 a.m.

Besides playing with both Ferrari Challenge cars, Dean and I also ran the CTS-V GT3 cars and we both liked that car. Maybe it just likes Mugello, but it didn’t seem like it was trying to kill us. 

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/3/19 7:28 p.m.
BradLTL said:

You know what are horrible and completely unbalanced?

The family that races together stays together.  Training up our new adopted daughter.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/3/19 7:48 p.m.

Hah! I knew Argo seemed a lot faster recently!

dean1484
8/4/19 10:23 a.m.

We doing anything tonight?  I would like to look at the Ginette more as well as the C7. Also what about BMW?  I know the GTE car did not work for Sauce but are there other cars from BMW we should look at?  

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/4/19 10:52 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I tested the Group A BMW. One of those crazy turbo lag cars that is a bit on the wild side. We should look at the BMW Touring car.

I'm guessing Brad may not want to do back to back series in the C7R.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/4/19 11:00 a.m.
dean1484 said:

We doing anything tonight?  I would like to look at the Ginette more as well as the C7. Also what about BMW?  I know the GTE car did not work for Sauce but are there other cars from BMW we should look at?  

Wait.  Aren't we actually looking for something that doesn't work for Sauce?

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
8/4/19 12:01 p.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

The caveat is that it doesn't work for anyone else either. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/4/19 2:34 p.m.

BMW M1 Procar. Funky livery choices. Good sounds. Try them out. 

Also, the Honda 2&4 is interesting, but kind of similar to the BAC Monos. No lights, so no night races. 

Edit: 2&4 would be fun to master but it tries to kill you too much for a league. 

New contender is Caterham SP/300.R. Fairly fast, but benign. This is one that we should really test. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
8/5/19 8:31 a.m.

In reply to T.J. :

I've driven the M1, that's a fun car. Haven't tried the others but am up for trying them out. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/5/19 8:44 a.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

Try the Caterham. It is fast, but also relatively easy to drive.

GT4 Ginettas are slower, but also would be a great series.

dean1484
8/6/19 11:13 a.m.

Tested a bunch of street cars last night and either I was tired of they really are bad to drive.  Everything seemed extremely loose to the point where it was virtually un drivable.  I was testing on WG short corse and the way the game represents the adhesion of the tires is just not right.  I packed it in as I was getting frustrated with the absurdity of things.  I will try again tomorrow.  It had me contemplating giving GT a try again as they are all but giving the game away at this point. 

Has there been an update or something with the street cars? OR the tire models for the non race car tires?

dean1484
8/6/19 11:15 a.m.

Oh  Try the Honda 2&4.  It is a bit nuts

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/6/19 6:40 p.m.

Road cars all seem bad. 

2&4 is a bit crazy. 

Try the Caterham SP/300.R. 

I won’t be on again until Saturday. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/7/19 6:39 p.m.

I am probably out for tonight, getting ready for a trip tomorrow.

dean1484
8/7/19 7:32 p.m.

Ya just realized it is Wednesday. I am around if someone opens a room. 

dean1484
8/14/19 7:40 a.m.

Anyone around tonight?  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/14/19 11:33 a.m.

I should be around if you want to do some experimenting.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/14/19 1:21 p.m.

I may be on a bit. Not sure. Recovering from whatever god awful sickness I came down with this time from last week's trip to Michigan. Might have a touch of pneumonia or something, but at least the fever has stopped. Now I am just worn out and exhausted and weak.

I've gotten some sort of sickness maybe 5 out of the 7 trips I've taken up there this year. Not the same sickness each time. Gotta go back next week. Hopefully, things go better than last week.

1 ... 11 12 13 14

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HFaVSWJnAO0tiTfiCmT4nCPOyGvVGOvvqwPyaxOHt3RYiogiU542qZVf4EVMvL30