1 ... 6 7 8 9
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/8/20 6:34 p.m.

Sounds like you need to upgrade to a place with better internet. You have to get priority's in order here. wink

dean1484
3/11/20 6:55 a.m.

Good test session with Sauce last night. This is a tricky track. The risk versus reward is high but it makes it fun.  

dean1484
3/11/20 9:27 p.m.

Fix the AI or I am done with this. This was complete BS tonight with the AI. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/12/20 6:47 a.m.

For both Road America and Texas races, I was taken out by AI. They pit maneuvered me three times at Road America, then one spun me into the pits getting me DQ'ed at Texas. Long Beach worked out for me ok - I rear ended an AI once heading into the fountain, but they didn't mess with me.

That is 2 out of 3 races for me where the AI greatly affected my race. What happened at Sugo?

dean1484
3/12/20 7:29 a.m.

If drivers acted like this when I was racing we would have settled it with a tire iron. 

Lap one at the end of the back strait a car comes from way back and just plows in to me from behind pushing me off track dropping me from 3rd to way back. Then I get back on and two turns later I run a bit wide (second to last corner) and as I am trying to come back across the curb I get smashed into be an AI pushing me off the track completely to the wall. At that point I said F this no point to this. 

I tested a lot for this race and Sauce helped me a bunch with tuning and driving technique for this track. I was going to do well. But the AI drives like F tards and ruins it. This is total crap. As of now I am done with this series. The AI in these cars sucks. 

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/12/20 8:45 a.m.
dean1484 said:

We only have 1 race left in this series, and the next will not have AI in it at all.  Deep breaths....

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
3/12/20 8:56 a.m.

I've been somewhat vocal about my dislike of the AI and am fairly certain that I'd have an S driver rating if it wasn't for running with them. I'm looking forward to a series without them. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/12/20 10:57 a.m.

I suspect it's why my rating (very strangely) is better than most, since I spend a lot of time at the back away from the AI.  Interestingly, when I do run into the AI, I tend to deal with them very aggressively, but I guess it's seldom enough to hurt my rating (and I would likely be a lot more careful if I was running up front).

It would not be that bad if they were at least a bit more predicable.  Their actions seem to be almost random at sometimes.  These cars do seem to bring out the worst in them though.

I don't mind going to no AI.  They do provide some entertainment for me sometimes, but realistically, I don't end up racing with them much anyway and I am smart enough to avoid them in general.  I much prefer figuring out how to steal second from last from Brad.  cheeky

dean1484
3/12/20 2:11 p.m.

The real issue is the aggressiveness of the AI.  They just do E36 M3 that is completely wrong.  Last night there was no way to dodge them.  I was in front of the AI by 10-15 car length and pulling away down the back strait.  The AI just comes from 10-15 car lengths back and pummels me strait in from behind I tried to save it but was pushed off the track on the outside of the corner.  If ti was a human they would either have bailed to the outside so as not to hit me or dive bombed me to the inside (poor sportsmanship but at least I could have dealt with it).  Nope just strait in to me.  the second incident was also complete BS.  I was full throttle through the lat corner and went over the curb o the outside.  As a come back on track the AI just drives in to me.  I have no clue se to how they did that as I was at full throttle (never lifted)  How did they just basically decide to drive through me.  I assume it is because they were on the option tire.  But again a human would not have done that.  A human would have waited until the last corner adn drafted me to make the easy pass on the front strait.

I am still really annoyed.  Allot of practice went in to this race.  Sauce was extremely helpfully in getting me up to speed with some tuning help and more importantly drive technique for this track.  And to have it all wasted because the AI is just crap.  I do this to have fun and race you all.  The Game seems to be the issue.  I bet Air and I could drive this whole track side by side with out an issue but if you are with in 20 car lengths of and AI there is a extremely high probability that they will crash you out by either just punting you or randomly stopping on the track in places.  

dean1484
3/12/20 2:17 p.m.
BradLTL said:
dean1484 said:

We only have 1 race left in this series, and the next will not have AI in it at all.  Deep breaths....

Highly unlikely I will be there.  I have better things to do then what should be fun just turn in to aggravation.  I will miss you all but the AI just makes it no fun for me.  I do think that this is specific to these cars.  I am hoping that the next series with different cars the AI is better.  They were not as bad in the GT3 or GTE cars.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/12/20 2:35 p.m.

Not that it helps, but if you stayed in, you could have easily caught back up with the AI because Brad was holding some sort of "slow pride" parade in 2nd place and had a hell of a lineup of AI behind him.  Even I caught the pack.  Of course, getting through the pack probably would have been a minor nightmare.

dean1484
3/13/20 8:43 a.m.

I could have also gone to the pits and let the AI drive. Thought of that as well but decided to wash my hands of the E36 M3 show. 

dean1484
3/13/20 8:46 a.m.

I will say that there are many things the GT could do a lot better but the AI in that game never gave us this kind of problems. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/13/20 10:23 a.m.

The AI in GT was eminently predictable (follow line, get out of the way when you get near them) , which one of the things that made it silly, you could bully them around with ease.  Not good for just racing against the AI, but better if they are mixed in with humans.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/14/20 1:45 p.m.

Playstation Plus renewal at a discount.  I have seen these a few times.  They are a big discount and if you renew before you subscription expires, it will add on after it expires.  Mine expires in November (I think), but these things seem to come out this time of year, so it's not entirely ideal for me.

This one is for $33, I bought it, and it did work.

https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/playstation-plus/1-year-playstation-plus-membership-ps3-ps4-ps-vita-digital-code?data1=48fcc0d4662311ea9cf5aeddf160804c0INT&mw_aref=slickdeals

I found the link from this site, so it's appears to be legit

https://slickdeals.net/f/13916600-1-year-subscription-of-playstation-plus-for-33-49-cdkeys-com?src=frontpage

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/14/20 5:46 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Mine was running out in about 2 weeks. Thanks for the link.

Since they have you give them a cell number, I guess they sell our numbers, so I will get even more BS robocalls, but it saved me a bit.

BradLTL
3/15/20 10:31 a.m.

In reply to T.J. :

With the contagion event are you still traveling? 

dean1484
3/15/20 11:37 a.m.

We can run the Corona 500?  

BradLTL
3/15/20 12:04 p.m.
dean1484 said:

We can run the Corona 500?  

Hmmmm.....

A 24 lap race, but you have to stop every lap and drink a Corona. Set at the 'Ring. Drive whatever car you would like, damage is on. 

dean1484
3/15/20 4:43 p.m.

Ohhhh. That could be fun. Can you drink and drive?  Or only drink in the pits?  

BradLTL
3/15/20 5:36 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Drink in the pits. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
3/15/20 7:31 p.m.

We used to do that with Mario Kart 64, you would start the race with a fresh beer and had to finish the beer before you finished the race and you had to drink with both hands. It was mayhem but a ton of fun. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/15/20 11:09 p.m.

Of course we are racing.  

What else are we going to doing, going to a movie? A concert?

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/16/20 7:45 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

I got home Friday evening with a bit of a runny nose and a little cough. Been quarantined in my bedroom/office since. Supposed to go back to MI next week, but who knows if that will actually happen. Hoping that whatever I have doesn't get worse and we can keep it confined to just me.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/16/20 8:18 a.m.

There is a lot of other stuff out there.  One of the reports was 4% of those tested in South Korea had the virus.  The primary initial symptom is supposed to be fever anyway. 

Best to stay isolated just in case though (no one wants a cold either).

Sending good vibes from the coast for yah.

1 ... 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t4s4jEh3wAoUTNazM1vrRwfJTlt8t0MrCX9JvZznlB5o9ojzsP80a3CwHH9EjHu3