11/1/19 1:37 p.m.
T.J. said:

Is the point for the fastest lap outside the podium finishers 

This.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/1/19 2:20 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

That makes sense. That way every race will have a fastest lap point awarded to someone. The other way Sauce would get fastest lap and finish on the podium and nobody would get the point. Also, this way since the points go down by 1 point per position after P4, getting the fastest non-podium lap essentially give you a points tie with whomever finished ahead of you (unless you finish 4th).

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/1/19 4:29 p.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham :

Excellent!!!    Look forward to seeing you. Don't expect it to be like The old GT series. In the beginning just completing a lap was challenging.  

testing last night I think I came up with a decent safe tune for the bmw. 

I may be on tonight later. Taking the family out for dinner but should be home early. Hopefully sauce and TJ are around. We could help bring you up to speed a bit faster.  If nothing else share some tunes with you to see what you like and then we can work on getting it better for you. 

the whole tuning aspect of this game is a bit daunting at first. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
11/1/19 6:02 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I won't be on until Sunday, the in-laws are here and the guest room is directly below my sim rig.  According to the wife it's quite loud, and her parents go to bed at like 9.  Since they take care of Sauce Jr. so I don't have to I'm inclined to let them rest. wink

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/1/19 7:02 p.m.

I should be on tonight. I’ll be off Mon-Tues, but back home Wed. 

EDIT: Not going to be on much tonight after all. Did 3 laps, but that’s all for tonight. 

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham UberDork
11/4/19 6:23 a.m.

Tried it out this weekend. (Sorry I missed your invite T.J. I was in the middle of an Apex Legends game when it came through.) Dean, You weren’t wrong about it being hard to stay on track on the first lap! (Why do they introduce you to the game in a street trim Mclaren??)  But I really like it. Way more realistic physics than GT6. I started working through the career mode to get a feel for the driving. I’ll try out the cars for this series next. I have a feeling I’ll go BMW because fanboi. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/4/19 7:05 a.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham :

No worries, I just wanted to send you some setups. The game only allows you to share them with people in the same room. I thought I would like the BMW the best, but ended up liking the FWD cars more and find that I am slower and less consistent in the BMW although I haven't driven it all that much compared to the Megane and the Opel.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/4/19 10:09 a.m.

I guess I should jump back into this.  It sounds like it's going to be a BMW fest.  I will probably just go for one of the FWD cars to keep it interesting (easier to dodge around the front runners when you run each other off the road).  I do not see any setups for these online where I normally see them, so I might need to borrow a setup from someone (or get some good general starting suggestions).

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
11/4/19 10:16 a.m.

I'm probably going to be in the Megane. I really like the BMW with how it's set up now, but I want to branch out a bit and I like the Megane, even out of the box it's a hoot. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/4/19 10:26 a.m.

OK, I will check that one out.  That's not the one we played with that was super tail happy was it?

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/4/19 10:43 a.m.

I’m going with the Megane. 

Super tail happy FWD is the Clio Cup. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/4/19 11:45 a.m.

Magane Vs BMW it is!

Germany vs France!

Oh wait, that hasn't worked out so well in the past for the French...

If a bunch of Meganes show up I will go krauts if more BMW​​​​​​​'s show up, I will go with the frogs.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/4/19 11:58 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Don’t forget the Merc and the Opel. 

dean1484
11/4/19 4:31 p.m.

I got the Merc running really well.  No clue if it is fast compaird to the other cars but it was fun.

dean1484
11/4/19 4:33 p.m.

We really are going to need to figure out pit strategy.  I think if we are going to have to pit for tires anyway then it may make sense to not start with a full fuel load.  I was 4 seconds faster with 100l versus 30l of fuel.  BUT then there is the time needed to put the fuel in the car.  Hummmmmm

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/4/19 4:49 p.m.

I looked at the fast laps of all the cars on a few tracks and it was pretty varied on what car was fast at any given track. I'll work on a comparison guide for your shopping tonight. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/4/19 6:36 p.m.

For 75 minute races, pick whichever car you can be most consistent with. 

I think early on the Megane was the alpha, but one of the patches made a BOP adjustment that put it more in line with the others, or so I read on a forum. 

I also found that the TC slicks optimum pressures are between 2.00 and 2.15 bar. (Link) (29-31.2 psi).

dean1484
11/4/19 9:18 p.m.

Hay Argo you going to join us for this series?  

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/4/19 9:30 p.m.

Here is your buyer's guide...

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/4/19 10:26 p.m.

I tried to get in the room, but it just left me in the waiting state.  If you guys are around tomorrow I will set up the wheel and see what car I like.  I probably will need some sort of tune though.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/4/19 11:25 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I haven't touched it in months.  I'm unlikely for this Wednesday's opening round.  More likely to make the following week.  I will have to find some time to at least pick a car.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
11/5/19 7:17 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

It won't let you in if you try to join during the last 3 minutes of a session, you have to wait until the next session starts and then you can get in. You joined at the end of practice, another minute or so and you could have gotten in for qualifying. I should have sent you another invite, sorry. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/5/19 8:14 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

I wonder if the Opel really is the slowest or just less popular. I tend to be a bit slower in it compared to the Megane at Algarve, mostly because it is not as happy around the final turn.

Wonder if setting the air restrictors to the percentages of combined lap times would balance things out. (ie - Megane at 98%, BMW and Merc at 99% and Opel at 100%). I don't think it would work that way and don't think the differences in cars will be the deciding factor.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
11/5/19 9:56 a.m.

In reply to T.J. :

I haven't actually tried the Opel, I may do that tonight. 

dean1484
11/5/19 9:56 a.m.

Not crashing will be the deciding factor

1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w3yyRyvkN1wrpLyNmI0h9kwUfXXspQZKxriHBjRPuODu7XS96Mn7bmPfhRQDpsIP