1 2 3 4 5 6
BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/17/16 7:12 a.m.

I'm up and we can test if you can join now, or we can try later this evening?

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/17/16 12:47 p.m.

try later tonight...how about 10 pm eastern

BradLTL
1/17/16 12:51 p.m.

Sounds good. I'll setup a room and send you an invite.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
1/17/16 2:43 p.m.

Use the camera on your phone to take a picture of the results.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/17/16 8:56 p.m.

Online and then it says PlayStation plus required....

E36 M3

BradLTL
1/17/16 8:57 p.m.

Check your messages I just sent an invite

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/17/16 9:10 p.m.

I did, accepted, and then it kicked me with the "you need PlayStation plus" message and then kicked me out

BradLTL
1/17/16 9:11 p.m.

That sucks.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/17/16 9:22 p.m.

I am not a fan of this new business model of subscription fees to play a game. Much less one I bought.

I will look for a work around

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/17/16 9:33 p.m.

I don't like paying for cable to use the HD TV that I bought but I've gotten over it (actually...not. I still bitch about paying for cable).

BradLTL
1/17/16 9:46 p.m.

So it appears PS+ is required. That sucks. I guess Sony needs to make a bit more money.

Good news, you can usually find a year for $40.

BradLTL
1/18/16 4:55 p.m.

First official race is this week. If you are in, I need to know so I can make sure to invite you to the lobby. Also, if we are PSN friends send a request to BradLTL

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/19/16 5:54 a.m.
Argo1 wrote: I don't like paying for cable to use the HD TV that I bought but I've gotten over it (actually...not. I still bitch about paying for cable).

I pay for neither. I refuse to pay you to send me commercials. If you want to run commercials and give it to me free, fine (Over the Air and Crackle on Roku) If you want me to buy it no commercials (netflix & Amazon Prime and why I won't subscribe to Hulu.) If I could get broadband without paying for it I would do that too. Damn pop ups.

If I get something worked out I will send you a PSN message

BradLTL
1/20/16 2:40 p.m.

Tonight should be interesting. My allergies went crazy last night, I've been up since 3AM and am hopped up on meds.

Who's going to make it tonight?

BradLTL
1/20/16 9:02 p.m.

Surprised by a new patch on the game, weighing in at 6.6gb. We are pushing the race out a day to provide a quick retest period. Apparently they changed the tire temp physics significantly enough to require re-worked setups and pit strategies.

Patch notes (and a lot of people whining): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44179-Project-CARS-PS4-Patch-8-0-Release-Notes

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/16 10:57 a.m.

How did testing work out?

Argo1
1/26/16 11:52 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: How did testing work out?

Testing went well. Will be upping the AI car speed for the next event at Brands Hatch to add challenge. Starting to get the tune dialed in with the Ford RS. Now lapping in the 1:33's. Now that I have my memory issues with the PS4 system fixed, the game is really quite good.

BradLTL
1/27/16 3:02 p.m.

In reply to dean1484:

Generally it went great. We've learned a few things. I've made some updates to the series based on what we learned in the testing. I think this is going to be great series; especially if we get a few more humans to mix in with the bots. I've updated the OP with some additional information, scores, replays, streams.

Looking forward to round 2, although I'm going to get crushed. I'm 2-3 seconds off Argo's pace. I have a bit of time to keep working on it. I'm suffering from a lack of FFB on my cheapo wheel. It doesn't help have no feel whatsoever.

Argo1
1/27/16 10:40 p.m.

Got my butt kicked by the bots tonight. Managed fastest lap in practice at a 1:32.8 (this is still 1.5 seconds off the fast guys posting on the boards). Didn't get a great lap in qualifying and had to start 8th. Got bumped off L1T1 and had to come from the back. Managed 11th after almost running out of fuel and having to short shift the last two laps. I enjoy the "real" 30 minute length races. Stig in my ear telling me about my mistakes is annoying, however.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/28/16 5:48 a.m.

How did you get the Stig option? Mine has stopped talking to me altogether

BradLTL
1/28/16 7:14 a.m.

You can turn on/off the Stig by changing the Pit Engineer setting in the game options on the main menu. I enjoyed it during career races but turned him off for the online series.

My race started brilliantly. As stated in my previous post, I was 2-3 seconds off ultimate pace. It was completely the driver letting the car down. I ended up qualifying 12th out of 13. When the race started, I got a great start and took a good line through the first half of the lap. By the end of lap 1 I was 5th and hanging on to the lead pack. Then things came a bit unraveled. I was over driving the car trying to hang on to my position and ended up losing the backend a bit. I caught the slide but catching it took me off track for just a second. The game assessed my a 5 second penalty. This happened again on the next lap. By the time I was back up to speed I was in 10th. A few laps later I could see Argo and his bot friend catching up. Argo made a move on the bot and closed up to me. He was clearly faster so I figured I would let up and let him go by and chase as many positions as possible. Well that didn't work as planned. I let up right as he he decided to tuck back in line. There was some contact but he ended up getting by me. After getting by it appeared he got wheels off on the grass and spun right in front of me. Then there significant contact. Argo got knocked up on his side for a moment. Damage and crashes are more entertaining in PCars. After the dust settled, I was last. I regrouped and chased down the bot in 12th. I made a move and got passed it, but I hopped a curb and lost the backend and spun. Ugh. I ended up about 9 seconds behind and just lapped out the rest of the race.

I'm ready to move on to a smoother course.

Argo1
1/28/16 7:56 a.m.

I downloaded the upgraded pit engineer app but can't get it to work as the PS4 doesn't recognize my tablet and won't sync up the Bluetooth.

BradLTL
1/28/16 8:29 a.m.

That only works with the PC version.

BradLTL
1/28/16 8:38 a.m.

Replay is posted on the OP

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/28/16 8:59 a.m.

Wait you get a 5 second penalty for going off the track? Sorry but that is not "fun" that would be really aggravating. I mean you have already screwed up by going off track and then get hit with a penalty? Can that be turned off?

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dfLSxGlSzdzcXJLdrIPkidTC8INfihiGiDZJaneI5WWaoq0YdzIvZ20V9InLKm3p