1 ... 4 5 6
Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/11/16 10:57 p.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

Next week at Watkins Glen we will swapping over to a practice race with GT3 cars. The next series will be GT3 cars and scheduled to be a companion/ practice series for the upcoming GTPlanet VRR WEC race series which begins the end of July.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/12/16 7:20 a.m.

In reply to Argo1:

Although I am weakening on my constant fee position because of this game, I will be moving over the next two months.

So I am a 80% no. Although that could change easily.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/12/16 7:58 a.m.

Last night's race was best described as "meh". Pace wise, Argo and I were both on par with the bots. With this track, it was going to be about not making mistakes. That is the opposite of what I did. It started in qualifying. My first 2 hot laps were good enough for a mid-pack start but neither were clean. On my 3rd lap, everything came together and I was 1.2 seconds up coming into the third sector. I hit all the marks... right up until the exit of the very last corner. I got on the gas too hard and lit up the tires and did a smokey burnout. Let's say I was unhappy. Using very advanced forensic science I was able to calculate the lap time that would have been achieved had I not been an idiot. It would have been a 1:40.360 (or there abouts). That would have bested Argo's P2 time by 0.078 seconds. Woulda... coulda... shoulda...

So, I start 10th and already have some red mist going. Naturally I take it out on the bots. I bully my way to 4th pretty quickly on the first lap. I start trying to get around the bots between Argo and myself. I don't know, maybe I was watching them more than my markers, or maybe I was just being too aggressive, but I end up high centering a curb on the next lap and going for a bit of a ride. Back on the road in 13th, but all the bots are still close together I'm hoping to pick them off quickly and maybe make this a race. Frustration sets in as I'm not able to successfully get by the car in 11th. I make a few mistakes and we have contact a couple times. I try to set him up for a move into the hairpin but we touch and I take the worst of it going into the wall hard and getting damage. By the time I get out of the pits I'm 27 seconds behind 12th in last place. This sucks. I work hard for next 18 minutes pushing to get clean and consistent laps and actually manage to catch 12th with about 6 minutes left in the race. Honestly, I make pretty easier work getting by him and start to pull away. While doing so, I run a laptime of 1:40.8. The issue is that I shouldn't have taken my eyes off the road to notice the time, then I end up missing marks, going off the road, sliding, eventually spinning, hitting the wall again and giving back the position plus about 15 seconds. I hate this track.

My lackluster performance hands Argo the championship.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/12/16 8:13 a.m.

Points updated. Champion crowned. Replay posted.

Round 10 removed. No point in running it, so we'll use it as a test for a GT3 series. Moving the discussion to that thread: Series 2 Testing / Discussion Thread

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZUHW1SukMSnl2K7AHGiMPhW1eGmbJy58x3aHjWD38iClZOu1JQ8JFCFWvAh9vjm3