1 2 3 4
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/20/17 6:02 p.m.

Apparently there is a chance that they might actually release GT Sport on November 16th... or maybe later then that... or...

https://www.gtplanet.net/playstation-official-magazine-lists-gt-sport-release-date-november-16/

I am sure they want it out for Christmas purchases, I am sure many updates will follow, which hopefully will be without charge.

Current car list (mostly modern track cars):

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-sport-master-car-track-list.337662/

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/20/17 8:21 p.m.

I am kind of underwhelmed. All modern cars and the track list is not really inspiring. I hope things expand a bit.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/21/17 12:30 a.m.

They are claiming over 177 cars at launch, but I suspect classic cars will not be among them, which makes me sad. Realistically though there target market likely not that interested in old cars.

Fr3AkAzOiD
Fr3AkAzOiD Reader
6/25/17 12:58 p.m.

Few years ago I would have been really excited, but now I am at the point its a real track or nothing at all.

People just drive way too aggressively (GT and iracing) and the AI doesnt care if there is a car in its way, it will drive its line and run you off the road.

Even the "simulator" games feel like an arcade game to me.

Without the seat of your pants feel I find it hard to tell when a car is about to break loose till its too late.

I bought my PS1, 2, and 3 when a new Gran Tourismo (2, 4, 6) released. Dont have a PS4 and doubt I will be buying one just to play this game.

Sorry Gran Tourismo, its not you, its me.

I hope we can still be friends though. :P

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/25/17 4:07 p.m.

I am on the other side of the bell curve. I have had tones of track time over the years. With age comes little to no time for track days never mind the time to prep a race car. The mind and wallet are willing the realitys of life get in the way so I will gladly pony up the $$$ for a PS4 ( I already have one and will probibly get a second just for GT when it is released) and a new wheel as my g27 will not work with the PS4. It is not the real thing but since real track time is in the rear view mirror for the foreseeable future sim racing fills the void for now.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
6/25/17 7:10 p.m.

177 cars at release? I don't think it counts if 75 of them are all Miatas, Lancers, or WRXs.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
7/10/17 7:42 a.m.

I was reading about the new version as I wanted to see what it took to be a beta tester. It seems like it is going to be allot more like I-racing. They are going to be tracking your on track performance and I assume it includes your crashes and what not. I hope that they make that as a different part of the game and keep the "free play" aspect of it with open rooms and what not.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
7/16/17 8:40 a.m.

Seems like it would be fairly easy to keep track of accidents and heavy collisions, then give the player a "clean driver" ranking. Then you could keep crash addicts out of your race. Maybe IRacing is already doing this for all I know.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/21/17 12:49 p.m.

Just looked into the recent news on this. I don't know, I am a bit underwhelmed:

• Mostly custom tracks, only a couple of real ones
  • Basically all race cars
  • VR will only be available for one on one races, so a bit "oh well" on that

Apparently there is currently no development on GT7 (which theoretically would have the large car selection) and if there is one it will wait until they are done with additional content for Sport. So... many years.

I find it a bit strange they are going this direction as there are already two (? Project Cars, Assetto Corsa) titles out there that cover that exact area.

I guess I can just hope they keep the GT6 servers open for a while, but I doubt it.

Apparently Sport will have a really good photo feature, you know, because it's a driving game...

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
8/22/17 8:50 a.m.

Does this mean you guys will join the Project Cars 2 league?

'#ThreadJack

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/22/17 12:06 p.m.

That is certainly a possibility.

I have yet to dump the money into a new PS and wheel so I am not certain what I am doing at this point. I am hopeful work arounds for older wheels will get a bit more sophisticated when Sport releases.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/23/17 8:52 p.m.

Not to answer my own question, but there is hope:

http://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html

$90 and is supposed to adapt a wide range of wheels to PS4 or XboxOne

https://www.gtplanet.net/drivehub-allows-use-almost-driving-wheel-console/

It has not shipped yet, so no reviews, but something to look out for (hopefully Sony does not go after them)

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
8/23/17 8:54 p.m.

I saw that too and hope it works. I want to beat up on people on a 10+ year old wheel.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/24/17 8:42 a.m.

Ohhh that is cool I have a old Dino wheel from Logitech that I really liked. It would be cool to use that again.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
8/25/17 11:13 a.m.

I'm all in if we can get a Project Cars 2 series together with the old group. PCars is a good sim. The AI is a big step forward and you can fill out the grid with a mix of human and AI for full fields. I need something good to use my VR headset on. No good use for it yet.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/12/17 11:00 a.m.

Looks like there are reviews in on the wheel adapter.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/drive-hub-reviews.358820/

In general:  It seems to work with pretty much anything.   Figuring out what you need to do for some wheels can be a bit confusing for some.  Seems like Logitech wheels are the easiest though.

Looks like GT Sport is more of a go for conversion.

Sad news (for me) is:  This is the oldest car in GT Sport:  1987 Audi Quattro S1 Pikes Peak '87   crying

No plans on developing another Gran Turismo at this point (they will work on  Sport for the foreseeable future), so it looks like modern race cars for quite a while for GT.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
9/12/17 10:39 p.m.

Top tip of the day:  Before you blow any coin on GT Sport, seriously check out Project Cars 2.  It is soooooooo much better.  There is nothing new in GT Sport.  Same old stuff.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
9/12/17 10:49 p.m.
Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
9/12/17 10:52 p.m.
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/13/17 3:41 p.m.
Argo1 said:

Top tip of the day:  Before you blow any coin on GT Sport, seriously check out Project Cars 2.  It is soooooooo much better.  There is nothing new in GT Sport.  Same old stuff.

I suspect you are correct.  I worry that they spend as much time on the photo mode as they do the suspension model!   Project Cars at least has some older cars, just not the street cars I like (I know, I am in the minority).

We will likely be forced to some conclusion in a few months anyway.   I suspect Sony is very anxious to have an excuse to shut down the free PS3 / GT6 servers.  Any observations on connectivity with PC or other games on PS4?  We have a fair number of issues in GT with glitching.  That may have a lot to do with particular connections though. 

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
9/13/17 8:14 p.m.

Brad and I will both start some heavy testing of Project Cars 2 on 9/22 (well, I will start on 9/25 as I will be at the Monterey IMSA race weekend).  Stay tuned for full reports.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
9/15/17 8:13 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

We only had 1 instance of glitching that I can recall in all the PCars1 series. Nothing like what we saw in GT. 

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
9/27/17 8:56 a.m.

Just bought a PS4, a T300RS, and preordered GT-Sport. I’m prepared for winter hibernation now. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/27/17 9:11 a.m.

Ah, come on! You already have your "best driver in the country blah,blah,blah" award (like we all don't have one of those already!)  Can't we have at least a few weeks when someone else wins!

(no one tell him about PC2)

cheeky

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
9/27/17 1:17 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Hey now, don’t make fun of my Best Driver in the Country award. My mom worked really hard to make that. cheeky

1 2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
4PeuB9KeTx3EdVO4paVeqCmEKdPUlt7S