Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/30/13 3:28 p.m.

What's a car everyone can agree on, easy to obtain, and agreed modifications if not settings?

I'm intrigued by nicksta43's GT6 challenge, but I bet there are a few other folks who haven't upgraded yet, and it'd be fun to compare times...

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
12/30/13 3:50 p.m.

Pick your poison, I'd prefer stock, no mods, on CH tires somewhere in the 400-450pp range. Name the car and the mods and I'll be there

Ransom
12/30/13 3:54 p.m.

I have no idea... I've spent so little time with it I mostly end up tooling around in the "AMG school" gullwing... I did a bunch of laps in a Swift when I was getting ready to go visit, but as far as other cars, my garage is unkempt and I'm not 100% certain I've ever even bought an upgrade...

I kinda dig the idea of something with a bit less power than that, but in the end I'm up for whatever folks want to do... No reason we can't pick a couple of different cars and make threads for the results.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
12/30/13 4:40 p.m.

We could use the RUF RGT, it's the car we are using in the current season races so we all have them, I have a couple and could gift you one if you don't have it. No mods on SS tires. It's a little tricky to drive if you haven't spent some time with it.

A 400pp car will be pretty slow, I really wouldn't want to go lower than 375pp that's getting pretty low.

Ransom
1/1/14 11:28 a.m.

In reply to nicksta43:

What the heck! I'll try to put one together. I don't recall right now, but I think I have a bunch of GT monies saved up, so I might be able to do it straightaway (unless it doesn't become available immediately?)

Guess I'll also subscribe to this thread so I actually notice when it's updated

Ransom
1/1/14 11:49 a.m.

Okay, a little googling says you have to wait for RUFs to show up in the used cars, or possibly win them.

For a time trial challenge, should we pick something that anybody who wants to compete can readily purchase whenever they want?

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
1/1/14 1:07 p.m.

Yeah, any car from the new car dealership would be good. I have no real preference.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
1/1/14 1:19 p.m.

F40

DaveEstey
DaveEstey UltraDork
1/1/14 4:11 p.m.

500pp lotus Elise on sport softs

Ransom
1/6/14 4:51 p.m.

I'll run this up the flagpole and see whether anybody drives it around... I got a '10 Camaro SS (in honor of nicksta43's cartoonish anti-Ford bias ) and ran it one lap. All I did was turn off traction control, and set track edge/wet grip loss to "realistic" or whatever it is.

I then proceeded to drive an absolutely horrendous lap, which was also invalidated by a couple of offs... It was an 8:43-something, but I expect that to be irrelevant the first time someone else has a stab and takes a minute off my time

I may also try using the Swift I set up to be sort of like the rentals from Rent4Ring, since that has a tenuous link to reality for folks hoping to or having visited the 'ring...

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
1/8/14 5:36 p.m.
Ransom wrote: (in honor of nicksta43's cartoonish anti-Ford bias )

What's so cartoonish about wishing I could go back in time and stop Mr. Fords parents from ever consummating their relationship?

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
1/8/14 7:05 p.m.

7:56.2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dIm3oESQO64fTVQLqFWKJ1v3ynA6huKNFAOKfPD3gIcDxdZPHWKl852j6mrWQIB5