1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 ... 179
mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/23/17 6:00 p.m.

Scam, most likely. What's the URLof the reply email?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/23/17 9:08 p.m.

In reply to mndsm :

Noreply@rockstargames.

I took screen shots of the email, I'll post them. But Xbox let me login at dinner and sell a car, so it should be fine. 

Grinding away, I'm almost back to 700k again. 

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/24/17 1:44 p.m.

That's the way we all did  it. I can't begin to tell you how many hours it took me just to get my boat, the useless pile of E36 M3 that it is. 

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project New Reader
9/24/17 7:16 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

When you used your laptop did you engage in any modding? They may have just banned you from PC.

And yeah the yacht is totally useless. When VIP first came out it was cool because it was the only way to get the VIP missions, then CEO came out and it became obsolete... a $6M+ obsolete floating barge.

On an aside, I ended up buying an Oppressor bike. HOLY CRAP is it fun and a great way to get around. Even just using it as a motorcycle with a JATO rocket strapped to the back. Now I just need to unlock the rockets.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/25/17 7:07 p.m.

In reply to TheRX7Project :

Between that and the explosive ammo, some people have become real shiny happy people. Fortunately, homing rockets are faster than rocket bikes. 

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project New Reader
9/25/17 7:34 p.m.

Oh yeah, the explosive ammo is a real game-changer (and not necessarily in a good way). At least it has become the new Anti-Jet. 2 explosive ammo rounds and a Hydra is donezo. The Oppressor with rockets is on the same plane. It can be useful, but in the wrong hands it's like bringing a nuclear bomb to a knife fight, and all the wrong people seem to have them both. I'd be perfectly OK with them having left the Oppressor and the explosive ammo out of the game altogether.

I wish I was still good with the sniper rifle like I used to be. I used to be able to pick people out of cars from blocks away. Then I took a break for a while after my kid was born and my skills perished. Now I'm "decent" at best.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/25/17 9:54 p.m.

I was never good with a sniper rifle. My hands are too shaky to be fast and accurate. I'm a decent shot, but I can't track for E36 M3. I had some assclown tracing me with an explosive heavy the other night, and the only way to even the score (after I finally put a rocket on him and he chickened out and went passive) was vtk.  He'd spent most of an hour chasing Rico around and killing him on spawn, before I could get there. It's not real fun when you've got people like that. Pretty sure he was modded too, I put a full clip of heavy sniper into him with little to no effect,  and he managed to pop my apc, on foot. Twice.  

RevRico
10/2/17 1:06 p.m.

Easy guide for the heist

So i found this guide, with maps and gifs and strategy to do the criminal mastermind challenge if anyone is up for it. 

I found out VIP work is invitation session friendly, so been grinding out sightseeing all weekend, waiting on that bunker rebate. When the bunker rebate hits, I should be close to a million again selling bunker and lockup goods. 

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/2/17 5:38 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I've seen that guide before..a lot of it comes down to practice. You've seen me one time the hack, and how hard it is. 

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
10/3/17 9:49 a.m.
mndsm said:

In reply to RevRico :

I've seen that guide before..a lot of it comes down to practice. You've seen me one time the hack, and how hard it is. 

Or the countless number of times we've ran fleeca trying to get it done under the time limit.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/4/17 7:39 a.m.

In reply to 1kris06 :

Flawless runs and we only ever got to 6"13

RevRico
10/8/17 11:42 p.m.

Productive weekend. I finally have a vehicle warehouse, just need to fill it up now. I know already to stop at 32 cars then only sell top end. As of this writing, I have 5 cars, 3 being top end. 

Next purchase bunker upgrades, and MOC, then finally I can start buying vehicles and I'll be able to actually enjoy playing instead of just grinding constantly. 

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/9/17 7:37 a.m.

Yeah, I'm pretty well set right now. I just unlocked explosive ammo for my sniper. Jesus that is a gamebreaker. 

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project New Reader
10/9/17 7:42 p.m.

I'm back... I went out of town to visit my dad. First day back to work since the 27th!
As for the vehicle warehouse, I've been focusing on the collections lately. I see what I need and then sell the non-collection version of the car, and source/sell until I get it. I've also started driving everywhere... yes it takes a little longer but I feel like I enjoy the game more than just helicoptering around all the time. As such I've built a couple muscle cars up.
The explosive sniper ammo is to PVP what the Insurgent is to missions and the Cargobob is to vehicle sales. You don't even have to be good anymore when you have it. I also got rockets for the Oppressor, another game-changer.
I can only imagine what's next.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/9/17 8:09 p.m.

Yeah, I actually unlocked rockets almost immediately. I haven't bought an oppressor just yet. I was gearing for a second vehicle warehouse (I wanted a completed trophy set) and found out today I can only have one. Boo hiss. I'm not sure what's next.  I know I need the pseudo batmobile that's coming out,  and I should keep a good pile of cake on deck for whatever Halloween ish is out in the next few weeks. 

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project New Reader
10/9/17 8:45 p.m.

The Oppressor has seen more seat time in the 2 weeks I've had it than any other motorcycle I own, even since the Bikers update. Maybe even all my other bikes combined. It's well worth the coin. Sometimes I enjoy just flying around and doing stunts with it. Perfecting that "touch and go" to recharge the boost is quite a challenge. I suggest you try one out if you get the chance (if a friend has one). You'll be sold just like I was, guaranteed.

RevRico
10/11/17 12:54 p.m.

Figured out it was the comcrap "wireless gateway" that was screwing up my connections. Put it into bridge mode, no more Wi-Fi from the modem (pointless garbage anyway), and I'm staying connected better. 

Which brings a new problem, I can't get into solo public lobbies anymore. Smallest I've seen since the change is 15. 

So I can either risk losing all my sales to connection problems or shiny happy person on oppressors.  

just make the stupid computers work OUT of public lobbies, or give us actual lobbies with options for PvP/pve.  But as long as kids are buying shark cards nothing gonna change. 

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/11/17 3:11 p.m.

This is why I always feel out lobbies, or hope for a sheer. 

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
10/11/17 8:51 p.m.

its like the other night i went to do a mission and some asshat goes and kills me and then i can not even get away from him with out die like 15 times. and just ended up sitting there till he got bored.

there are some really winners out there that you try just running away and they have to track you down and kill you for no reason even if you are minding your  stuff and doing nothing. I can deal with someone driving by and doing a kill nows and then its no big deal. it happens. i think we all have gunned someone down for fun at times. but when you go to the effort to track and kill them over and over. that's a nice peirce of work.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
10/11/17 10:02 p.m.

In reply to ckosacranoid :

It's even better when they send you a vulgar message for taking vengeance upon them.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/12/17 10:02 a.m.

In reply to N Sperlo :

Or when they don't realize your e rolling deep and someone way scarier than them comes in guns blazing to even the score. 

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
10/12/17 2:20 p.m.

One of my favorite things I ever saw happen in GTA was the time me and my friends got into a small impromptu fire fight with another group and one of my bros brought out the tank.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/12/17 2:37 p.m.

In reply to Chadeux :

In the before time, I had a tank well before most. People would start E36 M3,  and it would be tank time. Never saw a room clear faster. 

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
10/12/17 2:52 p.m.

This was still in the Pre-PS4 era where being rank 100 and having a tank was still a bit of a thing. It doesn't have nearly as much impact now that basically everyone has some sort of armored car that's packing heat. Now my new favorite game is going full action movie and running from somebody that's firing missiles at me, which happens way too often if I'm honest.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/12/17 3:37 p.m.

In reply to Chadeux :

I learned the other night you can actually bank a buzzards hard enough to outrun homing rockets. It's not easy, but doable. Never fought harder for a delivery. 

1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 ... 179

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
v7nvFpxBbEZzYNyXstooaDQXYIyjtNCMtmjrJYQA0NRkFyef5Yf5FXJbb5hr1Cji