There is no way, NO WAY, spyhunter can match that time

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
1/2/14 1:31 p.m.

Hahahahahah

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
1/3/14 5:13 a.m.

I plan on revisiting this tonight after work. I have my sights set firmly on Hoop's time. I may have to turn the abs back on. I don't think spools time is approachable by a mere mortal.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
1/3/14 10:51 a.m.

I did have ABS set to 1, but I didn't change any other settings. I think there are a couple seconds still on the table. There were a couple corners where I lifted or tapped the brakes, then realized I could have gone through it flat. That and going down the hill early on the track I hit the rev limiter at 105mph and it dropped to 90ish mph. Holding it at 102-103 should net a car length or 2.

failboat
failboat SuperDork
1/3/14 11:22 a.m.

most you can hold it at is 104, 105 hits the limiter.

I also ran ABS at 1, TCS off, all other aids off, no adjustments to the car. I probably overbraked for several turns as my time shows. which is really easy to do with this car surprisingly.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/3/14 4:04 p.m.

Spool you are not human. You are a GT5/6 Robot.

I tried it and . .. . . Well it is not worth posting. LOL I still get lost on the ring. I have those moments when I am sailing down a strait and I realize I have no clue as to where the track is going to go next. I really should spend some time and learn that track.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
1/4/14 4:24 p.m.

I finally got it dialed down to a hoop like time.

I did turn the abs to 1.

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
1/4/14 11:58 p.m.

I gave it a shot. First with a controller while riding on my bike machine (new year's resolution- exercise more, possibly get back under 180)

9:29.901 (ABS to 1, all others off)

I realize now how much I don't like using the controller.

I then finished biking, and used the wheel:

9:21.969

Notice the previous lap was a few tenths quicker, and the off that invalidated it cost me half a second to the ghost of the previous lap. It goes to show there's still speed there, but at 9 minutes a lap it's hard to put out more than a few before needing to do something productive.

I've been shifting out of 2nd around 60 mph, is that the same for you guys? this thing really dies at upper RPM...

Edit: why did the pics show up in the preview but are now broken? I'll try to fix it hang on

Edit 2: ok fixed

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
1/5/14 5:56 a.m.

In reply to Rufledt:

That's why I only did 2 laps. It's a lot of time involved.

I short shifted to third around 65mph.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
1/5/14 11:20 a.m.

If you guys want to try a quicker challenge (the Ring is a bit of a time commitment). How about a pure stock RUF RGT on Sport Medium tires at Susuka?

This is Spools qualifying time from the last GT5 race:

(I am a bit curious if Spool finds GT6 faster or slower under the same situation)

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
1/5/14 12:26 p.m.

In reply to Rufledt:

Damn impressive sir, damn impressive.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cXCVU7DoXQGxYQ8GnV0WnuNF6ifrgqeZLE8BJ9j356RMwRg1SSu8lr7BYtSf88jS