1 2 3
Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
11/1/17 9:40 p.m.

Starting this for all that play. PS4 names could be added. I’ll go first. THRILLHOUSE_1985 

I’m west coast, so a racing league might be nice if we can come up with a common time to meet up. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/2/17 12:22 a.m.

We use Wednesdays and Sundays, 6:00 pm pacific, 9:00 pm eastern.  This seems to work best for all (I am on the west coast also). 

I just got a PS4 and GTS and PC2, so I still need to go through the license dance.

I am allaircooled on PSN.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
11/5/17 11:48 p.m.

Right on. That timing should work for me, especially on sundays. 

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
11/6/17 5:29 a.m.

Spoolpigeon on PSN as well. I’ll be hosting a Sunday winter series for my local autocross region, but all are welcome. It’s ran at 7pm eastern. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/8/17 12:02 p.m.

I got some time to get a bit more experience with GTS.  Some observations:

- Love the livery editor, it's very nice to customize your cars (it can be a slight bit buggy). Once you can upload stickers (likely background transparent .png files)... oh boy.  I REALLY wish there were some cool old cars to edit!!!

- Buying / having cars is not that much of an issue.  There is a good amount of money to be had at start, cars are not horribly expensive and you can get a free car every day if you just enter an online race.  Since all the cars are supposed to be balanced in each class, it's not a huge issue competitively normally.

- Honestly, the online options are pretty slim.  You have a choice of three different races (track / car) a day and that is it, other then peoples open rooms.  Those races prohibit tuning (see below).  I have not tried public rooms yet, but we will see, probably a lot better if they allow tuning.

- Untuned cars are horrible understeer monsters, the land of Turn In being a wishful thought on a far away island.  The Trail Brake store is actually located on another planet, you can get there, but it's a hell of a trek.  They suck.  The only good thing is that many online drivers seem to drive them stock, and are super easy to pass going into corners (they are busy getting on the steamship to Turn In land)

- You CAN adjust ABS, Traction Control and Brake Balance in untuned cars.  Putting ABS to minimum and TC off or low help a bit, but moving Brake Balance to the rear helps a LOT.

- FOR SOME REASON, the brake balance is setup as Minus to left, Positive to right.  Moving the slider to the left (negative), moves the brake balance Forward !??!?!  I don't know about anyone else, but this is the opposite of what I would assume.  Wasted a fair amount of time with cars that use only the front brakes!

- Brake pedal on my G27, emulated as a G29, is HORRIBLY sensitive, making non-ABS almost unusable.   1/4 pedal travel = full brakes.  There does not seem to be way to adjust this.  There appears to be NO brake adjustment (other then balance).   There is also no sensation of braking (no sound, no movement), making non-ABS use even harder.

- The daily online racing is heavily regulated (penalties etc.) but unfortunately does not stop you from being horribly shunted.  They will get a penalty, but it can easily take you out of a race.  The Driver rating system seems to help this a bit though since if you do this enough you will get dinged, and people seem to be avoiding that.  So, look out for tracks with sharp first corners!!

- Driving dynamics are not bad with all the nannies turned off.  Power oversteer seems a bit strange and sometimes hard to control.  I think it has to do with the massive rear toe they default to in the game (same as GT6), so once they go, they go.   No where near the feel you get from PC2 though, but it does seem have different feel for different types of cars.

- You can do minor upgrades to cars (power and weight).  I have no idea why though.  Since there is no PP system, they balance cars by class (and will likely keep fiddling with the numbers) and have power and weight HCs that are automatically applied which would almost certainly just override them.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
11/13/17 9:22 p.m.

It’s getting better guys. The day1 losers are leaving for other games, COD is soon to come out, so naturally the idiots will lose interest, leaving only us normals. The updates are getting good too. The full unfurling of this game has yet to happen. 

If we can, let’s not turn this thread into a bitch session. Plenty of that on GTplanet. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/13/17 11:11 p.m.

Thought I would post up a few pics of a few liveries I created and some example of the photo mode

bslate3
bslate3 Reader
11/19/17 10:32 a.m.

I'm bslate3 on there. I'm waiting on Black Friday deals as to weather or not I get a new wheel or one of those emulators for my g27. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
11/22/17 9:12 p.m.

So do we have a verdict yet?  I've been hearing about people having issues with hosting races, people getting kicked, audio not working, etc.  Has anyone here been having those issues?

I'm picking up a PS4 on a black Friday deal and am trying to choose between GTS and PC2, depending on what you guys are running.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/23/17 10:40 a.m.

I think we are going with PC (get the expensive version with the expansions built in if you can).  GTS is fine, but is severely lacking in car and tracks (many of which are fantasy).  The only advantage / plus I see with GTS is that it has the familiar "cheats" in it, the super high draft and boost.  There of course are very unrealistic, but do make for closer racing.  I love the livery editor, but that does not make for better racing.

PC will be a bit of a change in terms of driving / racing, but has a wealth of options in terms of tracks and conditions / weather.  The car selection is not nearly as large as GT6, but has a good selection with some pretty unique cars that all have pretty distinctive characteristics.  I think this will allow for a lot of things to play around with and experiment with.

Don't completely discount GTS though.  With the trend I have seen, it might be pretty cheap soon. I have already seen the European store sell it for 50% off.  Who knows what expansions will bring, but old cars are unlikely (my interest of course) and there will certainly be additional cost. It is a bit easier to just jump in for fun though.  Offline racing options are way better with PC2 though (an actual campaign mode).

There of course are some relevant Black Friday deals:

Best Buy has PC2 for $30! (you will want to plunk down for the ~$30 expansions)

https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?src=SearchBarV2&q=project+cars&searcharea=deals&searchin=first

Be aware that the PS4 pro is a bit more powerful and should provide a slight display improvement (less visual drop off, less slow down in demanding situations) over the normal PS4.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/25/17 12:11 a.m.

Well, GTS is making things a bit more interesting.  Update coming in the next month or so will add to the offline play options (which are very slim currently) and some interesting cars (shown below).  They also claim they will add around 50 new cars between now and March.

Included in the first patch will be the Shelby Cobra. You will note the VW Bus below also, so there is a minor commitment to older cars.  No idea how they will possibly fit into their classing system, but I am guessing there will be some rather extreme "adjustments" happening for equalized races.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-patch-v1-06-bring-new-cars-offline-modes/

• Chevrolet Corvette (C3) Stingray Convertible (C3)
  • Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
  • Ferrari F40
  • Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
  • Lamborghini Countach LP400
  • KTM X-BOW R
  • Mazda RX-7 (FD) Spirit R Type A
  • Nissan Skyline (R32) GT-R V-spec II
  • Nissan Skyline (R34) GT-R V-spec II Nür
  • Suzuki Swift Sport
  • Volkswagen Samba Bus Type 2 (T1)
  • Chris Holstrom Concepts 1967 Chevy Nova (2013 SEMA GT Award winner)
e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
11/25/17 2:51 p.m.

I ended up buying both PC2 and GTS, though it will probably be next Sunday before I have a chance to get everything set up as I still don't have a patch for my G27 yet.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/25/17 10:15 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

I will be interested in your thoughts about the two.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/26/17 1:34 a.m.
e30Matt said:

I ended up buying both PC2 and GTS, though it will probably be next Sunday before I have a chance to get everything set up as I still don't have a patch for my G27 yet.

What do you mean "patch"?  Do you mean the Drivehub?

Be aware that the Drivehub requires a real Sony controller to be plugged into (and cannot be used otherwise). I could not get my cheapish wired controller to work in that capacity. This is relevant because the headsets plug into the controller and the cheaper ones don't have headphone jacks and most of the old Bluetooth headsets won't work.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/26/17 4:05 p.m.
aircooled said:
e30Matt said:

What do you mean "patch"?  Do you mean the Drivehub?

Be aware that the Drivehub requires a real Sony controller to be plugged into (and cannot be used otherwise). I could not get my cheapish wired controller to work in that capacity. This is relevant because the headsets plug into the controller and the cheaper ones don't have headphone jacks and most of the old Bluetooth headsets won't work.

I am now fully working with the Drive Hub, two Sony controllers, and a wired headset with Mic connected through the second controller. Its a mess but it works.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/26/17 7:35 p.m.

I have a wireless headset on order.  I didn't want to buy another controller.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
11/26/17 8:23 p.m.

A heads up Air if you’re thinking of doin a GTS League. There is a bug in the lobbies where some cars are dead in the water at the start. We’ve been dealing with it in our testing the past 3 weeks. It’s the reason I haven’t started my winter league because we can’t guarantee everyone will actually get to race. 

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
11/26/17 8:25 p.m.

Another annoying GTS feature: no chat in the lobbies. Sure you can use party chat, but that only holds 8 people. We had 10 in our room tonight and the other 2 guys were SOL. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/26/17 11:29 p.m.

Hmmm, how nice, another removed feature.  PC2 is the opposite, there is no text chat in rooms (you have to use the PS messaging), but voice is fine.  I suspect this another attempt by GT to "sanitize" things (e.g. the "F your mother crowd").  I did see you guys on tonight and tried to join but it said the room was full. I am curious if we would have any connection issues.  One of the reason I was hesitant was because I did not have the headset, so I guess that wasn't an issue.

One issue with PC private rooms is that you need to specifically invite people into it, which seems like a bit of a pain.

In either game though, once we all get our driver ratings up rooms could theoretically be open to the public and avoid the riff-raff.  The participants in the GT6 rooms have been very good for the last few months because the less dedicated have moved on.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/29/17 12:31 p.m.

GTS is apparently on super special for 24 hours on the Sony store.  $40 for the standard editions (I would highly discourage the $20 extra for the deluxe unless you are super lazy, all you get are some cars and credits).

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-discounted-us-ps-store-deal-ends-tomorrow/

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/29/17 3:59 p.m.

Of note:  The recent patch fixed an exploit to make easy money in which you backed into the pits to skip to the end of the race (making money in arcade mode).  

There is still a bit of an exploit you can do though (about $120,000 in 10 min).  Do an Arcade race at Nurmburg 24 hr with fuel use to max (10x), pick an N100 car (Miata, slowest group), set the opponent cars to max level (Vision cars), max skill, max number of cars, 1 lap.  No restriction on tires.

The basic idea is that the Vision cars will run out of gas at about 1/2 lap (why you need the large track) and you can catch and pass them without running out.  It can get close though, so don't go slow.  If you like driving around the ring, this is a good way to make some CR doing it.

You can also use faster cars (shorter race), but will not make as much money and have to worry about running out of gas.

I don't think this will work with shorter tracks because I suspect they will pit and refuel.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/5/17 4:42 p.m.

The decal uploader is now working. One of the first things I uploaded was the GRM logo.  I will see if I can share it.  If not, you should be able to get it from here then upload at Gran-Tourismo.com:   https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/decal-uploader

You should be able to get it from here:   https://drive.google.com/open?id=101E8oBXvIXreLBUIaoQiUBgxUdfhNtZn

Here are a couple of my uses:

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
12/5/17 5:11 p.m.

Yeah, we all need that sticker. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/5/17 5:41 p.m.

Quick note:  Because of size restrictions, I had to make the main logo and the tagline separate decals.  The tag line is pretty easy to lay over the logo though, just make it as wide as the logo with the split at the "P" descender.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
12/6/17 6:46 p.m.

I've been playing around with GTS for a while now, mostly in single player mode since I'm using the controller and just trying to get through the lower level stuff.  So far it doesn't really feel that much different than GT6, though it's kinda hard to compare wheel vs. controller from a feel standpoint.  I've only done a couple sport races but I'm hoping the DR levels allow for rapid increases through the lower ranks.  I won my first 2 races by an average of 15s+ and I haven't used a controller to race since sometime in GT5.

I have tried PC2 but on a controller I don't have the finesse to keep from spinning.  With the drivehub backordered I caved and bought a new wheel which should arrive Saturday, so hopefully I'll be up and properly running by the end of the weekend.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
foLXnhhHHN5JdR7utjKjDNmyqoJRjOe3fkE1qKNMSPp0GPdcVdETdP3S5OzPhuRT