1 2 3
Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/28/18 2:35 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

No one would make any mistakes? Have you seen me drive?

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/28/18 7:29 p.m.

Sounds lime spec RSR is most agreeable choice overall. Did you test with AI cars of same class?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/28/18 8:07 p.m.

No, we did not test it as a group.  I did test it earlier last night though.  I was quite entertaining dueling with the Jags.  If we do standing starts, we should be able to easily jump in front of the AI cars at the start.

Argo1
6/28/18 8:12 p.m.

I ran a couple of races with - it think is was Sauce - don't remember.  Ran the RSRs against the full class.  Very interesting and entertaining.  Nice eye candy.  You really have to be aware of the different capabilities.  Who will be fast or slow at different sections of the track.  At Barcelona we were able to keep ahead of the pack.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/28/18 10:45 p.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

Yeah, that was me, and the full class definitely added a challenge.  The cars that were fastest in a straight line were almost incomprehensibly slow in some corners.  Like, you know they're going to be slower (and some extra since they're AI) so you give them a wide margin, but it still isn't enough.

I had intended to make the practice session but I've been putting in extra hours at work and got a bit consumed.  By the time I actually thought about quitting to have some fun it was almost 11 so I figured I'd already missed the party.  If it does end up Spec RSR be forewarned that I REALLY like that car out of the box.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/28/18 11:43 p.m.

So it’s settled then.  Sauce is NOT allowed to tune the RSR at all!

It was nice of him to volunteer that, don’t you think?

I was actually surprised at the RSR’s handling.  I expected it to be a lot more deadly considering it’s has an early 911 suspension.

Oh and who was talking about lifting an inside wheel?  The video makes it look like they did a pretty good job with simulating it:

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/29/18 6:05 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

That was me driving Dean’s tune. As described in your video... “a clear setup error”

Argo1
6/29/18 9:57 a.m.

I remember a road test in Road & Track magazine back in the early 70's.  They tested all three 911's - the T, E, and S.  There was a photo of all three cornering hard and all three had the inside front wheel in the air.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/29/18 10:29 a.m.

FYI:  Here are the original IROC colors and drivers:

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/29/18 11:06 a.m.
1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XwDDutExTNIQm3yD8Z6lpKmqag5C6aYdkXhD5gqjp5rTd6PDMyuvuv0SMaF9Jffk