1 2 3 4 5 6 7
BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/26/18 4:50 p.m.

Run RallyX cars tonight. They are a lot of fun. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/18 5:17 p.m.

I will be on closer to 9:00 eastern so if someone else is around they should host. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/26/18 10:58 p.m.

RallyX cars on a track with almost no lights with no headlights, when it’s raining, and it gets dark...  does not make for easy driving.

Driving F150’s on that same track in the DAY, was interesting, but slow.  Traction was an issue.

The 4wd street cars (Audi and EVO) were actually pretty fun and well suited for the small track.

dean1484
9/27/18 7:01 a.m.

GTO cars were fun but a bit over powered for my taste. The AUDI because of the AWD made the application of power less of a problem. The Nissan was a handful to drive. I was spinning tires in third gear on the straights. I would like to have tried the Porsche.  The mud dirt thing was interesting. I think the track choice was the real issue.  A bigger track that you could get some laps in instead of just going to a race was a bit weird.  

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
9/27/18 10:42 a.m.

I actually really enjoyed the GTO cars. They are insane in pretty much every respect and an absolute handful even in a straight line, but when you get it right it's incredibly rewarding. Trying to get 7-800 hp down coming out of a corner with massive turbo lag and then hard braking from 170+ mph with no ABS, it's constant work. Just keeping it on track is an accomplishment, if you can be fast then you've done something. 

That said, I'm not sure it would make a good series. 

dean1484
9/30/18 10:09 a.m.

Anyone up for some testing tonight?  

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
10/1/18 12:53 a.m.

I should be up for some testing.....in another week or two.

dean1484
10/2/18 6:40 a.m.

On line open rooms have become really bad as of late. Quite frankly it is making me say that PC really does suck. The kick feature in this game also sucks. Basically the host can not do it. That is one thing the GT got very right!!!  Two on line sessions in a row seriously dumb people have intentionally crashed me. The last straw was last night when some one was sitting about four car lengths before start finish waiting for me as I go by to finish the race they swerve in to me. My ratings took a more than 50 point hit. PC needs to get there E36 M3 together and fix there on line system as this is going to make me walk from this bull E36 M3. Now that I took a 50 plus point hit and I did not even bother looking at my rating the only rooms I can get in to are with the idiots. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
10/2/18 2:17 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Yeah, that room ended up being all over the place in regards to how people were racing.  It seemed like the front was fast and fairly clean, but mid-pack was a bit wild west. 

I had a couple of incidents where I was tapped in the rear mid corner, but nothing intentional like that. Had I not been taken out those times I think my rating would have gone up quite a bit, but I managed to stay pretty stable. Working back up through the field was a challenge, but I managed to get some positions back mostly due to other people's scuffles. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/2/18 7:34 p.m.

That is one thing I will miss most about GT6.  Toward the end there it was pretty much ALL good drivers (at least good intentioned).  Sadly, the more popular PC is, the more of the "FYourMother" crowd will be there.  Argh.

I guess the best we can do is try open rooms occasionally to try to draw in the quality drivers.  I suspect rooms with GT (and maybe street) cars are more likely to have to a-holes since they are generally easier to drive (ABS, SC and such). 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
10/3/18 2:45 p.m.

So, who's around tonight? After the last room I'd rather have a private test session, but it works better when you have more than 2 people. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/3/18 2:52 p.m.

I am around.  I suspect Dean will be around... the steam flowing from his ears has likely subsided.

BradLTL
10/3/18 6:04 p.m.

I’m out tonight. I think I can race next week, but I’m likely out the rest of the months (traveling for work and then Halloween). 

I am never a fan of public rooms. I don’t trust people. Nothing irritates me more than an a-hole ruining everyone’s race for no reason other than to be a troll. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/3/18 8:03 p.m.

I am getting some sort of big update, but the changes seem to be minimal.  Not sure why it’s so large / taking so long.

dean1484
10/4/18 6:38 a.m.

Good fun last night. I liked the Merc. Not the fastest thing out there but with the tuning  made it was fun to drive.  

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
10/4/18 11:47 a.m.

The touring cars are fun, but we definitely need to play with them more to get a better feel for the competitive balance. I'm fastest in the BMW, but Air was right with me in the Megane. Dean found a good tune in the Merc which I also liked, but I was a little bit slower in. The Astra is still a bit of a wild card, seems fast but super loose. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/4/18 4:02 p.m.

The Megane was definitely faster then the Opel for me.  The BMW and the other cars are obviously wildly different and I am sure different tracks would bring that out.  I am not entirely sure you could do a well balance series with all the cars.

That said, the FWD cars are certainly an interesting challenge to drive.  I had no idea FWD cars with that much oversteer where even a thing (I am guessing it's accurate to how the actual cars drive?)  Their bite is WAY less than the BMW though.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
10/4/18 5:24 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

If we were to use them in a series it would have to be FWD only, the BMW is so much easier on the front tires it would demolish the others in any race longer than 10 minutes.

BradLTL
10/4/18 6:55 p.m.
e30Matt said:

In reply to aircooled :

If we were to use them in a series it would have to be FWD only, the BMW is so much easier on the front tires it would demolish the others in any race longer than 10 minutes.

We can turn off tire wear. 

dean1484
10/5/18 10:16 a.m.

You know another format that we could explore would be short sprint races.  Set up a room with a 20 min practice the open a new room with say a 5 min qualifying and a 5 lap race and run 2-3 of these in a row. Keep the total time to less than 45 min for the 3 races including the qualifying time.  

dean1484
10/5/18 10:18 a.m.

I think this would be good for those that get taken out in the first lap a chance to get back in it and fight for a win instead of just making laps like in the longer 30 min races.  

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
10/5/18 1:06 p.m.

I'm not opposed to sprint races, it's what I've been doing lately when I host and have enjoyed it. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/5/18 2:06 p.m.

Also a good format for doing open "participant fishing" rooms.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/8/18 9:39 p.m.

I have not been available to get on much recently but should be the next three Wednesdays.  I will get on this Wednesday and see what is happening.  I was able to convince a new 'victim' to get PC2 and move away from GTS.  Hopefully we will get him on in the next few weeks.

dean1484
10/9/18 7:08 a.m.

I am probably out tomorrow. Work related thing has come up.  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hMXlLykBpM0z6cSdo085M9x5wwN3dWdoLrW6crxbUxSsxuwMePvU9tGYnAsKlMYC