1 ... 3 4 5
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/10/18 10:03 p.m.

I have to say, I was a bit surprised by that last race.  Seemed like a lot of good drivers, but there was a LOT of contact in the hairpins.  I eventually got rammed in the hairpin and booted from the room.

Not sure if my faith in the online drivers is recovered much.  I guess we just have to pick out the good ones and go for private rooms if we want clean racing.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
10/10/18 10:12 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

I've been trying to add friends and accept requests from clean drivers to try to fill out future rooms.  The only downside is that a lot of them seem to be from the UK and Australia...

Argo1
Argo1 UltraDork
10/10/18 11:25 p.m.

Open rooms can take some of the fun out of it depending on who you get.  I guess it's a necessary evil to add more participants.  A real series needs to be closed though.  I don't have any issues with folks from the UK or Australia.  Mics are good though.

Got kicked after race two.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/11/18 12:57 a.m.

I was a little surprised by how many people we have been getting in the open rooms.

It might be worth a try to go with a smaller number of participants to get a bit more control and make it easier to see who the troublemakers are. With a lot of cars it’s a bit too easy to mix into the crowd,

I am guessing the Ausi guys may have been part of the reason for the syncing and booting issues.  I used to run a lot with a Kiwi in GT, but he had issues running in rooms with people from the east coast.  Still pretty crazy that I could reliably race with someone THAT far away!

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/13/18 12:14 p.m.

That was good fun. I am not really a fan of these cars.  I don’t know why. Just that I am not excited to run a series with them like I was with the 911 or the gt3 cars.  I hope to explore more cars this weekend as it is raining up here this weekend. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/13/18 5:19 p.m.

One suggestion is the Ferrari challenge cars.  I don’t know how similar they are to GT3 cars.  I think they are a bit more stock.  That might mean TC and ABS.

Another one is the two old Ferrari’s versus the Aston Martin.  I think the Ferrari’s out run it though.

1 ... 3 4 5
Our Preferred Partners
mDuOFraG4LWWvsNcwXbQl8NdKCry3OlmPZ7gbIAANngCjSuDc9GtERYOtr5a7mvv