1 2
Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/20/16 4:20 p.m.

In reply to dean1484:

Disagree. At least Tron would be fun to watch.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
7/21/16 11:43 a.m.

In reply to bastomatic:

They aren't, I have a Flareon & Vaporeon for taking over gyms that are around 1500(which is a pretty good cp for here) Other Valors have also added more powerful stuff to the gyms, like an 1550 Snorlax & 1400 Hypno. The selection of those two lower level Flareons was a tactical one for me since I could level the gyms up even faster using a cp488 psyduck that yielded 1200-1300 prestige each training session.

The trick is to drop something in the gym, then proceed to level it up to 10. Then have other people drop stuff in it. It raises the prestige past 50k, and if there are only 6 of 10 gym slots filled, would be attackers must beat all 6 with their selection of 6 a total of 4 times before even knocking one defender out of the gym.

CP doesn't mean as much as the gym level, just makes it slightly harder.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 SuperDork
7/22/16 6:56 p.m.

I started playing, it's fun. Now, I need to figure out how to get more mobile data on the cheap.

Chadeux
Chadeux Reader
7/22/16 11:42 p.m.

I managed to accidentally get it working on my S3 Mini even though the internet says it doesn't work on my S3 mini.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/16 4:46 a.m.

One of those times I think I am glad I have a windows based phone.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
7/30/16 9:06 p.m.

Gotta be honest here, at age 31, I've played, and beat, several times over, every single version of the Pokemon game since 1995. I'm hardcore. Pokemon go is my new waste of time. I love this game. And let's face it, there are more harmful ways to "check out" of reality.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
7/31/16 7:16 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Who would have thought that the first augmented reality application with mass appeal would be Pokemon?

Keith, I actually would! My daughter and her fiance (age, mid 20s) are from the generation that were kids when Pokemon came along, and I worked at Cartoon Network when the TV show came out (have to admit I was a bit fond of it for the first three or four seasons.. ). I don't think anyone can ever estimate how much nostalgia can affect a society. After all, isn't the rise in P911 prices largely due to people our age with money finally grabbing the thing they wanted as a kid? Online apps are cheap, compared to some of the nostalgia I have.

Weird thing to me is that some of my co-workers from back in the day are playing, and asking me why I don't. Some are my age (50s), and they're just nostalgic for how cool it was to work there in the 1990s.

I'm not saying I'm going to start playing the thing next week, I guess I'm just saying I understand why folks who do play are so into it. After all, I kind of quit building plastic models of cars when GT/Forza came along and I could "own" and "race" a garage full of favorites from my past for next to nothing.

WOW Really Paul?
8/1/16 10:01 a.m.

In reply to friedgreencorrado:

Unfortunately Niantic is basically trying really hard to blow it by the looks of it.....they screwed up the in game tracking system with an update, then served cease & desist letters to all the tracking services. O.o

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
8/1/16 10:43 a.m.
WOW Really Paul? wrote: In reply to friedgreencorrado: Unfortunately Niantic is basically trying really hard to blow it by the looks of it.....they screwed up the in game tracking system with an update, then served cease & desist letters to all the tracking services. O.o

Using Ingress to find common spawn sites has been helpful.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
8/1/16 10:23 p.m.
WOW Really Paul? wrote: In reply to friedgreencorrado: Unfortunately Niantic is basically trying really hard to blow it by the looks of it.....they screwed up the in game tracking system with an update, then served cease & desist letters to all the tracking services. O.o

Wow, really? Niantic is the company that made it, right? Just pays license fees to Nintendo/Pokemon Co.? If they're behaving like that, it's going to be the "fad" all the haters hope it will be.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
8/1/16 11:33 p.m.
johndej wrote: Yeah, I was thinking if you could somehow drive traffic towards your store/food truck/etc somehow with it.

I think you can put out lures and things like that. Worked for these punks.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/1/16 11:42 p.m.
WOW Really Paul? wrote: In reply to bastomatic: They aren't, I have a Flareon & Vaporeon for taking over gyms that are around 1500(which is a pretty good cp for here) Other Valors have also added more powerful stuff to the gyms, like an 1550 Snorlax & 1400 Hypno. The selection of those two lower level Flareons was a tactical one for me since I could level the gyms up even faster using a cp488 psyduck that yielded 1200-1300 prestige each training session. The trick is to drop something in the gym, then proceed to level it up to 10. Then have other people drop stuff in it. It raises the prestige past 50k, and if there are only 6 of 10 gym slots filled, would be attackers must beat all 6 with their selection of 6 a total of 4 times before even knocking one defender out of the gym. CP doesn't mean as much as the gym level, just makes it slightly harder.

You need to get an old car and start taking it apart.

WOW Really Paul?
8/2/16 11:33 a.m.

In reply to friedgreencorrado:

It's a partnership between Niantic & TPC.

In reply to bearmtnmartin:

Have too much on my plate right now to really accomplish anything.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HjIBOrThwx3prctGwRQzUWVfsXU2v2pAZSmHE37iF27McKjitz0lnvzc1bxLNFNJ