1 2 3
BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/8/18 7:05 p.m.

This week we’ll be be messing around and having fun:

RX lites, followed by the big boy Rx cars, and then finally something completely different.. Indy Cars on an Oval. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/8/18 11:53 p.m.

BradLTL
1/10/18 2:27 p.m.

So, I was looking around today and for Rallycross, there is no practice or qualifying.  Also, it only supports 6 people at a time.   So, basically I'll open a lobby and boom we have a race.  That should be interesting.

Is that something we still want to do, or punt and just make tonight a test session for the next series?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/10/18 3:12 p.m.

Yeah, I was wondering about that.  It's not like it takes much time to learn the track either.   We could easily run a bunch of races.  I am curious about contact also.  It's going to be pretty damn hard not to run into each other, but then again, that is how it is with the real racing.

I think it will be an interesting experience.  We can always re-open a series room if we get bored.

BradLTL
1/11/18 8:43 a.m.

Hijinks from last night...

Starting out promising...

And it went downhill from there...

Then we went to Knockhill, that made things worse...

Pop quiz... what happens when everybody waaaaaaaay over shots the first corner?

Answer: 

and more...

And then just to say we tried it, we ran an oval in Indy cars.  That went predictably...

All in all, it was a fun night.  Now to prep for series 2.

oldrotarydriver
oldrotarydriver New Reader
1/11/18 9:06 a.m.

Was fighting the good fight with new hardware delivered maybe 2 hours before the start, so there was NO WAY that I would inflict any of my misery on yous guys.  ;-)

Approaching midnight, work at 6, called it a night.

Next week will be ...?

BradLTL
1/11/18 9:09 a.m.
oldrotarydriver said:

Was fighting the good fight with new hardware delivered maybe 2 hours before the start, so there was NO WAY that I would inflict any of my misery on yous guys.  ;-)

Approaching midnight, work at 6, called it a night.

Next week will be ...?

Next week will be the start of Series 2 >> Series 2 Thread

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/11/18 11:42 a.m.

Those RallyX cars were pretty damn entertaining.  Not knowing the tracks certainly made it interesting.  They actually handled pretty nice, you just really need to keep them in a drift. 

The "first corner" incident was pretty funny.  I start a bit slow, see the others go over what is effectively a blind right hander over a slight hill.  Come over the hill, land on grass, where is the track?, see the other cars ahead in a wall, smash into them in the wall.  I took a few laps to figure out the second corner was a rather tight left hander (after a blind corner) into dirt! (the Joker option was a bit more of a straight run)

Not a fan of the Indy cars at the oval.  Pretty boring.  Surprisingly easy to drive with the default setup.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zpA9SKTxItbuGKoyJ2rF23XjqyHVp7kskA0BmCDEO6xOfSxsdnWWzmXl9C4dAqxh