1 ... 5 6 7 8
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/10/17 12:06 a.m.

There are a LOT of settings you can mess with Spool.  Setting the steering to full realistic (or whatever it's called) is helpful.  Disabling the look into corners helps also.  Since you are used to GT try the hood view.  The bumper view is way to low. 

The GT3 cars are pretty funky compared to what we normally drove in GT.  The tuning range is not that big either (at least with these cars).  A good suggestion is to completely turn off ABS and TC (which is 100, not 0).  This will give you a good idea how the car wants to handle.  Non-ABS brakes are much easier to use in this game.  Being able to adjust brake pressure is a huge help also.

I will see if I can record my relevant settings since they are probably a good transition point coming from GT.

Oh, and one reason you may be getting steering bounce: KEEP YOUR DAMN TIRES ON THE TRACK! cheeky  This is not GT, it WILL let you know when your tires are not fully on the track.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
12/14/17 4:34 p.m.

License system explained... finally..

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
12/16/17 1:19 p.m.

More for your reference...

A suspension calculator.  I guess the best summary here is that is makes tuning a bit more like GT.  I played with it a bit, and did see an improvement, but that just may have been the driver...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54023-Project-CARS-2-Suspension-Calculator-v0-96

And a diff calculator...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52783-Magic-inside!-Need-Help-With-Differentials&p=1367069&viewfull=1#post1367069

I should point out that these were built by the Handling QA lead at SMS, so they are semi-official

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
12/16/17 7:29 p.m.

I took the Porsche GT3 R and worked the calculator to find optimum settings - according to the spreadsheet.  I felt that I had the car pretty well sorted and it felt pretty good.  I was a bit skeptical.

I applied the settings that the spreadsheet said that I should use and headed out to run some test laps at Sonoma.  Previously in the day I had run a 1:34.0.   The fourth lap on the new settings was a 1:33.4 and the car felt more stable over the crests.  I guess it works.  Nice tool.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/25/17 12:21 p.m.

Saw that PC2 was on sale and then even further discounted with PS plus, so I grabbed it. I'll give it a try as soon as it finishes downloading.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
12/25/17 12:44 p.m.

Excellent. Come join us on Wednesday evenings.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/25/17 9:50 p.m.

Ok after a few minutes of driving the 720S with the boost turned down this is coming to me a lot quicker than GT Sport did. Going to let it finish the full install then start putting some laps in with a more sane car.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
12/25/17 10:05 p.m.

It takes awhile to get up to speed. Try a few cars and let us know if anything you drive seems like it would make a series. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/26/17 1:24 a.m.

As noted, it's a bit more of a simulator then a game.  I would suggest some of the older or lower powered cars, things move a bit slower.  You generally have to under drive the cars compared to something like GT Sport.  In GTS it's not that hard to drive the cars near 100%. It can be a huge challenge in PC2, especially with the high performance cars.

I drove in an online room where the where driving the Zonda roadster.  Boy was that car overpowered for the tires! Not recommended as a first test drive!!

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
12/26/17 10:34 a.m.

Anyone tried that drift Miata? I wonder if it can be non-drifted. And if there is more than 1 livery. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/26/17 12:29 p.m.

It's WILDLY overpowered, for drift purposes.  It would certainly be a challenge to race, but probably nothing like a stock Miata. I would be willing to try though.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/26/17 7:46 p.m.

So I think Clio Cup might be a fun series. Mixed field of Vintage GT A and B would be cool to see if we got enough people. That's my dumb thoughts so far.

oldrotarydriver
oldrotarydriver New Reader
12/26/17 9:37 p.m.

Finally fussed the CronusMax+Plus, my old G25 wheel, a dirt-cheap USB 2.0 hub and the PS4 Pro into something approaching usable.  I'd picked up the download version of PC2 a few days ago during the 'sale', but hadn't had time to flop down on the living room floor and try to get all of it behaving itself.  To say I was disappointed when PC2 first fired up would be an accurate assessment; one car, one track, and a lot of dimmed out selections. Two hour plus additional download / update solved that issue, but dang, they oughta warn a guy...

Sore butt, sore hip, sore face (from the grin) after over an hour trying to break 1:59 on The Glen GP Course with a Radical. 

PSN ID "Old-Rotarian"

I'm down for some Clio Cup, once I get the bugs sorted out for audio.  I'm deaf in one ear, there's two dogs in the house that LOVE to announce things, so things get a little weird.  :-)

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/26/17 9:43 p.m.

I will say PC2 has me looking into getting a G29 and building a platform to put it on. I've got a list of more pressing concerns ahead of that though. 

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
12/26/17 11:18 p.m.

We had some hammer and tongs Clio Cup races in the past with the old GT6.  I haven't tried the Clio in PC2.  We may have to mess with it tomorrow night.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/27/17 12:37 a.m.

I will agree that the "demo" race they give you while the game is loading is a horrible choice.  Long Beach is bad being narrow and having a lot of walls and the Mclaren is a total plow pig.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/10/18 10:07 p.m.

A big update has been released for PCs.  Lots of little changes, including what looks to a lot of AI adjustments.  I suspect most will make it to PS4.

scroll down to 1.4 update:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55001-Project-CARS-2-PC-Updates-Changelog&p=1472667&viewfull=1#post1472667

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/10/18 10:17 p.m.

The Porsche update is coming soon, with a new track.  The car list, what is known currently, seems interesting, but clearly needs more 911, 914 action (list is not complete so maybe?).  The 917/10K has got to a ridiculously wild ride, but a bit of a nightmare to race (what 1200hp is not enough!?!).  I would REALLY hope they will add the original IROC 911 RSR!

Not a lot of reason to buy the expansion packs unless the league racing wants to use them (since I do mostly league races).  I will consider this one though, especially if there is a 911 or two.  The sound of the other cars alone might be worth it also, especially the 917.

Partial list?

• 1970 Porsche 917K
  • 1971 Porsche 908/03
  • 1971 Porsche 917 Long Tail
  • 1972 Porsche 917/10K
  • 1978 Porsche 935
  • 1987 Porsche 959
  • 1987 Porsche 961
  • 2003 Porsche Carrera GT
  • 2016 Porsche 919 Hybrid
BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
2/10/18 10:21 p.m.

The Porsche pack is supposed to come with a track as well. That should make it worth the investment. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/11/18 12:02 a.m.

They are guessing Kyalami or Leipzig.  Since Leipzig is a test track, it seems a bit less likely.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
2/11/18 10:23 a.m.

Here I was hoping for a 914/6 Or 924 Carrera.

I had to Google the 961 because i didn't know what it was. I want to try it and the 959 now.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/26/18 1:33 p.m.

Looks like it will be the Leipzig’s Porsche Experience Centre.  I am not sure if the race track is good or not, but it looks like it would be great for testing and tuning. Look, a skid pad!

https://www.gtplanet.net/looks-like-leipzigs-porsche-experience-centre-coming-project-cars-2/

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
2/28/18 9:18 a.m.

It bothers me that the game only tracks fast laps if you run them in Time Trial, and then it's worse because you can't filter down to the actual car/class you are driving.

I just bought this ($5): https://www.pocketplayground.net/rs-dash-pcars2

It should at least help me keep track of my speed and times.  Did a quick test and it seem pretty slick.  I'll know more after our race tonight.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
3/5/18 8:22 a.m.

So another VERY nice feature is that your telemetry and metrics can be uploaded to a website.  This is worth the $5 to me:

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
3/6/18 10:31 a.m.

Porsches... Porsches... get'em while they're hot..

1 ... 5 6 7 8
Birthdays
Our Preferred Partners
epVWGfCBMZlv4HowtaFoYZGgwl27rNdY