1 ... 6 7 8
BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/6/18 11:01 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Do it from your navbar. Go down from the game and you should see add ons that are “Free”

BradLTL
3/6/18 11:44 a.m.
aircooled said:

Looks like it will be the Leipzig’s Porsche Experience Centre.  I am not sure if the race track is good or not, but it looks like it would be great for testing and tuning. Look, a skid pad!

https://www.gtplanet.net/looks-like-leipzigs-porsche-experience-centre-coming-project-cars-2/

Disappointingly, there is only 1 configuration for the track, and it doesn't include any of the sweet infield bits.  The infield appears to be modeled, but it's walled off.  Also, they've disabled the Drone camera, so you can go fly around and look.  Surely they'll open it up more?

BradLTL
3/6/18 12:38 p.m.

They say, "Don't meet your heroes"... they were wrong...

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/6/18 1:25 p.m.

So, what is the deal with the Season pass?  I got it when I bought the game but I assume that was just for last “seasons”add ons.  Should I look for it in the PS store under PC2? The PS4 store is a bit new to me.

I figure I should just get the season pass rather than picking and choosing the add ons.  I did not get the last “fun pack” as far as I know. I am guessing that would come under this season.

BradLTL
3/6/18 1:33 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

I just bought the season pass today.  I wasn't too interested in the Fun Pack, but knowing that I would probably get this pack, the LeMans pack and the Ferrari pack... the Season pass is basically getting the Fun Pack and Motorsport Pack for free.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/6/18 7:55 p.m.

A developer noted:

"We are going to include a couple of additional track layouts (probably "Dynamic Strecke" and "Short über Laguna") to Leipzig in the next update"

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/7/18 5:52 p.m.

Apparently I already have the 2nd season pass!  I was able to download the extra packs.  Boy, they don’t make it easy eh?  It took me a while to find them and did see one instance of the wanting to charge me for them.  I guess I will get the others also (two more?)

BTW... Vintage Touring GT A after the update.... So... Much... Good... Stuff... must test...

(the 911, the Group 44 Jag and the Trans Am Mustang join the 240Z, Z28 and Ferrari)

BradLTL
3/7/18 6:02 p.m.

Yea, that could be a contender for next season. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/9/18 12:13 p.m.

So, if I were going to buy PC2, is it worth it to get the deluxe edition instead of the regular edition?

It looks like the Season Pass is included in the deluxe edition.

BradLTL
3/9/18 12:45 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Yes

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/10/18 8:46 a.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Most definitely 

BradLTL
3/10/18 8:49 a.m.

I think it’s only $36 for the deluxe version on the PS Store flash sale right now (which is about 1/3 of what I paid).

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/9/18 11:40 p.m.

Update for PC is out, console version should be soon.  Looks like some pretty good stuff:

Addition of the Ferrari 488 Challenge car, and liveries from the 2017 Ferrari Challenge series. This is the latest Ferrari to feature in Maranello’s single-marque championship, and the most powerful car in the series’ 25-year history.  
Addition of two new layouts to the Porsche Leipzig on-road circuit.
Corrected a small number of turbo and suspension issues on various cars.
Resolved an issue where some drivers would appear stuck on track during qualification or race session.
Resolved an issue where the end of race results would display incorrectly.
Resolved multiple ghost loading issues in time trial.
Polished the Online Reputation calculations, including tweaks for when players retire due to excess damage.
Corrected an occasional issue of players being taken to the wrong lobby if the host set up a new lobby whilst the old one was populated.
Mechanical failures no longer include aerodynamic damage.
Various improvements to the AI at a number of tracks and conditions.
Solved an issue in career when, under certain circumstances, the standings would not display correctly.
Multiple other miscellaneous fixes and optimisations.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/18 7:05 a.m.

Wonder if they fixed the GT3 Merc

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/10/18 8:10 a.m.

Camber question. If I am consistently seeing higher tire temps on the inside edge of a tire it seems I need to reduce the amount of camber. My question is how close is close enough for tire temps across a tire and is there any harm or ill effects to running non symetrical camber on a track with both left and right turns? I'm going to try it to see but won't be able to get to it till Friday at the earliest. 

Working on tweaks to my Brands Hatch setup. 

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/10/18 8:57 a.m.

Generally speaking, a difference of 5 degrees from the center to the inside edge is fine.

jde
jde HalfDork
4/10/18 9:11 a.m.
BradLTL said:

I think it’s only $36 for the deluxe version on the PS Store flash sale right now (which is about 1/3 of what I paid).

The season pass is also on-sale in the Xbox store as-of this morning.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/31/18 10:31 p.m.

Looks like the next DLC for PC2 with be LeMans, as in the track and the movie.  A number of LeMans cars as well as the track layout that was used in the movie.

https://www.gtplanet.net/the-microsoft-store-leaks-new-spirit-of-le-mans-dlc-for-project-cars-2/

BradLTL
6/1/18 6:39 a.m.

That looks well timed for the 2.4 hours of LeMans I’m planning on putting together. 

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/1/18 10:10 a.m.

A 2.4 hours of LeMans sounds like fun.  Get it scheduled far enough in advance so we can plan.  It's June already.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/1/18 10:20 a.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

I've never tried to do a race that long that I couldn't pause and take a break. Should be fun. 

I've never mastered the turn at the end of the Mulsanne straight  little kink to the right then a 90 degree right.

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fVhO6GQmBrTyGDVUpuJMDtipsXDtUyZm56H9UYVgBVK59GUVlT3XvZlpPwsfWrr4