Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/24/15 11:32 a.m.
Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/24/15 11:33 a.m.

Maybe Project Cars isn't there quite yet.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
5/24/15 12:23 p.m.

I'm not a PC gamer, but I can say it still needs work on the XB1. I've been having more fun with Forza and GT6, and am hoping they patch Project Cars soon.

Bearded.Bird
Bearded.Bird Reader
5/26/15 1:14 p.m.

In reply to Tactical Penguin:

How so? Since it seems like they fixed the steering wheel lock, I havent had any prbolems. But on the other hand, I also havent been able to play it for more than a few hours at a time. But I still would like to know what kind of things you are running in to problems with so I will know what to expect or avoid.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
5/30/15 7:52 a.m.

In reply to Bearded.Bird:

As of Thursday 5/28, the devs have released a patch for Project Cars on XB1. This fixes the steering lock problem and a host of other issues.

Initial impressions post-patch are good. The karts are a lot of fun now, and the few race cars I played with are much improved. My only issue now is with the modern street cars, they seem to understeer way too easily and feel like they're shod with snow tires.

Admittedly, I'm still trying to dial in the controller settings, so maybe this will go away once I have more time to dedicate to playing the game and fiddling with the setup.

Bearded.Bird
Bearded.Bird Reader
5/31/15 3:52 p.m.

Oh awesome. I haven't had a chance to play since the patch, but this is great news. I've started playing with the 458 spider wheel and have been enjoying it a lot.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/1/15 3:38 p.m.

Is there a reason all of you flocked to Project Cars and ignored Assetto Corsa?

Just curious what got your attention and didn't

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
6/2/15 7:43 a.m.

My PC sucks, and I blew my money on an XBONE.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
6/2/15 8:55 a.m.
Flight Service wrote: Is there a reason all of you flocked to Project Cars and ignored Assetto Corsa? Just curious what got your attention and didn't

Because it takes a monster of a PC to run at high settings on 3 monitors and the physics suck.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/2/15 7:46 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac:

Is that why you choose AC or PC?

Everyone says that is a reason to not PC...well, that the physics on ProjCars aren't as good at AC and all the monster system specs and stuff

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
6/3/15 8:35 a.m.

I don't mess with PC either.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/3/15 9:04 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac:

So what is your reference to comment? I am looking to see if I wanna plop down another $50+ on something or just keep it in my pocket and try to find people who play AC outside of this group.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
6/3/15 3:58 p.m.

Sorry, that should have originally been AC. I bought it, graphics look great, didn't find it the physics "natural" feeling like on iRacing for instance.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
6/3/15 4:04 p.m.

This was just announced for consoles.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/03/assetto-corsa-coming-to-playstation-4-and-xbox-one?abthid=556f4edf7e34f0d47d000030

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/6/15 12:40 a.m.

well that should help

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
6/8/15 8:07 p.m.

Forza 6 better deliver, with PCars and now Assetto Corsa coming to XB1.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
6/29/15 12:02 a.m.

Except that PCars absolutely sucks for X One.

induction_junction
induction_junction New Reader
7/1/15 12:20 p.m.

Assetto Corsa is pretty much the only thing I play right now, and I've still got an active iRacing subscription too. When I get home I'd just rather drive whatever I want by myself on some mountain pass or something rather than play bumper cars with angry miata drivers for hours at a time. Don't get me wrong, I love iRacing, but sometimes I just don't feel like devoting the effort/concentration/patience to race that seriously.

I hated the way Assetto Corsa felt until I got used to it after a few weeks of playing it, and when I got into iRacing I was blown away by how much more natural the actual physics felt. Assetto Corsa felt a lot better after playing iRacing though, but that could just be me.

Assetto Corsa makes for a great sandbox game but without mods it doesn't really stand out from the crowd, so I don't know how well the console versions are going to do. The FFB is the best of any game I've played so far, though.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Vd66AeXNHiB3vbF40NhQJJhRlVJsAm4hNJCMbeSXo84XcR7aRvhmp0bIRrBa8kwX