1 2 3 ... 5
Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/6/14 9:01 p.m.

If the game is as good as the video, it will lay waste to Forza and GT.

They won't even be close.

project C.A.R.S. trailer - Speed and Sound

project C.A.R.S. community

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/6/14 9:06 p.m.
Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/7/14 9:04 a.m.

Really? No one knows or cares about this?

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
3/7/14 9:17 a.m.

I don't care how it looks. I care how it drives.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
3/7/14 10:01 a.m.

Been onto it for awhile, tracking progress

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/7/14 10:13 a.m.

I am excited about it. I too am worried about the physics but that seems to square from the interwebs.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
3/7/14 10:52 a.m.
DaveEstey wrote: I don't care how it looks. I care how it drives.

+1

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
3/7/14 10:58 a.m.

Knee jerk responses from watching the two videos:

1. Graphics are on par or sub Forza/GT in the gameplay screen. Trailers are pretty, but gameplay is what matters.

2. Tough to tell the feel of the car from a video, but the physics of some of the inanimate objects looks weird. Example in the Spa vidoe, car hit hay bale, hay bale rockets 100 feet straight up in the air, lands intact in the middle of the track.

3. AI is pretty much the opposite of GT - appears to crash/make mistakes to a ridiculous degree, requiring only that the live driver be lucky enough to avoid the carnage in order to win.

4. All that said, I'm always open to other racing games hoping I won't suck at them as badly as I do at GT, so bring it on!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/14 1:06 p.m.
kazoospec wrote: 2. Tough to tell the feel of the car from a video, but the physics of some of the inanimate objects looks weird. Example in the Spa vidoe, car hit hay bale, hay bale rockets 100 feet straight up in the air, lands intact in the middle of the track.

Collision physics and vehicle physics are completely different things...many sims are great on one and totally half-ass the other (this sim could be the opposite of the Burnout series). Realistic collision physics are also a much harder problem.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
3/7/14 1:59 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
kazoospec wrote: 2. Tough to tell the feel of the car from a video, but the physics of some of the inanimate objects looks weird. Example in the Spa vidoe, car hit hay bale, hay bale rockets 100 feet straight up in the air, lands intact in the middle of the track.
Collision physics and vehicle physics are completely different things...many sims are great on one and totally half-ass the other (this sim could be the opposite of the Burnout series). Realistic collision physics are also a much harder problem.

Very true. I've got enough crash reconstruction training to know modeling it accurately in a game isn't as easy as it may seem. That said, there was a lot of "flying stuff" in the video. I've watched racing for a couple decades now and haven't seen as many flying racecars as I did in that two minute trailer.

To me, though, if the driving physics are ok, I could care less about the crash physics. It just concerns me that their modeling might have been done by a Michael Bay fan.

fifty
fifty Reader
3/7/14 5:53 p.m.

I've had a membership since December 2011. Fantastic graphics, very taxing on the CPU / GPU in its current state.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/7/14 7:14 p.m.

I tried to get in on the sponsor/funding bit of it bit they had closed it before I could. This will be why I buy a PS4.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
3/9/14 12:12 p.m.

I'm interested.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
3/14/14 2:33 a.m.

Call me skeptical.

It was supposed to be released years ago... well before GT5/FM4. The fact that they have delayed time after time their 6-8 month estimate makes me nervous. Could be a great sim, or a pretty arcade game, or glitchy as heck.

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
3/20/14 10:13 a.m.

I don't know for the PC games I am stuck on rFactor. Now that can be due to the guys and gal that I am racing with. They are a great bunch and the mods that we play are always well produced. The graphics are good, the physics are really good and I only had to buy it once. From there, we have no extra costs to play on line. To me that is a Win-Win.

Cheers;

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/21/14 12:16 a.m.
BradLTL wrote: I tried to get in on the sponsor/funding bit of it bit they had closed it before I could. This will be why I buy a PS4.

Exactly, same here. Add to my Xbox One haha i've been watching the progress for months to a year and it gets better and better, especially the sounds. I could really care less about how pretty surroundings are, i'm just glad a game that looks amazing but most importantly, has proper physics, is coming to the new consoles. Coming from developers of pc sims. Considering the new consoles have almost computer like power now.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UberDork
3/23/14 1:34 p.m.

I've been waiting for a while. The person that streams races I watch has been playing the trailers for this during commercial breaks.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
10/20/14 5:15 p.m.

There is a rumor it will be delayed until next year. Maybe March.

Looks like GT is a trend setter!

They are claiming they are delaying it because The Crew is being released when they were going to release. The Crew looks like it might be a fun goof off racing game. Looks a to be a bit like an improved version of Burnout Paradise.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
11/23/14 10:38 p.m.

New 3 minute trailer

Game play only shots

Project CARS vs Real Life - BMW @ Laguna Seca

Release date via Steam has been pushed to March 2015 but it is on sale right now for $49.95

MCarp22
MCarp22 HalfDork
11/23/14 11:18 p.m.

I'm tenatively excited for this. The trailers look fantastic, as do the real life / other games vs project cars videos. But I want to get some seat time before I'm sold on it.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
11/24/14 11:23 a.m.

Ehh, I'll dissent a little here, there is more background detail for sure, but the detailing of the cars seems to be a little half baked. A few didn't look right at all.

It still comes down to how everything drives though.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/24/14 1:37 p.m.

The game looks great. I liked the scenes of street cars being driven in anger on the track a bit more than the competition machinery. I felt exactly opposite this seeing the vintage open wheel cars on track.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
11/24/14 6:56 p.m.

if it is half of what they are pitching it will be awesome

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
11/24/14 7:04 p.m.
Duke
Duke UltimaDork
11/25/14 7:53 a.m.

I'm interested. But after being heavily involved in the GT community for the better part of a decade, I won't get excited until it actually has shipped units on the shelf for purchase.

As others have said, I really don't care if the background graphics are any better than GT6 (minus the stupid shader artifacts). If you're looking at the scenery during a race, you're doing it wrong. I care about A) the driving "feel", and B) the AI quality - in that order.

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ESofe1PmRGilAEV76cph6mxALrfMUpjr7iBr9odSNQzSK5ExDd7193xCk9sg3JK0