1 2 3 4 5
PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
4/17/15 11:27 a.m.

Looks like May 8th is the officially official release date now.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/17/15 12:02 p.m.

....ahhh, just ship it... we can always update it after it's released...

Hopefully not, but you know it will happen (especially since it has already been delayed a few times).

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
4/26/15 12:02 p.m.

So I was mistaken, it's May 12th. I put my pre-order in today. I normally don't pre-order but I was returning Bloodborne (I knew it was a difficult game but geez.) and couldn't find anything else I wanted. Now the waiting...

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
5/6/15 12:44 a.m.

I cancelled my physical pre-order and took advantage of the digital pre-order on XBL which includes a few more bonus cars: Ford GT40, BMW M1 Pro Car, McLaren F1, Sauber C9 and Mercedes-Benz AMG C-Coupe DTM.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
5/6/15 7:03 a.m.

The "review in progress" on IGN looks pretty promising. Still a full week to go though.

trlwnc
trlwnc New Reader
5/6/15 11:37 a.m.

I'm interested, but I will wait to see if it is worth it. However, I am working towards getting a PS4. If I don't get this, I WILL get the next GT!

trlwnc
trlwnc New Reader
5/7/15 6:33 a.m.

Interesting discussion going on here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/pcars-first-impressions.328065/

Looks like a good game, mostly at least, so far.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
5/8/15 10:56 a.m.

Official review is up at IGN, 8.9/10. Can't wait for Tuesday.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/06/project-cars-review

MCarp22
MCarp22 Dork
5/8/15 6:25 p.m.

I've read this doesn't run well on AMD hardware and the force feedback is lacking.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
5/8/15 6:45 p.m.
MCarp22 wrote: I've read this doesn't run well on AMD hardware and the force feedback is lacking.

I'll be on PS4 with a controller. I haven't been able to justify a wheel just yet.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/8/15 7:32 p.m.
aircooled wrote: ....ahhh, just ship it... we can always update it after it's released... Hopefully not, but you know it will happen (especially since it has already been delayed a few times).

Bill Gates? Is that you?

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/8/15 8:42 p.m.

What platform is everyone getting this on? I'm a PlayStation fanboi so that is likely where I will land.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/9/15 9:06 a.m.

my pc went run it and i am video game systemless right now so i am gonna hold up

although the way PS4 and Xbox ones are dropping maybe sooner than later

I love GT, but I also love Halo. So I am conflicted

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
5/9/15 11:55 a.m.
Flight Service wrote: my pc went run it and i am video game systemless right now so i am gonna hold up although the way PS4 and Xbox ones are dropping maybe sooner than later I love GT, but I also love Halo. So I am conflicted

If you haven't played The Last of Us that alone is a fantastic reason to snag a PS4. I massively prefer Forza to GT but that just gives me an excuse to snag an Xbone down the line.

Bearded.Bird
Bearded.Bird Reader
5/11/15 12:48 p.m.

I have it on pre-order for XB1. Impatiently waiting.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/11/15 1:04 p.m.

I am going to try Project CARS on my laptop tonight. I am borderline on the spec. (Better processor and memory, little below spec on video card.) Hopefully it will work. It runs Asetto Corsa and Autodesk Inventor without much gripe. I just have to keep the back elevated for heat.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/11/15 1:06 p.m.

I like GT better than Forza, but that is me just growing up with all the GTs. Forza is a beautiful game. To me they are about a draw. I haven't played TLoU. I will have to check it out. I am a Halo fan though.

Decisions...

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
5/12/15 11:02 a.m.

Some VERY early impressions:

The cars sound fantastic. I've played too many games where every car sounds like some kind of vacuum cleaner, it's refreshing to play a game where the cars sound like cars.

berkeley the karts. So twitchy.

The game looks great but looking great is pretty much expected these days. I haven't raced in the rain yet.

I've used one of the LMP1 cars, a kart, and a Focus RS. All handle VERY distinctively.

Bearded.Bird
Bearded.Bird Reader
5/12/15 2:06 p.m.

I was going to play it when it came out last night but I fell asleep. So as soon as I get home I will be playing. I have been thinking about it all day hoping no one would say anythin about on here. But at least its good news so far.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
5/12/15 5:10 p.m.

I'm really impressed by how different each car handles. The car roster is a bit thin, so anyone hoping for a new GT/Forza will likely be disappointed. I'm definitely liking it so far, I might even hop online once I get everything figured out.

fstbandit
fstbandit Reader
5/12/15 5:49 p.m.

I am finding it darn near impossible to play this game on a controller. I am on the Xbox and have only played this for maybe an hour and I have already found the "steering lock" bug. As much as I want to buy a wheel, not gonna happen right now. anyone else having these issues?

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
5/12/15 6:49 p.m.

I'm using a controller and so far, so good. I am on the PS4 though. I do want a wheel but it's not in the cards just now for me either.

For future reference, anyone know of any good, semi affordable wheels for the PS4?

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
5/13/15 12:07 a.m.

Good news! Apparently a patch is already in the works for us XBONERS to deal with the wonky handling and a few other issues.

I spent a frustrating hour this morning trying to get the karts to work, with no joy. I played around with a few other cars in the quick race mode and was much happier.

I think I'll try out a few of the steering setting fixes too, or maybe just put this on the back burner until the patch drops.

Bearded.Bird
Bearded.Bird Reader
5/13/15 7:12 a.m.

In reply to fstbandit: I have been having a probelm with the steering lock on the karts. Havent done much on the cars yet though. Driving with the controller is rather challenging but i got used to it after a few races and got faster and faster with it. Im rather impressed by it. But its good to know they are already working on a patch though. Its no forza/gt eliminator...yet. For the fact that its just not buit the same. The point it to race. Thats it. Not win money, not build up your car. Just race. I thought it would bother me a little bit, but that was until I got in the cockpit and saw he actually moves his feet(left foot braking and heel toe) and moves the shifter. Then i quickly got over it and realized that this is a drivers game.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
5/13/15 7:22 a.m.

I read a review, yesterday I think, that was comparing it's performance with different video cars.

Looks like there is going to be no way to run it in 5940x1080 at max settings. Even with a MONSTER video card/CPU setup. And apparently there is a problem with AMD based video cards degrading performance.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
388xJz9uvghrH6RGlb0hnd3c8LuxsI9y9eUD2XQuP37XUYs939i2ILxrYgxsBEUc