1 2 3
BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/14/18 4:49 p.m.

This is a single event on the PlayStation 4.

• Race time and date: Sunday 6/24, starting at 7:45 ET
  • Race Time: 2 hours and 25 minutes
  • Time progression: 10x
  • In game start Date and Time: June 17, 2016 @ 15:00
  • Weather (4 slots): Heavy Clouds > Light Rain > Medium Clouds > Light Clouds
  • Damage: Visible Only
  • Track: CIRCUIT DE 24 HEURES DU MANS (Modern)
  • Allowable Car classes: LMP2016 (DLC), GTE
  • 2 Sessions: Qualifying (45 Minutes), Race
  • No duplicate cars, you will need to register (I'm working on the form)

Reward: The highest finishing human in each class will be awarded 24 Points towards the next series.

BradLTL
6/14/18 4:59 p.m.

Any one a Google Forms expert and want to help me out with the form?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/14/18 7:50 p.m.

So can I be a gentleman driver in a Ferrari??

laugh

BradLTL
6/14/18 7:53 p.m.
dean1484 said:

So can I be a gentleman driver in a Ferrari??

laugh

There are like 22 to choose from. 

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/14/18 9:52 p.m.

Assuming nobody runs the slower (Fuji) Audis, there are only 6 cars available in the LMP class.  Many liveries available in GTE.

BradLTL
6/14/18 10:12 p.m.

I wouldn’t say the above is etched in stone yet. Is everyone good with the date? 

BatsonWorkshop
BatsonWorkshop New Reader
6/14/18 10:15 p.m.

Running some test laps now. I will likely stick to the GTE cars. Tested the audi r18 and im nowhere near good enough to get even a single "clean" lap where i didn't slam into a wall or spin out of my 8 test laps. Got in a ford gt gte and ran 7 laps with 6 being clean enough to not piss of the race director at s decent pace. 

Seeing which car i can put down the fastest times in 

BradLTL
6/15/18 6:51 a.m.

I ran a few laps in all of the LMP cars last night. They’re fast and you really need to know where you going or you’ll end up all over the place. There are more places to use KERS than you have charge, so that’ll add some extra challenge. They all drive a bit different, I suspect that you’ll be fastest in the car that Best suites you driving style. I had a favorite, but there was less than 10 seconds across the group with my fast lap being a 3:38. There is probably another 10 seconds to pick up with practice as well. 

Still need to test the GTE cars and have a go in the rain. 

We can use next Wednesday as a practice session. 

BatsonWorkshop
6/15/18 7:48 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

I abandoned the LMP1 cars and spent more time in the GTE class last night. Favorite so far is the Ford GT. 

So far tested the Ford GT, Corvette, and Aston Martin using the base Loose setup with changing to hard slicks and upping engine braking to 5 across the board. Was running under the date and conditions of Barcelona and the track temp was ~85°.

The Ford GT is very forgiving and handles the best out of the box and that is what I set my fastest time 4:12.040. Found that whether I was highly focused one lap or attention and breaking points started to slip for a lap my times did not suffer that greatly. 

The Aston Martin feels just as fast as the Ford GT on track but is much more touchy. Found being slightly off the racing line or pushing just a tad to much acceleration out of a corner I'd be wrestling the car to settle back to being stable and controllable. With clean laps I was only about a second off the pace of the Ford GT but clean laps were few and far between. 

The Corvette felt like I was driving a brick around the track. Feels heavy and sluggish but planted. I think it feels slower due to gearing. The ford GT seems to get into 6th gear quick in the long straights but once it hits ~170 acceleration slows and in the vette it takes a bit longer to get into 6th gear but acceleration stays pretty linear towards its top speed. Every lap I kept thinking there's no way this is going to be close to the Aston or GT's time. Lap times were only a couple tenths off from the GT.  Margin of error is greater than the Aston but not as large as the Ford GT. 

With track temps in the high 80°s on hards all 3 seemed to have similar tire performance across the 8-10 laps of testing. Rears would get up to temp, fronts were blueish teal for most of the open parts of the track getting up to temp in the last sector only to cool off again. Have to see under proper date conditions what track temps are how the tires wear. If track temps are below 100° it looks like I could get at least a whole tank of gas out of a set of hards at my pace. Didn't analyze fuel usage to see if one was superior to the others and havent tested them in the wet either. 

Plan to try the 911 RSR tonight, but likely will be sticking with the Ford GT for various reasons including that I just like the way it looks. It is the most controllable for me on its default setup but there is definitely time to be gained in all by fine tuning the setup. I'm just not very good at dialing in the cars to my driving style. 

BradLTL
6/15/18 8:10 a.m.

Ok, I've added a signup form to the OP.  When you are ready, you can select your car.  The form will eliminate already selected cars, keeping it a mystery of who is driving what until the day of the race.

Argo1
6/15/18 10:31 a.m.

Ran a 3:31 in the 919 but OMG is it a frantic lap.  I'm not sure that I could do it for two and a half hours.  Huge respect to the guys who do it for real.  And that 3:31 is more than 10 seconds off the leaderboards!

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/15/18 10:49 a.m.

I really want to do this, but I'm not sure if I can swing it. We have a 2 day autox that weekend and I don't think the wife will be a fan of me being gone all weekend and then immediately after getting home doing an online endurance race. I also don't know if I'll have enough energy and focus after being outside for 2 full days in 90*+ heat to do an endurance race. 

I'll be around for the testing and probably do some practice but am not going to claim a car yet. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/15/18 11:29 a.m.

I did a few laps in each of the LMP1 cars. I like that the 919 partially recharges its battery from the turbo so it can recharge a bit without braking. I liked the Toyota in that the KERS is AWD and there are blue lights on the steering wheel when the battery runs out making it the most intuitive for me as to when to stop pressing the KERS button. The Audi for me was the most relaxing.

I've only driven the 911 RSR so far for GTE cars and that was nice and easy to drive, but after driving the LMP1 cars seems slow.

Good idea on the form to keep it a mystery as to who has picked which car.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/15/18 1:51 p.m.

I'll probably be on tonight if anyone wants to mess around with these cars a bit. 

Argo1
6/15/18 2:19 p.m.

My vote is for a new race date. I have to work on the current day.

dean1484
6/15/18 2:42 p.m.

Going to try the Porsche  and the Ferrari first and go from there. 

dean1484
6/15/18 2:43 p.m.
e30Matt said:

I'll probably be on tonight if anyone wants to mess around with these cars a bit. 

Wedding to go to. Wish I could. 

Argo1
6/15/18 2:54 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

I may be on tonight.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/15/18 3:26 p.m.

I should be on a bit tonight as well.

dean1484
6/17/18 7:15 p.m.

So anyone going to be on tonight?  

BradLTL
6/17/18 7:27 p.m.

I’m a definite maybe. Either that or I’ll be watching the last bit of the real race or watching westworld. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/17/18 8:41 p.m.

I'm up for some testing tonight. I am tired thouigh, so it may be short lived for me tonight. 

BradLTL
6/17/18 8:53 p.m.

I’m not going to make it tonight.

Wednesday will be an extended test session with a short race. 

dean1484
6/18/18 7:35 a.m.

I was on but did not see anyone so did not fire up the game. 

BatsonWorkshop
6/18/18 9:07 a.m.

I will likely be on tonight. Still trying to work out which car i want to run. It's between the Ford GT and the 911. Also need to work out pit strategy between hards/softs/fuel and see at what point dry tires compromise times after the rain segment. Softs are significantly faster and actually stay at temp but have yet to see the break even point between faster times vs tire wear since I have yet to run more than 10 consecutive laps on either tire.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AuZI1wMNv0uZbzbe4Lul81En2KptYtXg1L948bDQfIKLfdtNm97K2heZBSb5QF6L