Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/6/19 12:15 p.m.

I haven't sim raced in a number of years but I used to be biggly into the Gran Turismo series.  I was given Project CARS a year or two ago, but it's crap with a controller.  I'm interested in picking up GT Sport, which means I need a PS4-compatible wheel.  My trusty dusty Driving Force Pro isn't any good past the PS3.  So:

Logitech G29 vs Thrustmaster T300

*go*

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/6/19 12:38 p.m.

I have a G29 I'd be willing to sell and ship to you. I also have a Ricmotech load cell kit for the brake pedal that could go with or not depending if you wanted it or not. I wouldn't want the load cell unless I had some sort of permanent setup. I doubt the pedal could just sit on the floor and not move when you applied the brakes witht he load cell.

I've not used a T300 so I can't compare the two.

I also have a G27 gathering dust, but it is not directly compatible with PS4.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/6/19 12:56 p.m.

I have a tilted foot pedal base that's part the homebuilt stand I have my old wheel mounted to.  I could figure some semipermanent form of attachment.

How much for the setup with the load cell, shipped to 19711?  You can PM me if you prefer.  Thanks!

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
12/6/19 1:05 p.m.

I had a G27 then purchased a G29. I think the logitech is more aesthetically pleasing and has more buttons then a T300. Only downside that I have had was getting it to work on a PC as they do not update the drivers. It also can work on a PS3 incase you want to go old school.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/6/19 2:21 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

PM sent. Would love to have you join our ongoing PS4 PC2 league.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/6/19 2:42 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Hrm.  Nothing received yet that I can find.  Please try sending direct to wil4ds(at)g(ee)mail.com. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/6/19 3:30 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Just sent.

Patientzero
Patientzero Reader
12/6/19 4:34 p.m.

Project Cars is crap even with a wheel.

I'm very happy with my Fanatec CSL Elite playing GT Sport but that isn't one you listed...

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/6/19 5:25 p.m.

In reply to Patientzero :

To each his own I guess.

GT Sport seems like a video game to me, while PC2 feels more like driving, but I know different people have different preferences  

I was watching some GT Sport youtube videos and It looks like there is no damage model? I found it really strange that the big question was whether a one stopper or a 2 stopper was a better strategy for a 20 min daily race. That alone makes me disinterested in that game. How in the world does a GT3 car not carry more than 20 minutes of fuel?What are the floating yellow arrows on the side of ths track? I’m guessing thay show the sector boundaries? Why are they floating?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/6/19 7:04 p.m.
T.J. said:

In reply to Duke :

Just sent.

Received. Very interested - let me talk to DW who I need to convince into getting it for me as a holiday present. Thanks!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/6/19 7:09 p.m.

I haven't really played anything since getting about 20% into GT5. I was very disappointed in the tire model in that so I never really went back. Plus I really didn't like the gameplay because of how the races were formatted. 

Nonetheless I have a lot of history with GT and I have a group of friends playing it, so that's where I figured I'd dip my toes back in. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/6/19 8:18 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Having a group is the key thing to making it fun. If you end up giving PC2 a try, we typically race every Wednesday. 

rico750sxi_2
rico750sxi_2 New Reader
12/6/19 10:52 p.m.
T.J. said:

In reply to Duke :

Having a group is the key thing to making it fun. If you end up giving PC2 a try, we typically race every Wednesday. 

Does anyone race PC2 on pc, I'm looking for a group. Thanks

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/9/19 8:47 a.m.

I lean toward Logitech based on brand history........I've never tried a TR wheel, they seem to have a sketchy reputation. 

That said, Fanatec > Logitech. But they don't sell their entry level stuff anymore. 

_
_ Dork
12/12/19 10:03 p.m.

G29 all day. Love mine for gts

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/20 8:54 a.m.

I run a G29 and before that a G27 on the ps3. Both have been great. No issues at all. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9yPsCrgVNhwFH1jSIzHRNgmJDwNkxAw2APxpap6KseU3VsJeQ1UEZY1kZjJ7jWaz