Mike924
Mike924 Reader
10/25/18 12:34 p.m.

As mentioned in my "Learn me I-Racing" thread here are some pictures from the League I run using rFactor.  

Some background : We run a 50 minute race every Wednesday night, during the summer our numbers a in the 5 to 10 range for the race, but in the Fall/Winter we get up to 15 racers.  The ability level of our group is pretty good, and the races are always good up front and in the back.  We do have random yellows to try and bring everyone back together, and pit strategy always seems to play a part.  Below are just 4 pictures from last nights race at Zandvoort with the DTM cars.  

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/25/18 6:09 p.m.

This is Rfactor and not Rfactor 2 right? Any thoughts on moving up to the newer version (2012)? Looks like fun.

Adam

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
10/26/18 7:28 a.m.

Right now most of the computers being used can run rFactor 2, my computer may struggle.  
It is how the car sets and track sets are created and locked down in the rFactor 2 that is causing us to stay with the first version.  It is more open to modders and creating our own models.  

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
3/29/19 12:58 p.m.

My rFactor group just finished running a 6 race series with the Aussie V8's.  it always brings some great close racing.  Here are some pictures from the last race.  

From here we are planning on running a series with early 60's F1 cars.  It should be fun.  

We are now normally getting 11 to 14 drivers per Wed. Race.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/4/19 11:00 a.m.

Looks like fun. I wish we could get 11-14 drivers for our PS4 Project Cars 2 league.

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
4/25/19 12:36 p.m.

From the Hairy V8's we moved to something that needs a bit more finesse and care to drive.  But they still take full concentration

The above picture is from our run at Mexico F1 track 1967 edition.  A hard track, very tricky and makes car setup essential.

The picture above is from our 1965 road trip to Spa.  Going through Eau Rouge.  

And here we are rounding corner 2 at Brands hatch.  

We get to a lot of different places and eras of cars.  The people who create the mods take a lot of time.  All these are updated from the F1Legends game.  Mostly we do 6 race series and then move to a different car mod.  We keep it low key, no tracking of points or anything.  We race for fun and well because it is fun!!.  LOL

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
2/12/20 8:28 a.m.

It's been a while since I posted in this thread.  We have still continued to run the rFactor.  This week we are back in the Aussie V8's ar Bathurst.  What a track.  I don't think it is one i would be comfortable driving in real life.  As it is we are bouncing off walls in the virtual car.  I will post pics after tonights 55 minute race. 

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
2/13/20 7:50 a.m.

Our Bathurst race is always close, hard and sometimes extreme racing.  Tough track and when running it for 50 minutes makes for some good pictures.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vbbGwRM6HVbRbhwUO82ejUAu4qUFCceAmZHjLGwPwMP3vqqtIgHA45kVetXPl8KX