SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
1/21/16 4:24 p.m.

I've discovered long plays on YouTube and found the original Shenmue on Dreamcast in HD.

That's all I've been watching the last few nights. I'm about 6 hours in.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP New Reader
1/21/16 4:43 p.m.

I too have had times were it was more entertaining to watch someone else play through a game than it was to actually play the game, especially at the frustrating points.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
1/22/16 7:11 a.m.

I've never watch someone else play for 6 hours before, but I've watched some crazy person(s) beat every Mario game as fast a possible. E36 M3s crazy. Then I watched some of the home brewed or the Mario Maker levels that are crazy insane, like I literally wouldn't last 2 seconds.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
1/22/16 7:48 a.m.

I've said the words in the thread title to myself before, but for different reasons.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
1/22/16 12:41 p.m.

I subscribed to MXR and The Mighty Gingles long long ago......MXR keeps track of mods for the Fallout/Elder Scrolls universes on a weekly basis, and Gingles is great for WarGaming stuff.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J HalfDork
1/22/16 11:45 p.m.

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/race-tech-tec-daytona-24-hours.html

Starts tomorrow at 9AM EST. 24 hours (12 stints) a live feed with commentary, and 12 different onboard views to choose from.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
1/25/16 10:44 a.m.

I watch a TON of gaming channels on YouTube. Sometimes when I am too lazy to play something, or I have no idea what to play, I toss one of these on. I give my seal of approval on the following:

-Cinemassacre: The Angry Video Game Nerd is on here. If you haven't seen that, well, watch them! I also like the James and Mike Mondays vids where they attempt to play classic games.

-Classic Game Room: The guy Mark that runs this channel has an El Camino. He has been around since before YouTube and has tons of content. He reviews all sorts of stuff, ranging from the ancient to the new. Great channel!

-The Game Chasers: It's like American Pickers, but for old video games, and with some irreverent humor added in. Funny stuff. Only gripe is that they kinda spoiled the "go out to the flea market and pick up valuable games on the cheap" for the rest of us collectors.

-MetalJesusRocks: Lame name, and the guy is a total nerd (he's a former Sierra On-Line employee) but it's a good channel. Lots of retro goodness here.

-The Game Historian: A guy with a legit History degree (and a former History teacher!) teaches about the history of gaming. Pretty cool stuff, and he's a member of Phi Alpha Theta, the National History Honor society, just like me!

-Arcade Impossible: This channel focuses on a guy that wanted to turn his basement into a fully functioning retro arcade, so he goes out and buys games on the cheap, fixes them up, and has all his buddies over to play them. Very GRM friendly.

A few of those channels do full playthroughs, so if your into that, check them out.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Mp7TQ6asaqekRvdmWNGUBpvrqjYE5mnSmdGvcPk8x66If5KYTKeWPkdN0DzAvPn2