1 ... 6 7 8 9
mrmudd583
mrmudd583 New Reader
6/13/15 12:00 a.m.
Argo1 wrote:
dean1484 wrote: I taught Mudd was looking at a 908.
Sauce has a 908. Mudd is in the Bentley.

Mudd will not be in the Bentley or any other car as I won't be able to make it.

I wish you all the best of luck , ok maybe not "all" but I won't mention names cough hack spool .

I'm pulling for the grae wall

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/13/15 12:12 a.m.
mrmudd583 wrote:
Argo1 wrote:
Mudd will not be in the Bentley or any other car as I won't be able to make it. I wish you all the best of luck , ok maybe not "all" but I won't mention names cough hack spool . I'm pulling for the grae wall

Sorry that you won't be with us.

Brad, the Bentley is available.

Graefin10
Graefin10 SuperDork
6/13/15 12:40 a.m.

Attention everyone still needing a car, the Pescarolo Courage Judd GV5 '04 is now available again. Some practice has revealed to me that my hands simply will not function for the time required. What would happen is I would have to park from time to time and I don't want to do that.

I asked my wife's son to co-drive with me alternating stints between fuel stops but as it turns out he's not going to be available. There would have been time to change seats at the fuel stops. That would have added an interesting element to my race as well as make it more likely that I could make it to the finish.

I'm glad Argo decided to host this event. I'm sure this will create a new exciting challenge for everyone.

I highly recommend this car that's now available so hopefully someone will use it.

Have fun everyone!

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/13/15 6:58 a.m.
Argo1 wrote:
mrmudd583 wrote:
Argo1 wrote:
Mudd will not be in the Bentley or any other car as I won't be able to make it. I wish you all the best of luck , ok maybe not "all" but I won't mention names cough hack spool . I'm pulling for the grae wall
Sorry that you won't be with us. Brad, the Bentley is available.

Sold. I'll take it.

The low end grunt on the R10 is difficult in the dry, I couldn't imagine how drenched in sweat I would be after a few laps in the wet.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
6/13/15 8:17 a.m.

How fitting for tonight's event, working the corner that is part of the replicated Porsche curves at NCM

photo C2F92CED-8B6B-4AAA-94D4-4984B38E708D_zpssisfswoi.jpg

BradLTL
6/13/15 2:55 p.m.

No last minute takers on the Nissan? They are showing soooo well IRL.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
6/13/15 6:19 p.m.

Just did a little rain test. I had no problems with 100% rain. The only issues I had was the complete lack of visibility in the night, pitch black at 200mph with no idea where the edge of the track is, is very difficult.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
6/13/15 7:50 p.m.

I'm not gonna make it tonight after all.

BradLTL
6/13/15 7:54 p.m.

Well the field attrition is similar to the actual race.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
6/13/15 8:01 p.m.

BradLTL
6/13/15 9:05 p.m.

Dean? We are about to start?

Argo1
6/13/15 11:28 p.m.

Dean, what the heck happened? You OK?

Argo1
6/13/15 11:33 p.m.

Great event. Would have been greater with more cars. Sauce and Brad got booted during the event so a mechanical DNF. Air gambled on rain and wet tires and the rains didn't come. He took fourth. Comp finished third. Spool and I duked it out with my having to slow up to avoid having to run another lap - which I did not have fuel for - while Spool was closing up behing me fast. I got the line first by .9 of a second.

Argo1
6/13/15 11:37 p.m.

Group agreed that next event will be the Bathurst 24.

BradLTL
6/14/15 6:45 a.m.

Yea, it's a bit unfortunate. We took a hit on the opening lap from comp (suspect a glitch), took engine damage and rear end damage. It cost us an early stop and put us about a minute 30 down to the rest of the field. From that point we just focused on running our pace and waiting for a yellow to close up the field. We were losing about a second a lap to the leader, but still were in it with good mileage to help close the gap in the latter stages of the race. Then in about half way through the race race we had a mechanical failure. The lobby disconnected and it was terminal.

(My best pit lane driver interview style)

BradLTL
6/14/15 6:52 a.m.
Argo1 wrote: Group agreed that next event will be the Bathurst 24.

Anyone interested in re-running the race without the competition yellow in the middle? And probably light damage?

The yellow closed up the field but it minimizes fuel economy and strategy by giving everyone a "free" pit stop for the final 9 laps.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
6/14/15 7:07 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL:

I don't recall having any contact with anyone in the race... Qualifying had an issue which damaged my rear suspension and engine when sauce had nowhere to go because I list it in front of him. But from my perspective the race was clean.

BradLTL
6/14/15 7:13 a.m.

In reply to Nick_Comstock:

Yea, I didn't think you even noticed. I think it was a bit of a glitch. You weren't in my mirror, and then you hit me and shot by without even slowing down.

I wasn't worried about it. As long I didn't go a lap down the yellow would allow me to catch up. Honestly it gave me clean track to run on.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
6/14/15 7:19 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL:

It must have been a glitch, when the real race ends I'll check the replay. I'm down to re run the race.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
6/14/15 8:34 a.m.

That was good fun! Super close finish as Argo had to go into fuel savings mode. I threw away a victory on lap 20 when I dropped a tire on the inside of one of the Porsche curves and spin center track. Luckily no damage, but that cost me about 10 seconds that lap. I had plenty of fuel and probably would have made it to the start line early enough to trigger another lap. Just like the real race, one small mistake changes your entire race!

That was so much fun, will certainly do another one.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
6/14/15 8:34 a.m.

My replay does show a little bit of contact when I was drafting past you. It's hard to imagine that much damage from it though. I should have followed you into the pits but I had no idea I caused you any damage.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/14/15 8:35 a.m.

Sick.

BradLTL
6/14/15 8:38 a.m.

In reply to Nick_Comstock:

Don't worry about it. It wasn't going to make or break my race. Damage on the rear is much easier to drive with than the front. I was slowed to DeltaWing pace.

I was looking forward to the second half shoot out. It's just a shame that Sony/PD didn't want me to participate. I think I could have made it without stopping.

dean1484
6/14/15 8:39 a.m.

Felt horrible. Figured I would rest for a couple hours and then race. Woke up at 9:00 felt worse. Rolled over just woke up now. Not sure about tonight. Probibly wait until noon to see what direction I am going.

dean1484
6/14/15 8:40 a.m.

Got the cold from hell. It has been working its way through our family.

1 ... 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IEqPn2ma2POT35fXyfNmclUR8MdHLXt8i8No4Rrv1BcT2HI2AHqMSkrlvCJpGte1