1 2 3 4
racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
1/6/14 4:03 p.m.

Yep, under 200hp, over 2200lbs, no aero other than stock items, and C425.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
1/6/14 6:25 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Last night was pretty... uh.. interesting. Think we still need to work on braking and being aware of brake zones. Towards the end, I could tell we were all getting pretty frustrated and tired. Or high?

I'll admit..yeah, the more I drink, the earlier I brake. Just trying to keep the car on the road. OTOH, I lock up the fronts and put the car off the road to avoid folks all the time. Honestly, only about half of my "offs" are idiocy. The other half is avoiding people, so that we don't get bodywork problems.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
1/6/14 10:23 p.m.

Hmm not to many candidates can get close to optimal power to weight... But I have a few working. Thanks for the challenge and I look forward to this. I hope I can hold my own.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
1/6/14 10:43 p.m.

By the way shoot me an invite pls. Gerry Axeman

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
1/6/14 11:51 p.m.

I made a boo boo... I was building for a 2000 minimum weight. Had to rebuild, and now what I thought was quick isn't quick enough.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
1/7/14 11:59 a.m.

Clarification pls... Under 200hp means less than 200hp OR less then and equal to 200hp. Same with weight?

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
1/7/14 12:09 p.m.

199 is max hp. That's because you can only set room restrictions in increments of 50hp. If you set the room to limit to 200hp it won't let you race if you have 200 on the nose.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
1/7/14 6:34 p.m.

In reply to moparman76_69:

That is good to know, I think I have a couple that are 200 on the dot that ill have to monkey with now...

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
1/8/14 12:00 a.m.

I have at least three cars that are 200hp that I run. It's when a car hits 200.5hp (which you can't ever tell until you try it in a lobby) that you run into problems.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
1/8/14 9:34 a.m.

Good stuff. I have about 5 candidates built and I am fiddling with. This is giving me a fun problem to deal with, I appreciate it. Trying to balance power vs handling, weight, traction, tire size, rwd, fwd etc etc... Very much fun. I think I have brurned about 500K in F4 money chasing cars and components. Anybody want to post some lap times at some of the possible venues for comparision sakes... I would like to know if I am even close. Is a 1:46 in the BMW CSL competitive?

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
1/8/14 12:19 p.m.

If you get your affinity level to 4 (pretty easy to do, even with a stock car), you won't have to pay for any parts but the wheels for cars in this series.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
1/8/14 12:22 p.m.

Fairly consistant 1:42's at Road Atlanta full. I've hit 1:40 in the big Healey, but that's not a consistant time for me LOL!

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
1/8/14 1:11 p.m.

I have work to do!

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
1/10/14 10:48 p.m.

I hope that this is on a day and time that I can race, and hope that I can bring in a couple teammates as well. Started a thread on my team's site to see if I can get some team interest here.

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
1/11/14 10:49 p.m.

I can fairly regularly dip into the high 1:40, low 1:41 range on Road Atlanta with a couple of my builds for this series. IIRC racerfink's record around there is in a car that's legal for the series with a time in the low 1:38's.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
1/12/14 5:43 p.m.
griffin729 wrote: I can fairly regularly dip into the high 1:40, low 1:41 range on Road Atlanta with a couple of my builds for this series. IIRC racerfink's record around there is in a car that's legal for the series with a time in the low 1:38's.

Dart & I were playing around last night with some stuff. Mostly low :42s at RdAtl, I think I hit a :41 and a half or so with the Supra (trying to make that the "all-around" car at the moment).

And if motor racing is the most "honest" sport in the world..I gotta admit, Racerfink's just faster than I am. But remember..the series won't be about running up your Forza stats, it's about "SCCA Racing: The Videogame!" Why run if you're not winning? Because racing is better than not racing! That :41.5 was a PB for me, IIRC. It was extremely satisfying. Getting better, and all that stuff.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
1/13/14 10:45 a.m.

I've got a fleet of cars ready for this. Looking forward to being online at the right time to run some laps with y'all.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
1/17/14 12:17 p.m.

For ITS Heavy (2800 pounds, 250 HP)

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
1/17/14 9:50 p.m.

Man. I've built about a dozen cars for the ITS lite and now there's heavy? I've got more testing and building to do hahaha

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
1/17/14 10:41 p.m.

ITS Heavy? OMG, I can build some odd stuff for that.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
1/24/14 6:23 p.m.

I'll be on around 7:30-8:00 pacific with my dual class lobby. C425 199 hp, 2200+ pounds/C425 200-250 hp 2800+ pounds.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
1/25/14 12:32 a.m.

^ Usually on real world North American tracks. Sebring, Seca, Infineon, Road Atlanta, Road America and every once in a while on Indy GP.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
1/25/14 12:38 p.m.

We're usually on Friday and/or Saturday. Right now it's lobby hosts choice for tracks....everything is informal and we run until our hands seize up LOL! When/if a formal series gets under way, things will be a bit more organized.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
1/25/14 1:17 p.m.

Farted around this morning and built a few cars that meet the requirements. Now for the fine tuning...

GSmith
GSmith Reader
1/26/14 3:35 p.m.

Ping me for the next round. I've built a Triumph TR3 that seems to meet the spec and has been fun to run against the computer... until I turned off the 'recommended line' for braking zones! That's costing me ~10 seconds a lap right now as I relearn and stop using that crutch.

Race transmission OK? Are we allowed to change gear ratios for different tracks?

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3cUihBVIqFmbE02h4N8tIriaHGOwM31iD6LCTth5Lw9dsLAFKFG6SeQneS5VqhAa