e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
9/8/16 10:39 p.m.

There have been many tunes posted over the time of the GT6 series for various cars and software updates, but given the age of the game and some of the threads this will serve as a bit of a HQ for tunes that some drivers are running if they feel inclined to share.

My first tune is the Ford Focus RS '02 for the proposed 480pp RH series

Suspension:

• 95/98
  • 4.49/4.53
  • 3/3
  • 3/3
  • 2/4
  • 0/0
  • -0.07/0.20

Racing brakes at 3/5

Transmission is full customizable, standard final drive and ratio set per track (162 is a good baseline)

Differential is at 12/30/5

Power is:

• Intake tuning
  • Sports compter
  • Semi-racing exhaust
  • Power limiter set to 96.7%
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/16 7:07 a.m.

Place holder

Do we want to add a new post for each car or do we edit our original post and keep adding tunes for cars.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
9/9/16 10:19 a.m.

Almost every single car throughout the history of the Gran Turismo series will run better with full bump and zero rebound (may be the other way around, it's been at least two years since I've played GT).

Edit- Found my post frim a few years ago.

Back during the "online" days of GT1, where you would save the replay and send it by e-mail through a DexDrive, one guy was VERY fast compared to all the rest of us. And his replays were something else. The car never put a tire wrong, and seemed to have LOTS of grip. As GT2 was getting ready to come out, he released his 'secret'. Max rebound, min. bump, and slammed down to the ground. Using his settings, I was able to run faster than he could at every track we ran on in our series. It wouldn't suprise me if it's still business as usual.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
9/9/16 11:48 a.m.
dean1484 wrote: Place holder Do we want to add a new post for each car or do we edit our original post and keep adding tunes for cars.

I would recommend a new post for each just to avoid confusion, it might be more difficult for people to tell where one starts and another ends if there isn't a standard format.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/16 6:01 p.m.
racerfink wrote: Almost every single car throughout the history of the Gran Turismo series will run better with full bump and zero rebound (may be the other way around, it's been at least two years since I've played GT). Edit- Found my post frim a few years ago. Back during the "online" days of GT1, where you would save the replay and send it by e-mail through a DexDrive, one guy was VERY fast compared to all the rest of us. And his replays were something else. The car never put a tire wrong, and seemed to have LOTS of grip. As GT2 was getting ready to come out, he released his 'secret'. Max rebound, min. bump, and slammed down to the ground. Using his settings, I was able to run faster than he could at every track we ran on in our series. It wouldn't suprise me if it's still business as usual.

This was definitely true up until the big update a while back in GT6 that changed virtually all the handling specs and rendered many of my older tunes useless. I had a couple cars that I did that basic tune to and it was like driving on velcro. I almost wonder if it was a default setting that the programmers put in for testing purposes that they forgot to take out. If you try it now the cars are all but undrivable.

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
10/11/16 7:52 a.m.

In reply to dean1484:

Yeah I remember having a few cars I had setup nice how I liked them, then I didn't play for a few months, came back and suddenly those cars didn't do much other than slide everywhere. Still trying to sort out my AAR Cuda.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/11/16 12:03 p.m.

One of the best Quick Fixes we discovered for the old Muscle cars is to simulate the stick axle (which they really should have already) by setting the rear toe to zero. I believe we ran our Muscle Car series like that, all stock suspension except for setting the rear toe to zero which did a good job of simulating the real cars (not really the "best" setup of course).

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
10/12/16 8:56 p.m.

I usually set 0 toe and camber on all my stick axle cars. On that I looked up what sort of camber nascar teams get with their goofy rear axles and ended up with like -1.6 degrees the rear. The front was like -4 degrees. Looked goofy as hell but before the update it handled pretty good.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oYkDCgpzYPZC1PFXxtK5SMBom6ssj16Y9QoUdNSdWiDmFZp3rYuE8piCgYPAqwXu