Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
3/16/14 3:45 p.m.

A group of my American TORA friends are looking at starting a Forza race league, as TORA's British base makes it hard for Americans to race there other than GT cars on weekends.

I'll play a large role in getting it up and running, as I have a few years' experience at this within TORA, but work and family will keep me from actually competing much for the time being.

The focus will be based on fun: SCCA and LeMons style racing, ranging through the ABCs classes for the most part.

I'm posting this here to gauge interest, as we're looking to get full lobbies, hopefully enough to get two 12 car lobbies going before long. And we'd love to help sanction some GRM series as well: ITB, IROC 79, etc, as they are in line with our target.

This can only happen with some support, so who would we be able to count on?

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
3/16/14 5:11 p.m.

Count me in....but I'm still limited on what time and for how long.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
3/16/14 6:00 p.m.

We'd be looking at a 6PM Pacific/9PM Eastern timeslot on Mondays and Thursdays, with a race meeting lasting about 60-90 minutes, with Qualifying, a 10-15 minute Sprint and 20-30 minute Feature all within that time frame.

This is the format I've been using in the TORA Series that I host on Fridays, and its been fairly consistent at getting done in less than 90 minutes despite lobby delays caused by "International Connection Issues", which should be minimized on our American league site.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
3/16/14 9:54 p.m.

In.. Those times are perfect for me

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
3/17/14 1:42 a.m.

Among the series that would be featured would be Vintage Trans Am (based on 1970 SCCA TA) and Vintage GT (based on GTU of the late60s/early70s)

chrispy
chrispy Reader
3/17/14 8:23 a.m.

I'm interested.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
3/19/14 1:42 a.m.

We are still very early on in planning this. After a little discussion, we've decided to hold off on Mondays (BBCA Top Gear) and do two races on Thursdays, one for Britain (Vintage GT) at 8PM BST/3P Eastern/12N Pacific, and Vintage Trans Am at 9P Eastern/6P Pacific.

As far as a site, we're also thinking about running it through our Allied Forces Racing [Ax4x] site. You wouldn't have to join the team itself, just sign up on our forums.

I'll have more info after we get the site's Racing Series section set up. Looking at a mid April-to-early May launch.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
3/21/14 7:31 p.m.

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/c5-ax4x-club-racing

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
3/23/14 2:02 p.m.

For our initial series, we have a poll open on site: Vintage (1970) Trans am, or IROC 79.

Vote for what we race, then come join us for some serious fun!

These two series seem to be tailor made for GRM, as is the timeslot. Hope to see you guys jump in.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
3/25/14 9:43 p.m.

How did I miss this? Damn work. I will sign up tomorrow

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
3/26/14 9:34 a.m.

As soon as we have enough people, we will get the schedule set up.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5ZGZvIpNbY3IhoxWoQFOnSadaaNCwEHVVXwZ0CVGrojWszHv7TEbbjCkf35hcYR3