1 2 3
trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
5/19/15 12:26 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote:
failboat wrote:
SilverFleet wrote: Option B is to grab a Wii and mod it! I did it to both my consoles, and it RULES. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Main_Page
Thank you Thank you Thank you. We got a wii but other than playing with it for a couple weeks, it pretty much has sat in the box collecting dust. I figure its not worth much of anything for trade in, but this seems like a good idea to tinker around with.
Anyone who has a Wii and DOESN'T mod it is missing out! It's very easy to do, and it makes it so much better. Still can't get N64 games to work on a reliable emulator, but I did get some MAME games to run on a ported MAME emulator. It does tend to crash a lot running MAME, though, and not everything works. And if I didn't mention it before, YES, you can play regular Wii games afterwards. I popped in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword a few days ago, and it worked fine on my modded Wii.

Have you gotten Gamecube em to work?

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
5/19/15 1:20 p.m.

In reply to trigun7469:

I haven't tried because the Wii plays Gamecube games anyway. I have pretty much all the Gamecube games in physical format that I'd want.

The emulators I have on mine are for the following systems:

-Atari 2600

-Atari 7800

-NES

-SNES

-N64 (does not work well)

-Game Boy

-Game Boy Color

-Game Boy Advance

-Sega SG1000

-Sega Master System

-Sega Game Gear

-Sega Genesis/Mega Drive

-Sega CD

-Turbografx 16/PC Engine

-MAME (plays some arcade games, like TMNT and The Simpsons)

I am working on getting Intellivision, Atari 5200, and Colecovision on there as well.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
5/20/15 7:42 a.m.

My wife even is excited about this idea. Just need to get an appropriate SD card and reader and I should be up and running in a couple days, already own lego indiana jones. Mostly interested in the NES and SNES stuff I had as a kid so I can subject my nephew and daughter to them when they get a little older. Downloaded a bunch of roms last night.

Bummer N64 doesnt work well, that Mario Kart on N64 was arguably the best one.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
6/3/15 1:42 p.m.

I soft modded my Wii, where do I get the roms for NES and SNES?

failboat
failboat UltraDork
6/4/15 1:20 a.m.

not sure if its forum friendly so PM sent.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
6/4/15 12:33 p.m.

Since this is basically a Modded Wii thread now, my Wii learned how to emulate a ColecoVision yesterday.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vF5UfGm8KA6rCjiCkqlAmrz5fowDbf2tKD1gBaARAmjkuaL1i1d5VWhA2zjGQICK