trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
1/8/18 3:05 p.m.

I was all excited, I purchased VR, Gran Turismo, and a Logitech G29. After playing with the VR, you have to take a dramamine. After a few minutes I felt motion sickness. It is cool, but I didn't find a huge benefit it is actually easier to see without it. It does glitch sometimes, it needs some updated software. GT Sport, not a bad game, (same as the rest of the GT) but it has to save to the Ps4 server which is down most of the time. It's hard to move foward. I was really disappointed in the G29, I think the G27 is much better. The brakes for the G29 feel like you are pressing the X-button on your PS4 controller and the force feed back is really weak. So far Project cars has been the best game I played, but I had it rigged up with my G27.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/8/18 3:25 p.m.

There is the fact, that they generally don't tell you, that a certain percentage of the population (15%?) cannot handle VR and will always get sick.  Certainly something you want try before you buy.  The concept of VR for car racing or flight sims has HUGE potential to improve them though.

The VR implementation in GT is really weak anyway. It can ONLY be used in a specific one vs one format.  The PC versions (e.g. Project Cars) seem to be far more promising.  I don't know if they will every, or even can, implement VR for multi-car, multi-participant racing on the PS4.  I was pretty excited about it also until I learned about the weak implementation (don't know if they will ever implement it in PC2)

I think the G29 brake issue is more of a GT issue then the wheel.  I tried GTS with my G27 with no ABS and the brakes are ridiculously sensitive.  With PC2 it is MUCH better.  Way easier to modulate the brakes, with the bonus of it having an in-game brake pressure setting.

Hey, if you are free on Wednesday nights (~6:30 Pacific time), you should stop by for the PC series Brad is running (you will need to get Brad to invite you to the room).  We are about to start a new series (probably Formula Junior, or Clio cup cars).  Both cars are pretty mellow to drive compared to some of the cars you can drive in PC2, so it should be fun.  Leave a note in the PC thread, or message me on Wednesday and I will get Brad to invite you.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/8/18 6:55 p.m.

I’ll happily send an invite. Glad to have another person in the series. 

Edit:  This week is a fun week. We’ll be trying our hand at Rallycross and maybe try an oval track in Indy cars. 

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
1/9/18 7:51 a.m.

Message sent about the Pc Series

I am going to try these recommendations see if they help

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sGKYkz3eoEeDyFaDGhuRpyCUbZSMpazhL4weoCkdMEIj0OAoElgIoPKIjJvuMD3r