failboat
failboat SuperDork
12/27/13 7:35 a.m.

I am sure some other non-racing games will warrant their own thread, but heres one for all the others.

I was about as excited for The Last of Us as I was for GT6.

So I fired it up last night and played for a couple hours. First impressions: The graphics and lighting are some of the best I have seen on a console. The voice acting is very good. So far the story is good but I am not that far in.

edit: Darn it. I missed a golden opportunity to call this thread "Can we please stop talking about other games?"

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/27/13 8:19 a.m.

Downloading PayDay2 tonight. The first was fun, hoping 2 is as well!

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/27/13 8:29 a.m.

For whatever reason, I've been stuck on my cell phone playing Hill Climb Racing. I also really like Prison Architect for my laptop- though it's only in alpha and almost completely broken. I had been playing GTAV for Xbox ( as many know) but its so broken right now it's hard to play.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
12/27/13 9:24 a.m.

I've been playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Since I was a huge fan of LTTP, ALBW was a requirement for my collection. My wife bought it for me for Chrimbus, and I've since put about 30 hours into it. Almost done with the game, but I'll be playing it through a few more times.

beans
beans HalfDork
12/27/13 10:54 a.m.

I really want to pick up "the last of us" just to play when my faaaa-jaaaaaa and I are schmammered and want cheap entertainment without pissing the momtaxi off.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
12/27/13 10:57 a.m.

Shift 2, iRacing, CoD Ghosts.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
12/28/13 12:33 a.m.

Civilization V... best way to lose track of entire days I have found that is both legal and ethical .

Test Drive Eve of Destruction... retro X Box (pre 360) gen. Figure 8, demo derbies, school bus racing... like Lucas Oil on the Edge, but more fun.

Sim City 4... retro PC game. Sorta like Civ, except that barbarians don't come along and annoy everyone.

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
12/28/13 12:41 a.m.

Samurai siege on the phone, it's like clash of clans, build a base and attack.

Pretty much only gt6 and a little gta5 on ps3, but the wife sometimes plays final fantasy 13 and niño kuni, though not so much after her mom passed away ( the game is about a kid trying to bring his mom back to life so it hits home a bit too hard now)

Minecraft on PC but used to do some diablo 3, mech warrior online, Star Trek online when I had a little more free time.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/28/13 6:18 p.m.

Various iterations of COD. Skyrim when i can get it away from mt daughter.

MCarp22
MCarp22 HalfDork
12/28/13 8:09 p.m.

I've been playing a bunch of War Thunder, it's a free to play flight sim. Spans 1930-1950 dogfighting.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
12/28/13 9:22 p.m.

Just started COD Ghosts on the PS4. Really kinda digging the use of Riley

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
12/28/13 9:29 p.m.

I'm highly addicted to Hill Climb Racing, but I've been playing Forza 5 and Battlefield 4.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/28/13 11:30 p.m.

PayDay2 is berkleying hard. More missions though.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/28/13 11:32 p.m.

In reply to Flyin Mikey J: Test drive EOD is amazing. Love that game.

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
12/28/13 11:52 p.m.
MCarp22 wrote: I've been playing a bunch of War Thunder, it's a free to play flight sim. Spans 1930-1950 dogfighting.

Oooo looks cool, more details?

Powar
Powar SuperDork
12/30/13 8:35 a.m.

I'm still stuck on GTAV and GT6.

t25torx
t25torx Reader
12/30/13 11:07 a.m.

My son got Minecraft for x-mas, I have stolen it for my own personal use, it's so addictive.

calteg
calteg Reader
12/30/13 11:34 a.m.

bouncing between GTAV, and replaying Last of Us on survivor mode. The story on Last of Us is flat out amazing.

I've been trying to get into Shadow of the Colossus, but it requires a level of patience that I don't think I possess

failboat
failboat SuperDork
12/30/13 12:12 p.m.

I am about 35% through Last of Us on Normal. I SUCK at stealth type games. So far I can stealth kill like 1 guy, then everyone else sees me, and its a gunfight till I run out of ammo (because I have berkeleying terrible aim) then its a fistfight.

Ill probably play it again when i finish it, to try and do a little better.

MCarp22
MCarp22 HalfDork
12/30/13 4:20 p.m.
Rufledt wrote:
MCarp22 wrote: I've been playing a bunch of War Thunder, it's a free to play flight sim. Spans 1930-1950 dogfighting.
Oooo looks cool, more details?

Here's the steam page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236390/

There's variety in the game modes, from relaxed physics arcade mode with reloads and respawns, to full realism mode. I prefer to fly in the "realistic" battles mode where you have to land at the runway to reload. There's tons of cool planes to pick from.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
soBwWpIJP0XnkJv8v10UzNBevSswMU06NSfNrtMVyeFEuGO4AJfxyDwMEvZX3Dvm