sesto elemento
sesto elemento Dork
11/1/15 4:40 p.m.

Im getting ready to pull the trigger on a new system, i think i might do both a ps4 and a x box so it'd be cool if the wheel setup worked with both. If i only do one system I'll likely do an I want realism but dont want to spend a fortune. What sayith the hive mind?

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 SuperDork
11/1/15 4:59 p.m.

If you want to go to only one system, it depends on what you're going to play more. Much of it may depend on which exclusive console games you like the most, however there aren't that many anymore. I'm not sure about now, but last year and two years ago, I did see that online competition on Call of Duty was better on the XBox vs. the Playstation.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento Dork
11/1/15 10:43 p.m.

Im not back and forth about the systems, its the steering wheel/pedal/shifter stuff that im looking into. If that works with both great!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/1/15 11:28 p.m.

I really like my g27 but I am sure there are better ones out there now.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
11/2/15 9:55 a.m.

In reply to sesto elemento:

Last I checked, the only one that works with all the current platforms is the Fanatec(a LOT of money) The g29 works with the ps4, and the g920 is the xbox one version of the g29. I know nothing about the madcatz & others, but the protocols are still different between the two game systems.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/2/15 4:35 p.m.

If I have to purchase a new wheel when we go to the PS4 I am going to be really annoyed with Sony.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 SuperDork
11/2/15 5:08 p.m.

I never wanted to buy a steering wheel for the racing games, mostly because of price, so I don't know anything about which ones to avoid.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
11/2/15 5:29 p.m.

In reply to dean1484:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Logitech-G27-G25-and-PS4/td-p/45056869

By the sounds of it, you'll have to buy something to make your g27 work on the ps4. Ps4 to Xbox however doesn't work easily.

failboat
failboat UberDork
11/6/15 3:45 p.m.

I got a Fanatec (~$300)a year before the next gen consoles came out. Its not compatible with them of course but works on 360, ps3, and pc. It's something like $700-900 to get me setup with a next gen compatible Fanatec. Oh but the pedals and shifter I already have will work. Gee thanks, I guess.

I'll probably build a new PC before going to a next gen console. Most new games I want to play are on PC also and my wheel will not need to be replaced. It's a Fanatec csr with csr elite pedals. I love it

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ndBBjOX3RbCfNj0GS0FnAM85NaWEJd6mUMaCTs7QS9u9Ooj5NOVc9s5t3ef0ybqy