NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/23/14 10:40 p.m.

So how many of you are one? I broke down and figured why the hell not and get one. I'm a playstation man but respect the Xbone. I'll be getting a PS4 later anyway for Project CARS. I was getting crazy bored of GT6 and missed FM4. Anyone play Forza 5?

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
3/23/14 11:43 p.m.

I broke down and bought one today as well.
Spent all afternoon playing Titanfall, will jump into F5 soon
(enjoyed all the others, why not this one?)

Gamertag: SnowMongoose13

NickF40
3/24/14 12:12 a.m.

Yeah I need to play that, looking forward to it. Got it downloaded, so may play it later today. And I love F5, it is a huge step up from all the others, not just a glorified 4. There are some tracks missing but that's because they wanted to redo some of them, since some tracks had old renderings and then put them in as dlc. Nurb should be in soon as long with cars. You'll have to buy a lot of dlc but that's because they are doing the same with the cars as they are with the tracks. Sucks there may be no porsche pack anymore though

Gamertag: Nick05LGTW

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
3/24/14 11:46 a.m.

In reply to NickF40:

I'll buy an xbox one sometime down the road......still have the new LCE FM5 sitting here.

I am saddened to hear that there aren't leaderboards in FM5 though.

eastpark
eastpark Reader
3/24/14 11:57 a.m.

Did anyone else read the title as X Boners?
I thought it was going to be a viagara ad or something...

NickF40
3/24/14 12:04 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to NickF40: I'll buy an xbox one sometime down the road......still have the new LCE FM5 sitting here. I am saddened to hear that there aren't leaderboards in FM5 though.

I saw leaderboards, although it's weird how you rank on them.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
3/24/14 2:09 p.m.

In reply to NickF40:

Oh, IDK for sure, its just been hearsay from friends who come back to play FM4, GTA, and World of Tanks with me.....Titanfall is berkeleying up the servers in a big way though.

NickF40
3/24/14 6:17 p.m.

Coming from FM4, you think it is more bare with tracks and car selection but you also got to remember, they are redoing tracks and adding more and different cars than FM4. Titanfall is screwing with the servers big time i've noticed.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
3/24/14 7:51 p.m.
eastpark wrote: Did anyone else read the title as X Boners? I thought it was going to be a viagara ad or something...

An old friend had an xbox live name of "bigb1r" (big boner). When we would play online, people would call him BigBird and he would get sooooo pissed that no one got the joke lol

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
3/25/14 9:26 p.m.

Finally got around to playing Forza.
Holy E36 M3 that's difficult.

So far on my normal settings from the other Forza games, I'm not even good enough to win the first race.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Dork
3/25/14 9:41 p.m.

I hop on Forza 5 every once in awhile, my preference lately seems to be GTA or Borderlands 2.

Gamertag: drivesideways46

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
3/25/14 10:00 p.m.

Been playing Forza 5. More battlefield lately because we've got one more person that needs to get FM. In fact I just got off. XB Handle is the same as my handle on here. Feel free to add me.

I roll with only SMS on. I believe difficulty set to hard.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
3/25/14 10:16 p.m.
NickF40 wrote:
yamaha wrote: In reply to NickF40: I'll buy an xbox one sometime down the road......still have the new LCE FM5 sitting here. I am saddened to hear that there aren't leaderboards in FM5 though.
I saw leaderboards, although it's weird how you rank on them.

Hot lap times. All clean laps beat dirty.

There is also Rivals Mode which is what is really good at wasting your day away. On FM4, yself and another GRMer spent a lot of time drift battling each other.

NickF40
3/25/14 11:48 p.m.

I noticed just like before, the stock controller deadzones are set berkeleying way off! I had a hard time doing good at first but changed that and boom, competitive. I play with everything off, simulation steering, manual, and I think I have it set to expert because pro is a little too much for me now and unbeatable is, at least for me, just that.

I think I already added you guys. And N Sperlo, yeah, I can forsee myself doing that here soon haha

Spool, I wish this thread happened a few days ago before I sent out for a custom plate

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
3/26/14 9:52 a.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

I spent alot of time climbing the FM4 leaderboards to end up top-1000 in multiple classes overall. Not bad for someone refusing to run a "spec leaderboard car"

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
3/27/14 12:21 a.m.

Yeah, I'm berkeleying awful at this game.

Seriously considering getting my $600 back from Costco, I'm not liking going to bed angry every night.

NickF40
3/27/14 7:34 p.m.

I noticed it definetly takes some concentration. It took my a full championship and some online and free races to get in the swing of things. It's addicting as hell now.

barrowcadbury
barrowcadbury Reader
3/28/14 2:24 p.m.

I've been on FM5 for a couple months. Xbox tag is barrowcadbury - feel free to add me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ycpixwlo40B6FGYcWDBXW9JeBTnVIJ1jnZQb4TRppdq4eWZkZD8iP0gYz6X173MI