zeeguy
zeeguy New Reader
8/10/13 7:22 p.m.

I have a 1982 Honda Shadow 750cc V-4 eng. It has been sitting in my garage for the last 3 years and now it has to go. Put a new battery in it and it turns over but it didn't start. Prob. needs the carbs cleaned and maybe the fuel tank. I got this bike in exchange for some work I did with plans of riding it .......but that never happened. Have a clear Florida tittle and need the room. So if someone needs this more then me make me a reasonable offer and you will prob. own it. (I have over $2000.00 of work invested in the job but know I won't get that) It is shaft drive, factory alloy wheels, black in color. Bike will need a little going through but will be a nice ride when finished. If you want pics e-mail me at zeeguy@hotmail.com and I will send them to you This bike would also be good if you have a wrecked one and need a front end,frame,wheels, etc.

zeeguy
zeeguy New Reader
12/17/13 9:04 p.m.

Forgot I had this advertised here !!! Any interest in a un project? Open to all offers or maybe even interesting trade zeeguy@hotmail.com

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/18/13 5:34 a.m.

If it's anything like a Magna, those carbs are a bitch to do. Wish you weren't in Miami.

Blitzed306
Blitzed306 Reader
12/18/13 6:52 a.m.

Getting the carbs off the first time is a bitch

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
12/18/13 8:24 a.m.

Shadow is a V2, If you've a V4, it's a Magna.

Check that VIN and post it, many can help you identify the bike then.

zeeguy
zeeguy New Reader
12/18/13 10:44 a.m.

In reply to foxtrapper:

It's a V4

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/18/13 11:26 a.m.

Magna was a V-4, came in 750 and 1000cc (45 & 65 cu. in.)

The Sabre of that wintage was a V-4.

VF stands for V Four.

Became a cruiser in the 90s.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
12/18/13 2:58 p.m.

Magna's quite a bit quicker than a Shadow.

If the bike is in decent shape overall, and not high mileage, it'll be worth your while to clean the carbs and get it running. But reinstalling the four Magna carburetors is a very unpleasant job. Much worse than removing them, which isn't fun either.

Take some pictures and put it up here and on some of the other bike forums. Shouldn't be a hard bike to sell.

redrabbit
redrabbit Reader
12/19/13 7:37 p.m.

1983 was first year for Shadow. It was a V twin. I had one. Good running bike.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5lFk8loBHmfwjpUMCD2rP0RLnou9VZ7eBVCUmaBtzhXv8e1bAb2MBwlacjdYVtWO