Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
3/31/09 10:06 p.m.

Here's the famous bike scene from arguably the most famous anime movie in North America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNGj-AjRQKI

BAMF
BAMF New Reader
3/31/09 10:07 p.m.

"Maybe after you down your first clown"

Seriously though, I still want to know what "twin ceramic rotor drive" actually is.

xci_ed6
xci_ed6 Reader
3/31/09 11:02 p.m.

gas turbine with ceramic wheels?

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork
3/31/09 11:57 p.m.

Nope they are all electric bikes no idea how that works

problemaddict
problemaddict Reader
4/1/09 6:27 a.m.

neat forum for Akira PowerBike info:

http://blackjoe.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=e297dad1abfe28e8bc0c8223a29bd3cc

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
4/5/09 9:33 p.m.
BAMF wrote: "Maybe after you down your first clown" Seriously though, I still want to know what "twin ceramic rotor drive" actually is.

Well, maybe it is an electric drive with a Mazda rotary engine stuck in there powering a generator. Um, and the rotors are made of ceramic for some reason. And it's a two-rotor engine.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
4/5/09 9:36 p.m.

I'm sorry, but that was the strangest movie I've ever seen. I've never seen a movie that gave me consistent nightmares that I didn't even understand. The Japanese are SO WEIRD when it comes to movies.

But holy Christmas can they design cool motorcycles!

Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
4/6/09 1:17 a.m.

The movie did end weird. (but so did 2001). I needed to figure it out. So I read the "phone books." Longer, with more info, but no help on what the hell was going on.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/7/09 11:26 a.m.

The first time I saw Akira it was an untranslated VHS copy. I still thought it was awesome.

therex
therex SuperDork
4/7/09 7:26 p.m.

KANEDAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork
4/7/09 8:00 p.m.

It's a movie you have to watch more than once. I still get something that I didn't get before when I rewatch it. Though I still don't get it completely.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XHA0aKlDSrvbYOKvKQLQrPJ0x9Lmy88pyGU3Na2jKcIpiad4j1bdhD1iCxHoUS4Q