Mental
Mental SuperDork
5/1/09 12:53 p.m.

Tom, I f I am breaking the rules I am sorry. Its not mine, I am really just looking to start a conversation on big 6 bikes;

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/mcy/1144063246.html

Gonzo_Bmod
Gonzo_Bmod New Reader
5/1/09 1:02 p.m.

That sure looks like a nice piece of history. Nice to see one in what looks like original shape. These bikes sound awesome. Looks like the Comstar wheels are in good shape too. Where is Owaso?

Who else made sixes other than Honda and Benelli? My Dad had a Benelli 750 Sei for a while. I think the CBX is a nicer looking bike than the Sei.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill HalfDork
5/1/09 1:54 p.m.

The CBXs were very cheap for a long time. I guess this isn't a bad price of a piece of history. Condition looks quite good.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x Dork
5/1/09 2:25 p.m.

That's a gorgeous CBX. Go sit on one before you buy. That bank of 6 cylinders isn't light.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
5/1/09 3:05 p.m.

I have passed on a few in this area, and I know I will regret it.

eastpark
eastpark New Reader
5/1/09 4:16 p.m.
Gonzo_Bmod wrote: Who else made sixes other than Honda and Benelli? My Dad had a Benelli 750 Sei for a while. I think the CBX is a nicer looking bike than the Sei.

Kawasaki made the KZ1300 as well. I'd love to have either one.

stroker
stroker New Reader
5/1/09 6:28 p.m.

If you'd ever heard a CBX with a 6 into 1 you'd want one forever. What an exhaust note... Worth having just for that.

Woody
Woody Dork
5/1/09 8:22 p.m.

I've actually seen a bunch of CBX's around here and there are a surprising number of them in near perfect condition.

Hasbro
Hasbro HalfDork
5/2/09 4:34 a.m.

I had one. Sure was pretty and sounded sweet. Handled pretty poorly but still loved it. Was making a living wagering on horses and would use it to hit several tracks in a short time. Was dating a jockey so she could also ride several different tracks. Digressing but fun, fun, fun. Still alive somehow...

ManofFewWords
ManofFewWords Reader
5/2/09 4:28 p.m.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/1144711561.html

benelli six

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
5/3/09 7:18 p.m.

Wow. A 6 cylinder Benelli. I remember those.

4g63t
4g63t Reader
5/3/09 10:12 p.m.

The happiest day in my motorcycling life is when I sold my CBX.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
5/4/09 3:43 p.m.
eastpark wrote:
Gonzo_Bmod wrote: Who else made sixes other than Honda and Benelli? My Dad had a Benelli 750 Sei for a while. I think the CBX is a nicer looking bike than the Sei.

Kawasaki made the KZ1300 as well. I'd love to have either one.

One of my riding buddies has one. He has had it since new, this is a picture (if it works) of him back in the day;

ManofFewWords
ManofFewWords Reader
5/4/09 7:56 p.m.
Mental wrote:
eastpark wrote:
Gonzo_Bmod wrote: Who else made sixes other than Honda and Benelli? My Dad had a Benelli 750 Sei for a while. I think the CBX is a nicer looking bike than the Sei.

Kawasaki made the KZ1300 as well. I'd love to have either one.

One of my riding buddies has one. He has had it since new, this is a picture (if it works) of him back in the day;

</blockquote

How has he evaded Darwinism so long?

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork
5/4/09 9:19 p.m.

I found one on CL about a year ago, 1500 bucks with under 9000 miles, and clean!!! Sold in like 1 hour, was posted on ebay 2 hours later and sold there for upwards of 10k

Mental
Mental SuperDork
5/5/09 11:35 a.m.
ManofFewWords wrote:
Mental wrote: One of my riding buddies has one. He has had it since new, this is a picture (if it works) of him back in the day; </blockquote How has he evaded Darwinism so long?

Don't let this pic fool you. His is actually a smart rider and great guy. He is a harcore Iron butt guy and racks up thousand of miles each year. Even at 62, it is quite a challenge ot keep up with him on his FJ1300, and this is before he gets his ZX14, or Ducati 1098. He still gets popped for speeding quite often, but simply pulling off his helmet puts LEOs in a better mood when they realize he isn't a young punk.

Our Preferred Partners
sL4vbBdnzSqVu7rOm3juxvFYaaTs6ObIMjIbDwiciVo0h3SIUMEu6jdKDB7Ye6eG