NBraun
NBraun GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/22/17 8:22 p.m.

Figured I may as well post it up here, since I have it on a  couple of motorcycle specific forums.

It's a 1978 gs750 frame. I bought this bike for the engine, so I had to find a use for a titled frame, and all the other parts I've amassed.

It has a swingarm/monoshock from a late 80's zx600, and I just picked up a front end from an 09 ex650. I'm throwing around the idea of putting a full fairing on it too.

As for the engine side of things. I have  a basket case 750 motor that I tore apart in high school. I'm trying to decide if i should try and put it back together, or find a different engine to swap into it. Well see.

Here are some pictures.

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/23/17 12:15 a.m.

Looks like the kind of I-already-had-the-parts awesome/bad idea project I would pursue! Hearty encouragement and following with interest...:)

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/23/17 2:32 a.m.

Bitsa bike for sure. Awesome. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
10/23/17 8:42 a.m.

Shouldn't be that hard to find a GS750 gas tank, and it will save you a lot of effort in trying to make the Kawasaki tank fit.  That monoshock conversion is interesting.

ahutson03
ahutson03 Reader
10/23/17 1:24 p.m.

Ooh I've always wanted to build a Wes Cooley style vintage racer.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
10/23/17 5:43 p.m.
ahutson03 said:

Ooh I've always wanted to build a Wes Cooley style vintage racer.

I have a Wes Cooley street bike, along with an original '82 Katana.  smiley  I haven't checked recently but I think you can still get reproduction Wes Cooley / GS1000S fairings.

NBraun
NBraun GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/23/17 5:58 p.m.

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/suzuz/GS10001979-80.htm#price

It appears so!

Having any pictures of the street bike? I really wanted to do something similar with my first bike but ended up going a different route.

As for the tank, I would have preferred to use a Suzuki tank, but the PO decided to cut all the tank mounts off, so i'm going to have to do a bunch of work anyways, may as well use the tank I have.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SI9YhWIYgEfORuVdRWf8KpCEMaF0vCXGpvTVo5kCXggNGCvDQSzecjcLKGcFUGJI