markwemple
markwemple UberDork
6/20/18 1:58 p.m.
Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/20/18 2:05 p.m.

Can't sell their stupid overpriced motorcycles anymore, so they're trying their hand at a stupid overpriced bicycle, eh?

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
6/20/18 2:06 p.m.

Quoted for truth:

In classic Harley-Davidson fashion, this newest model is loaded with outdated technology and doesn't come close to what its competitors offer for a fraction of the price.

I have a bunch of bikes that cost more (either by me personally, or when they were new), but they are considerably higher performance bikes.  Definitely paying (a LOT) extra for the name.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
6/20/18 2:08 p.m.
Tom_Spangler said:

Can't sell their stupid overpriced motorcycles anymore, so they're trying their hand at a stupid overpriced bicycle, eh?

BMW and Ducati do the same thing. At least Harley has a history of building bicycles.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
6/20/18 2:14 p.m.

Probably not going to make enough noise....

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
6/20/18 2:24 p.m.

I built a couple of the GT Harley Davidson bikes back in the late 90's. They were also very expensive but there was more to them than the latest one shown above. They were full fendered high quality bikes with very nice retro paint jobs and were very well packed. They were a few thousand dollars back then.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
6/20/18 2:55 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

At least when Mercedes did it back in the 90's, they used one of the most advanced bikes of the era (Amp Research) as the base model.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/24/18 12:54 p.m.

Think of the amount of baseball cards you'll use in the spokes.

"Loud wheels save lives!"

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
e3yxwvivPetp5me6oOBvpVRwe42SqB3jkYQDdPlQufu3KxjlaVP5xdtOOgK6gNGn