stroker
stroker New Reader
4/7/09 3:00 p.m.

Anyone have one? They're on sale for about $70 and I'm wondering if they're worth it...

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/7/09 6:45 p.m.

I borrowed one from a friend. It seemed well made, but I didn't use it for its intended purpose, though. It was perfect for changing the transfer case on my Jeep.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
4/7/09 7:51 p.m.
Woody wrote: I borrowed one from a friend. It seemed well made, but I didn't use it for its intended purpose, though. It was perfect for changing the transfer case on my Jeep.

I've wondered about using them as a transmission jack. Good to hear I'm not the only one.

Josh
Josh Reader
4/7/09 8:02 p.m.

I used one of these from Pepboys when I changed my clutch in the Miata, it worked great. It looks identical to the one HF sells. I actually bought it for the bike but it was not set up very well for that purpose, it wouldn't sit flat and balanced on it no matter what I did.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/7/09 8:20 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
Woody wrote: I borrowed one from a friend. It seemed well made, but I didn't use it for its intended purpose, though. It was perfect for changing the transfer case on my Jeep.
I've wondered about using them as a transmission jack. Good to hear I'm not the only one.

I just bridged the gap with a square of plywood.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
4/8/09 11:57 a.m.

they've been recommended by a bunch of folks for installing Porsche/VW engines and transmissions....

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/14/09 2:22 p.m.

I used mine to put the 4AGE into the MR2. And I change the oil on the bike and quad. My daughter also likes to go for rides on it. Up, Up, Up, look dad Im tall! Down!

Taiden
Taiden New Reader
4/27/09 10:07 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: I used mine to put the 4AGE into the MR2. And I change the oil on the bike and quad. My daughter also likes to go for rides on it. Up, Up, Up, look dad Im tall! Down!

Daughters aren't the only ones to do that. I'm still guilty.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wgKf6mBBLl2RHzjnrlVGeD1OH6MGS1lEvK2zFrJ3CVCcVkrZoBCi62UrG9t1DKOE