pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
4/14/09 2:33 p.m.

Yes, it is a factory Chopper. But is looks great, actually rides really well, and will start and ride reliably for years to come. It has been compared to the Prowler, but IMO that failed because it had a V6 and an automatic...not what hot rodders wanted. This has a V-twin and you shift it yourself, what the target demographic (uh, that would be me) want. Discuss.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury HalfDork
4/14/09 2:35 p.m.

could use less chrome, and less seat...do that and it FTW! Still one of the coolest looking factory "custom" wannabes (that coincidentally looks comfortable, will handle, and wont leave you stranded )Ive seen in quite some time.

In short, looks pretty decent and liveable

Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
4/14/09 7:54 p.m.

Remember when Honda made nice comfy standards?

Josh
Josh HalfDork
4/14/09 8:49 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Remember when Honda made nice comfy standards?

I sure do! Just rebuilt the seat with some hi-density memory foam and a new cover to make it even more comfy today :).

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
4/15/09 5:27 a.m.

Took them long enough to get into the game. With this model, they are the last one in to the pot of factory choppers. Suzuki had one almost identical to this over a decade ago. Yamaha's had them since the 80's.

The Fury looks pretty in this picture, and really only in this picture. In others, the huge oil cooler is highly visible, and the god awful retro-geek-tech dashboard is a "tron" like thing perched on top of the handlebars.

914Driver
914Driver Dork
4/15/09 5:52 a.m.

...and costs 10% of a Tuttle bike.

4g63t
4g63t Reader
4/15/09 8:20 a.m.
914Driver wrote: ...and costs 10% of a Tuttle bike.

And isn't a rattletrap piece of E36M3!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
4/15/09 8:47 a.m.
Josh wrote: Just rebuilt the seat with some hi-density memory foam and a new cover to make it even more comfy today :).

I need to do the same, badly. Apparently, 28 years of use has worn out my foam!!

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy New Reader
4/15/09 8:51 a.m.

Looks WAAAAY better than the RUNE.

ManofFewWords
ManofFewWords Reader
4/15/09 10:19 p.m.

YAAAAWWWNNN. Factory custom is an oxymoron

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
4/22/09 3:31 p.m.

Factory Custom sure, but not Factory Chopper.

Our Preferred Partners
7wrd1pElhuhAfrK2tMzieMOu3ej8ortBQC5veRq5YBrMHufrRLFsRqAykSvOK5qT