wherethefmi
wherethefmi Dork
6/19/09 9:37 p.m.

Ok so this would get paid off in 3 months while I'm deployed, but I need to jump on it now then store it for the duration, how would you convince the wife?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/1228493862.html

minimac
minimac Dork
6/20/09 8:21 a.m.

You don't. Better to wait until you get back and then go shopping with the $$$. There will always be a deal to be had, if you've got the cash on the spot.

billy3esq
billy3esq Dork
6/20/09 8:41 a.m.

^ What he said.

And keep your head down.

wherethefmi
wherethefmi Dork
6/20/09 9:49 a.m.

Damn you guys suck LOL

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports HalfDork
6/20/09 11:28 a.m.

I'm a huge fan of buying with cash so I have to agree with what's already been said.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/20/09 11:42 a.m.

Why buy it now? It'll do nothing but sit while you are gone and you'll pay interest on the money you use to buy it. As minimac said, when you have cash, good deals are easier to find.

And thank you for doing what you do! It is much appreciated.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
6/22/09 4:16 p.m.

Yeah, its not that great a deal, if it was, we'd so tell ya to do it. For the cash you could get a nice SV 650, specially after you get back. Yes that one is new, but Hyosung doesn't hold their value right now. Good bikes, but since they are so affordable new, resale is squat.

wherethefmi
wherethefmi Dork
6/22/09 8:12 p.m.

It's funny you mention resale, I recently sold my Hyosung gt250 for 3000. It was a year old retails for 3500ish, paid 2900 for it plus almost 1200 in rebates. Soooo I made out like a bandit on that bike. Selling it I made 800 on it after payments, and insurance.

Yeah that doesn't mean squat with this bike, I've decided to wait till I get back, there are VFRs that I'd rather get!!! Or Vstroms, or.............

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wj83DqoErznutAxYiNzStpDeeP75KwUDNA12SDGHRPXKhJhqsuQROYqRSFGVsHFy