David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/3/16 6:49 p.m.

Of course it is.

I'm always looking for cool bikes for the Pit Bike section of the magazine, so please hook me up. How? Easy. Send me one or two high-res photos plus some info about the bike. What is it, what did you do to it, and why does it make you happy?

I'm at david@grassrootsmotorsports.com.

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
9/3/16 9:38 p.m.

I'm might take you up on it with my E36 M3ty ass Honda hawk GT. It is a blast and it has cost me very little. Plus it sounds great.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
9/5/16 3:06 p.m.

I'm not sure if a 48 year old Yamaha U5E Newport is cool to anyone else but I dig it. Cleaned up and fresh off a terrifying 42mph 5mi test run!

Ready for pit duty at AER Summit Point if I don't just ride the big pig down "arrive and drive" style.

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
9/5/16 3:39 p.m.

How about a 1973 scrambler? It's been running around the paddock at road america for a few years with a few different owners.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/5/16 5:12 p.m.

How about Bicycles?

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/5/16 6:00 p.m.

In reply to oldtin:

Love that bike! I had its little brother, a CL175 in the same color, for a few years. I was fixing it up to ride around campus, but then graduated college before I was done screwing around with it. Used it as a dirt bike at my parents place for a summer or two, then traded it for some Camaro parts.

Burrito
Burrito Dork
9/5/16 7:30 p.m.

Pit Bike AND Stuck on You.

MulletTruck
MulletTruck New Reader
9/6/16 5:37 p.m.

I like the performance of the modern sportbikes and the good brakes but loathe the seating position so I make them fit me a bit better

Naked 1999 Hayabusa with an R6 tail and GSXR1000 mufflers

Naked 2006 GSXR600

Streetfighter 1989 GSXR750

And my Current a 1999 Bandit 1200

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
9/6/16 8:26 p.m.

I guess my 916 is a dime a dozen and my stock 71 ct90 lacks sex appeal as do my zx6s.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
9/9/16 10:28 a.m.

Hmm, I might have the rarest motorcycle here.....lol

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YiqJCqkhIlNsKwI11zJybjcwlQ2PDREN4zJrZthleGwqi1g7YP8beJUSTyS0OyzF