JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
12/11/18 4:21 p.m.

Looks to me like an early '80s Italjet 350T. Missing the bodywork, "does not run".

Anybody smart on these?

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/11/18 4:32 p.m.

WOW, hit me right in the memories. I had almost that exact bike. Mine was a 85? I think. Green and all. I bought it to get into motorcycle trials and promptly upgraded into a newer stroker Gas Gas. My bike missing all the cladding running and riding well sold for $1200....

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
12/11/18 6:52 p.m.
Professor_Brap said:

My bike missing all the cladding running and riding well sold for $1200....

Yes, but how many years ago was that?  

Today, a 33 year old trials bike is not going to be competitive so it should be considered only as a play bike.  Considering this one is missing all the bodywork (replacements will be tough to find) and is not running (which could mean anything from a bad spark plug to a totally trashed engine) it's basically a parts bike and should be priced as such.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
12/11/18 7:26 p.m.

All you need is

Hogan's Cycle Shop  1782 Main St, Agawam, MA 01001

Phone(413) 786-9170

Bob the owner is a great guy and knows odd ball bikes like Italiajets he was / is also a hell of a racer as is his wife.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
12/11/18 7:54 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn:

Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but that looks like it could be bodywork tucked against the wall under the engine.

44dwarf - Thanks, I may have to give him a buzz, even if I don't wind up with it.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/12/18 9:36 a.m.
stuart in mn said:
Professor_Brap said:

My bike missing all the cladding running and riding well sold for $1200....

Yes, but how many years ago was that?  

Today, a 33 year old trials bike is not going to be competitive so it should be considered only as a play bike.  Considering this one is missing all the bodywork (replacements will be tough to find) and is not running (which could mean anything from a bad spark plug to a totally trashed engine) it's basically a parts bike and should be priced as such.

7 years ago. 

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish Reader
12/13/18 8:37 a.m.

That one is missing a lot more than just body work.  Even if part of the front fender is in that pile, the other pieces of it are still attached to the fork.  Flywheel and sprocket covers can be a real hassle to track down.  Can't tell for sure, but it looks like the carb, throttle and cable are missing.  It looks like a parts bike to me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BDprDINGx1WCycrjV2D65aysfzLr82ZPRCXH5kKCCyTKHikEH5JXoAYuJk2znHuQ