1 2 3
EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/4/09 8:43 p.m.

I don't have any pictures of mine but it is a Gary Fisher mountain bike frame that I built into a single speed with parts from ebay. I will take a picture later and post it up.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
2/4/09 9:02 p.m.

No no no no no.

Sprockets in a Motor-Cycle place, I have begged for this since 2005. So you take your silly pastime and fantastic exercise over to Off -Topic. We burn dead dinosours here!

EvanB
2/4/09 10:27 p.m.

Hey I posted my motorcycles up...bicycles have sprockets too

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/5/09 6:29 a.m.

Wait a minute Mentard... It 2004

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
2/5/09 6:50 a.m.

OK....I'll take pics when I get home in 9 hrs

Bike 1 is a Fuji Sagres single speed possibly getting a flip flop hub. My 1st adventure into the land of skinny tires

Bike 2 is a Cannondale F400...beaten, raced, crashed, flipped, scared for life

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
2/5/09 7:10 a.m.

2001 Schwinn moab 2 Xt rear lx front avid brakes..
judy shox.. old school but light as hell.

wifes bike she bought it because it was purple and had sparkles on it

Both for sale cheap :-(

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/5/09 8:21 a.m.

Scott CR1

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
2/5/09 9:36 a.m.

that scott is hot

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/5/09 10:14 a.m.

Thanks! It is a rocketship compared to my old Cannondale. I just need winter to be over so I can start getting out again.

And yes, it gets cold here in Florida. 21 degrees this morning!

SkinnyG
SkinnyG New Reader
2/5/09 11:54 a.m.

Impossible to ride uphill, redesign on the way.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
2/5/09 12:16 p.m.
ignorant wrote: 2001 Schwinn moab 2Both for sale cheap :-(

I have the same year moab2 disc, but mine is all stock except for a new seat post (stripped mine off a jump) (and yellow)

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
2/5/09 12:21 p.m.

I have a 2003 model Koni Stinky..... mildly modified. I'll try to get pics.

EvanB
2/5/09 2:33 p.m.

Ok here is a bad picture of mine in street mode. I am thinking about tearing it down again and painting the frame olive or khaki drab.

Also for the bike gurus - my forks have some play at the headtube, could that be from not enough spacers or something else? I think I have the right amount of spacers on it.

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
2/5/09 2:47 p.m.

Photobucket

Since this picture was taken, the only difference is that my seat is about 3" higher now. "One of these days" I'm going to get clipless pedals; I don't like riding alongside 50 mph traffic in the rain when my feet slide all over the place.

Carson
Carson HalfDork
2/5/09 6:31 p.m.
EvanB wrote: Also for the bike gurus - my forks have some play at the headtube, could that be from not enough spacers or something else? I think I have the right amount of spacers on it.

It could be from not enough spacers, but most likely it is just a loose headset. What you'll need to do is loosen the two pinch bolts on the stem attaching it to the steer tube of the fork, they should be 5mm allen bolts on that Gary Fisher. Then, tighten the 5mm headset cap bolt on the top of the fork until the play is gone. You don't want this too tight, just tight enough to remove the play. To check for play, grab the front brake lever, applying the brakes and rock the bike front to back. Once the play is gone, straighten your handle bars and tighten the stem bolts.

I'm the head mechanic at a local bike shop. I have a ton of bikes but absolutely no pictures of any of them. haha.

captainzib
captainzib Reader
2/5/09 6:35 p.m.

xci_ed6
xci_ed6 New Reader
2/5/09 7:22 p.m.

Trek 4500

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Reader
2/5/09 10:20 p.m.

Here ya go:

1993 Univega Carbolite M7.3. XT/LX group, Now packing a vintage set of Answer ProForx LT's and Ringle blue anodized hotness. This pic is pre-suspension and anno goodies:

1980s Fiori Modena. Lugged chromoly frame, Scott TX-4 aero bars.

Late 1980's Diamondback Topanga (wife's bike) AVR True Temper frame, 300LX group, modern Rock Shox Judy TT forks.

I also have a 2002 Norco Wolverine with 2000 Marzocchi Flylite 100's and I just bought a NOS 1988 Offroad Pro-Am frame, still in the original box, never been built into a bike.

Shawn

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
2/5/09 10:48 p.m.
xci_ed6 wrote: Trek 4500

Should I ask why your bicycle is on the roof of a building?

jpod999
jpod999 Reader
2/6/09 12:13 a.m.

Posted this up in the other thread. I don't think that was appreciated .

'08 or '09 "Dawes" SST. 46/16 gearing, pretty good for all around riding. I absolutely LOVE riding fixed. Six months ago I didn't think I'd ever be able to go more than a week without driving the E30, now I only drive it to get home from college and when I am at home. I have four friends that ride fixed too and we go on rides pretty much everyday.

Here's some of me riding. This is with the old bars.

Trackstands are fun.

Messing up a friends picture.

xci_ed6
xci_ed6 New Reader
2/6/09 4:01 p.m.
MitchellC wrote: Should I ask why your bicycle is on the roof of a building?

My parents house is a berm house, it's less than a foot from the ground to the roof in the back. I figured it would be a neat place for a picture.

Stargazer
Stargazer HalfDork
2/10/09 9:48 a.m.

1x1 ftw

jpod999
jpod999 Reader
2/10/09 12:12 p.m.

Going uphill must be awesome on that bike.

Scott Lear
Scott Lear Club Editor
2/10/09 2:28 p.m.

Mine's an Electra Townie; Ashley has a similar bike in pearl blue. I was helpless against the satin black finish and blacked-out hardware.

Ashley's:

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar New Reader
2/10/09 8:55 p.m.

The green one is my wife's Ross Barracuda. It's an early '70's model. I think it's a '73. It has a Shimano 333 internal hub 3-speed with twist grip shifter.

The black one is my '67 Schwinn Sting Ray Fastback. It's a '67 frame with '70-73 shifter, '70-up handlebars, and '72-up fenders. It has a Sturmey Archer internal 3-speed hub.

-Rob

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7xXr5dCdjMfx4clTORwySTkFzagphO5cr07loehHYNkckiEgdfEVYu5bJQdLrmgq