1 2 3 4
tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
3/17/15 8:38 a.m.

I love reading, but my lunch times are mostly made up of running errands. Home Depot today. I don't think anyone wants pictures of that.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
3/17/15 8:46 a.m.

In reply to tuna55:

You never know until you try ;) On the way and back look around. Smell the air. Take a different way. There will be one thing that catches your eye as interesting somewhere. Post it up!

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
3/17/15 8:57 a.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

One of the curses of working for a big company is that there are only huge megaroads around.

I did see a Miata with one sidepipe once that was fairly interesting.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
3/17/15 10:14 a.m.

I'll try this:

Capture

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
3/17/15 10:35 a.m.

Fair weather rider here. Yesterday started cool(40) but ended awesome so I rode in on last years gas. That 74 felt awesome.

3/17/15 10:46 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: Fair weather rider here. Yesterday started cool(40*) but ended awesome so I rode in on last years gas. That 74* felt awesome.

And here I thought 48F was "fair" weather yesterday. I can't wait until the sun feels warm on my skin/all-black-gear. It's 48 and raining today. We are looking at cold and snow/sleet/fr for the next 3-4 days. Ugh. Old man winter needs to just die already.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
3/17/15 10:54 a.m.

same here.... yesterday 74, sunny. Today, 48 and partly sunny. tonight's low puts us back below freezing again. Yesterday was my ONE DAY to ride! If the bike didn't have anything sb-50 degrees so bad (carb'd Honda)I would invest in some colder weather gear. But since it refuses to run for crap at sub- temps, I'm not bothering.

Now if I can get a new bike........

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/15 11:58 a.m.

Today is 82 and sunny. I've been running the A/C for the last 4 days. I'm almost ready for winter again.

I should have shot a picture of the St P day parade I saw in the middle of the college campus. I got distracted by the...floats, yeah that was it, the floats. The short shorts had nothing to do with my distraction.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
3/17/15 8:48 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: You guys know this thread is supposed to be collaborative, right? Somebody post a pic beside me, today, huh?

I ride to and from work. I don't get to go anywhere on lunch Supposed to thunderstorm tomorrow, I'm not sure if I'm going to ride.

3/17/15 9:48 p.m.

I hear a lot of excuses. Quitter talk. Shut your dirty whore mouths and take some pics. You can lie and say there was a motorcycle involved to qualify for a Sprockets entry. Here is a stupid barn. It was on the way home. About 4 months ago. No one knows. This is entertainments.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/20/15 2:30 p.m.

At lunch today I took a ride out by the lake to the end of the road where the road crews practice striping and teens practice stripping.

Grabbed a Five guys burger on the way back.

3/20/15 2:50 p.m.

Excellent. Got any more pics of the Honda? It looks like it's in fantastic shape.

I shoveled 5" of fresh snow off the deck on my lunch today. Maybe I'll take pics of my bike parked in the garage because it's there until atleast Sunday at this point.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/20/15 3:14 p.m.

Build thread: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/cb750-cafe-ricer/98749/page1/

Petrolburner
Petrolburner HalfDork
3/20/15 4:27 p.m.

I said berkeley work and went riding the other day. Dirt was awesome. Then it started to rain and it became PERFECT!

3/21/15 8:13 a.m.

Now we are getting somewhere. I just rode the snowblower a couple hundred feet and am seriously jealous of your rainbow. Keep it comin'.

I should have some decent bike and "on foot" contributions next week - weather is looking good and I'm wheels up and southbound for the back half of the week.

3/21/15 8:14 a.m.

In reply to bgkast:

I just read the whole build. Very nice. I sat here with a drink and looked CL up and down for an early 70's 750. Luckily... there aren't any to be had around here in "Come and get it" pricing at this time ;)

Toyman01
3/23/15 6:17 p.m.

I want to play. I'm certain I was riding something with a sprocket, might have been a timing chain rather than a drive chain, but I say that counts, doesn't it?

This was last Friday. I had a service call at a place called The Tides. The only big hotel that is beach front in the Charleston area unless you are uber-rich.

I'm not a beach person but I took a cruise down the beach while I was out there. It was cloudy, drizzly and fairly cool so I figured it would be deserted. Wrong.

All those little dots are surfers. Not sure what they were surfing but they were out in droves.

Quite a few beach walkers too.

Sorry, no cool pictures of my sprockets.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
3/23/15 6:56 p.m.

I got a shot from work the other day, it was raining so I had my high tech, water tight top box on No lunch tripping for me yet.

3/23/15 7:23 p.m.

Sweet! Activity.

I'm wheels-up for GA this week. I'm coming to steal some weather to bring home. I will rent a bicycle so I can qualify to post pics

Toyman01
3/26/15 6:33 p.m.

I had a slow afternoon, so after being cooped up in the office doing paperwork all morning, I escaped for a couple of hours.

Today's stop was the Magnolia Cemetery. 130 acres and dating back to the 1850s. This is a private, non denominational, cemetery. I'm going to have to go back on a weekend and spend some more time in it.

Once section is a Confederate cemetery.

Cool mausoleum.

Also buried here are the three crews that died in the Confederate submarine the H.L. Hunley.

This is the third and final crew. Their bodies were recovered with the sub. It would take a brave soul to climb in a sub that had already killed two crews.

Within a stones throw of Magnolia are three other historical cemeteries. I'm going to have to set aside a day to go down there and wander.

http://www.magnoliacemetery.net/

If you ever make it to Charleston SC, it's worth the visit and not far from downtown.

3/31/15 6:16 p.m.

I was thinking about motorcycles the whole time. So it counts (and it's my berkeleyin' thread!)

One day I went to a fort on a nearby island...

Then a lighthouse nearby:

And a beach:

Then, to a different island:

Then, halfway back to the hotel I popped into:

To see this:

Toyman01
3/31/15 7:31 p.m.

Cool!

That's about 1.5 hours south of me. Nice area for the most part. Hilton Head and Bluffton can get a little crowded in the summer but it's a pretty nice area.

3/31/15 7:48 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01:

I was very impressed with the natural beauty and cleanliness of the entire area. Even the grittier parts of downtown Savannah were "kept". People either don't litter or someone cleans the place up constantly. And whomever it was 300 years ago who thought it was a fantastic idea to decorate the place with oak saplings was a genius. Even small low country towns have hardwood canopies.

I didn't have much time to be anything but a tourist and I only had the rental car for the weekend so I blitzed the whole area from just main roads really.

I need to explore SC more. I need to return with a motorcycle and a tent!

Toyman01
3/31/15 9:06 p.m.

Pretty much the whole state is like that if you get away from the Myrtle Beach area. The historical towns near the coast are all canopied by live oaks and spanish moss. I won't say they are all spotless, but as a general rule they are fairly tidy. The rural roads are the ones that drive me up the wall, that and the national forest. The "country boys" do so love to throw their beer cans and McDonalds bags just about everywhere.

One of my favorite coastal pictures. This is Botany Bay Rd. on Edisto Island, about 3 miles from my parents house. The road has been paved since this was taken and it just isn't the same.

If you get down this way with some time, give me a shout. I'm pretty sure I still owe you a beer or three.

edizzle89
edizzle89 Reader
4/2/15 11:48 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote: One of my favorite coastal pictures. This is Botany Bay Rd. on Edisto Island, about 3 miles from my parents house. The road has been paved since this was taken and it just isn't the same.

went on a family trip to edisto island this last summer, hated having to leave it

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NjALbn1P8KOwI4Wu5C7a9H9llU7RM0RVgKKvNnT4FXL8eP1g4B1u76wX2mcyJ3RL