rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
9/20/16 1:23 p.m.

IMG_2147

2017 Redline PL-26. 26" wheels, Redline Flights, flip flop rear hub.

Wife picked it up last week, but didn't give it to me until late last night. Can't wait to get some feet (as opposed to miles) on her. Hopefully, it'll push me to get back in shape so I'm more comfortable on my 20" Mosh, too.

While it looks good as is, I'm still planning on some customization. I want some red ODI grips, a new padded seat in red, red brake cable and some red Rad Caps. While I like the retro-ish factory stickers, I was planning on a little older Redline set. Problem is, the stickers seem to be under the clear coat. Doh!!

She rides nice. Big enough that I don't feel like a circus bear on a clown bike but with the right geometry to be pitchable like a BMX bike. Basically, I feel like I'm riding it as opposed to riding ON it.

-Rob

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
9/21/16 8:55 a.m.

That is awesome. I love Redline. I used to have one and a Hutch back in the mid-1980's.

I have never seen a 26" BMX in person, but would love to try one. I have a 24" and a 26" jump bike that I keep playing with the idea of putting on a rigid fork.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
9/24/16 7:40 p.m.

Nice looking ride! The pedals are even right!

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/25/16 8:45 a.m.

In reply to rob_lewis:

That's sweet!

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
9/25/16 12:25 p.m.

Been riding it a while. Not every day because I need a day to recover!! Ugh, I'm shocked at how out of shape I am. Haven't started changing out parts, yet, but the first on my list is a bigger rear freewheel. Right now it's a 39/17 and it's pounding on my thighs and knees to get going. I'm thinking about a 39/18 or even 39/19 if I can find a 19 easily. But, it's a flip flop hub, so as I build back up my strength I can go back to the 39/17.

Still loving the bike, though!

-Rob

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k7GqfeNOc4Q7Sfxi8ByY6XI3kDVC5KrpYCdOslX8LnEZ8nN3rS3cwkmy87uu7L7k