1 2
knb13
knb13 New Reader
6/15/09 3:35 p.m.

After searching for the right one, I finally found it. Picked it up on friday and have been loving it ever since. Going slow and getting the feel for it- MSF course is scheduled in 2 weeks. Both wheels are staying firmly planted on the ground for a long time.

2002 Honda CBR600 F4i 16,000 miles

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork
6/15/09 3:38 p.m.

Nice bike, respect that throttle!!! Yeah it's a 600 but it's still capable of hyper velocity. Be especially careful of the throttle when leaned over, you will break the rear loose and if you're not ready for it, well I'll just say ouch. Otherwise it's a bullet proof bike, that handles like a dream. Damn you for showing me that lol.

PHeller
PHeller HalfDork
6/15/09 9:27 p.m.

Who took those awesome rolling shots?

Oh yea...me.

knb13
knb13 New Reader
6/15/09 10:07 p.m.

ha ha yea credit due to PHeller for the rolling shots... more to come I'm sure. You take great shots man.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
6/16/09 8:25 a.m.

Are you new to riding?

thats a touchy bike for a newbie

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/16/09 9:49 a.m.

Odds are that you will get a very similar bike at the MSF course. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

knb13
knb13 New Reader
6/16/09 10:12 a.m.

I am new to riding street bikes.

hmm the bikes at the MSF look a little different than this one.

Opus
Opus Dork
6/16/09 12:11 p.m.

Respect the throttle. My first bike was a 600F2 that I crashed with in 8 hours of pulling off the lot. I was following a car through a curvy section and got Target fixation on their rear bumper. When they pulled off onto the shoulder to let me pass, I followed and proceed to high side at slow speed. Damaged the front and left side fairings to the tune of 1500. I still have the left fairing on my wall as a reminder.

Enjoy the ride and keep the rubber side down.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Reader
6/16/09 12:35 p.m.

Glad to see someone else on a rocket, despite all the OH NOES YOU WILL DIE!!!!1one1! guys on the forum.

Congrats and just remember to keep the loose nut behind the handlebars tight.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
6/16/09 2:17 p.m.

I'm not anti-rocket by any means.... but at 30 I prefer to sit more upright.

I'm also sure I would have hurt myself on a CBR......probably over backwords

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork
6/16/09 2:40 p.m.

I suggest taking the msf course on the bikes they have, unless you're super comfortable on yours at parking lot speeds. the box for over 250cc is bigger.

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork

I

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork

hate.

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork
6/16/09 2:41 p.m.

when this.

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork
6/16/09 2:41 p.m.

Happens

Appleseed
Appleseed HalfDork
6/16/09 3:09 p.m.

He really suggests taking the msf course on the bikes they have...

Good to see your wearing safety equipment. Squids suck.

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork
6/16/09 5:09 p.m.

damn double posts.

bamalama
bamalama Reader
6/16/09 5:51 p.m.
wherethefmi wrote: damn double posts.

quintuple?

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork
6/16/09 7:05 p.m.

Damn my opera mini didn't show me all 5, only 2 dang.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 New Reader
6/17/09 9:13 a.m.

My wife has the exact same bike, down to the color. Get used to people telling you that you have a headlight out. ;)

She got the rearsets and some other stuff powdercoated black to match the frame and it really makes it look better. Didn't cost much at all.

knb13
knb13 New Reader
6/17/09 10:11 a.m.
Rusnak_322 wrote: My wife has the exact same bike, down to the color. Get used to people telling you that you have a headlight out. ;) She got the rearsets and some other stuff powdercoated black to match the frame and it really makes it look better. Didn't cost much at all.

ha ha I already had to explain to 3 people about the headlight... yea I've been thinking about powder coating the rearsets and stuff... any pics of her bike?

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
6/17/09 10:57 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: He really suggests taking the msf course on the bikes they have... Good to see your wearing safety equipment. Squids suck.

That looks like denim to me...

Appleseed
Appleseed HalfDork
6/18/09 1:54 a.m.

Helmet, boots, and gloves. You'd be surprised what I see around here. Flip flops and shorts. On sport bikes. Yes.

wherethefmi
wherethefmi Dork
6/18/09 12:48 p.m.

Yeah, that happened to my dad, well he did it to him self, denim isn't the best but it's better than bare skin, and those COULD be draggin skins jeans, or whatever kevlar reinforced jeans are called.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 New Reader
6/18/09 1:38 p.m.

You can't always wear full gear. I have a one pcs suit as well as several jackets that zip up with my leather jacket. Most times, I am riding as a commute and you can't go to work or walk around the mall with full leathers. If I am going on a spirited ride, I will wear some shorts under the leathers.

i do have a set of reinforced Icon jeans. They are very comfortable.

eddie

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KHpQbd5h0wh5KQh73oJlKVMMEFNFWsE4hP4KUFBsAED5v3rDEYwi4HKra2sxOHDI