Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
1/10/18 12:31 p.m.

A new spin on the CanAm Spyder approach?

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2017/11/yamaha-niken-leaning-multi-wheel-motorcycle-coming-to-usa/

Must say, it has interesting roots.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/10/18 1:44 p.m.

I love Yamaha but I'm not sure I see where they are going with this. Where is the consumer group for this thing? 

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/10/18 2:38 p.m.

Also makes me think of the Piaggio mp3:

I've actually seen these in the wild. I'm not sure whether that tells us anything about the Yamaha's future.

mistanfo
mistanfo UltraDork
1/12/18 6:44 p.m.

I almost bought my wife an MP3 for Christmas this year. It would have been one heck of a gift, likely to never have been repeated. She has issues with on ankle and the other knee, so holding a scooted or motorcycle up at a light can simply be too much. The locking upright aspect is great, but it unlocks with any throttle application. If the bars aren’t absolutely straight, it then wants to drop left or right. If you have to cut throttle (a car ran a red across our path, we had just gotten a green, and it was a blind intersection), it wants to fall even harder. I caught it no problem, she would have gotten off and never ridden it again. Might get one for me in a couple of years... for now the FJR and Vespa 300 are a great complimentary pair.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gMIJv871oy22ci6Hy50HDRhoSKWoPFRWIpJwpUvRp4yCrzw93fFx0PWHOK5NXi5X