1 2 3 4 ... 45
Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
7/11/14 7:25 a.m.

My 2001 B6 Bandit now with a 1200cc stage 2 engine.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
7/11/14 9:30 a.m.
Woody wrote: I haven't seen it in person yet, but I've paid for it and I'm picking it up next week.

That's cool, Woody. Don't let your kid ride it.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
7/11/14 9:32 a.m.

rotard
rotard Dork
7/11/14 9:49 a.m.

I have aftermarket cans on it now.

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
7/11/14 10:55 a.m.

In reply to Cotton: The lights are Hella LED work lamps from jegs ($34 each). The bracket that is holding them on is from my company. Pm me if you are interested.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/11/14 11:04 a.m.

In reply to rotard:

What did you go with........annnnnnnd, pics or ban.

rotard
rotard Dork
7/11/14 11:31 a.m.

Right now I just have some cheap Dan Moto cans on it. Both of them together weigh less than 1/3 of what one of the stock mufflers weighed. Not bad for something that cost $200.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/11/14 6:03 p.m.

Talk about a birthday gift......thankfully it wasn't the front.

And, berkeley the bolt that punctured it.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UberDork
7/11/14 8:12 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

That's a big ole hole

Saturday I got a giant Texas size grasshopper stuck in my helmet while my face shield was cracked halfway. It gunked up the left lens on my glasses so I pulled off into the shoulder to handle the situation. Looking down to put mu kick stand down I saw I had just ran over a busted up beer bottle. Luckily I didn't cut a tire because I was three and a half hours from home. I also found six 9mm luger bullets laying around where the back tire was. Weird.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UltraDork
7/11/14 8:48 p.m.

That just need a Plug and Patch it will be good as new. I like the stop and go type with the tin shield wrap not the type with the needle molded in.

stop and go

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
7/12/14 4:00 p.m.

Realized I don't have any good pics of my bikes.

`83 XL-250R:

'01 SV650S (will be for sale soon):

'09 FZ6 (Craiglist ad pic):

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/13/14 11:13 a.m.

In reply to nicksta43:

Looked to be a 5/16-3/8 bolt hole. Stopped me 3mi from home mercifully and the bike was going to be parked when I got home anyway while we tracked down an oil leak it developed. Currently, the bike is torn apart, the rear wheel is out awaiting the new tire to arrive, and I discovered someone in the distant past jb welded a crack in the oil pan. So that was my oil leak.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
7/13/14 12:18 p.m.

My 1970 BSA 650 Thunderbolt.

My dads had it since 1972. We had gotten it running about ten years ago and he stopped riding about 4 years ago. He gave it to me this last christmas. A carb rebuild and cleaning of the tank and its running great again.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
7/15/14 7:04 a.m.

Here's a few more of the bikes around my house.

My old 1968 Honda CD175. I've had this bike since ~1980. It was a my high school bike. Sadly, looking fairly scruffy these days. I keep pretending I'm going to restore it. Still runs though, and I do occasionally ride it.

The 1980 Honda XL500s. This is the one I crashed on last year. Rides much better with the new front tire. Amazing how handling improves when you don't have parted cords in the carcass.

And the boys Honda XL80, which he's really outgrown. He claims he washed it!

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/15/14 11:57 a.m.

Current state of affairs, stay tuned to for the fairing, exhaust, etc removal to replace the oil pan that arrived today. New rear tire will be ready to go on as well(it also arrived today) The old one could have been emergency patched to get back home, but I wouldn't trust a patch on a dual compound superbike tire that is rated for 180+.

I'll probably be cleaning my chain tonight with the wonderful substance known as a pan full of diesel fuel......

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
7/15/14 12:12 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

If it is a O or X ring chain, I wouldn't submerge it in diesel. It’s supposed to be sealed, but diesel is so thin that it could enter the insides of the O-rings and wash out the lube.

I use a towel soaked in WD-40 to wash off the gunk on the outside of the chain. Works great, doesn’t use enough to risk damaging the chain and I think it smells a hell of a lot better than diesel.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/15/14 4:00 p.m.

Its an x-ring iirc, but does it matter that it will instantly get sealed with chainwax?

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
7/15/14 8:14 p.m.

The lube is inside the chain link (see pic). Cleaning the outside is good, but it is debatable weather chain lube is useful. The lube won't get into a X-ring or O-ring chain like the the factory lube, so other than a little lubrication of the chain to sprocket it isn't going to do much. It will attract dirt to the chain though.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/16/14 10:26 a.m.

In reply to Rusnak_322:

Thats why we use chain wax, it seals/prevents dirt from getting in there....

NONACK
NONACK Reader
7/16/14 11:31 a.m.

From an ADVrider tag game-

The DRZ finds a pineapple:

The 1125 drops it off:

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
7/16/14 11:51 a.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Rusnak_322: Thats why we use chain wax, it seals/prevents dirt from getting in there....

But, if you wash out all the lube, you will just be preventing dirt from contaminating the unlubricated metal on metal surfaces.

Dipping chains in kerosene is old school, pre sealed chain maintainace. The wax is going to be too thick to force back into the small seals.

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/25/14 2:41 a.m.

Whoops! Let's keep it rolling!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/25/14 4:20 p.m.

My 1976 BMW R-90s clone. The S model had two discs up front, the Cafe' seat and fairing. This one has all that plus the Bing carbs have been replaced with flat slide Mikunis and the exhaust has been "liberated". Nothing horrible, just a nice deep burble that doesn't sound like the stock sewing machine. Also has progressive springs front and rear.

The paint is a mid 90s Porsche gray metallic.

Sold the 1997 RT for 2002 BMW K-1200 LT. Nice bike, heated grips, heated seats and backrest, up & down windshield, 6 disc CD changer, radio, tape, cruise control like a car, you just set it for a speed. Side bags and a trunk box with a lighted mirror? That must be to get it past SWMBO.

I never considered one of these because I thought they were too expensive and BIG. Once rolling it feels light; I paid $7k for this one.

YMMV.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/25/14 4:46 p.m.

Former rides:

250cc Yamaha I did for my wife

1997 BMW R-1150RT. .

This is a 1959 Triumph frame and springer front end I bought at a garage sale, the engine is a Honda 450. Noisy and shoots blue flames. What's not to like?

1982 Nekkid GoldWing, dropped 2", opened pipes, low CG. I would do the seat differently....

Practice - Practice - Practice !!

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/28/14 12:37 p.m.

Murica......oh wait.

And yes, GRM is represented on the lower fairings.

1 2 3 4 ... 45

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PmvgY5oDM4PvCuPdGNEHbTRcDpBFy6SRpCFZHaNfistSQAMclMaeNenzrjelNM0x