1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 45
loosecannon
loosecannon HalfDork
3/6/17 9:52 p.m.

Thanks guys, it was my first stab at bike modification. I didn't do any posting on its build, I just started cutting, grinding, welding, painting until it was done. I should get some updated pictures since I made it better. That big aluminum bracket holding the exhaust on now has a 100 lightning holes in it, some brackets are cut off, it has larger "Marlboro" script and it has new Keihin carbs with pod filters and some new signal lights.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
3/6/17 10:03 p.m.

I wouldn't mind some details on the cute Harley. I always forget they made those.

loosecannon
loosecannon HalfDork
3/7/17 10:18 a.m.
singleslammer wrote: I wouldn't mind some details on the cute Harley. I always forget they made those.

My crazy wife decided one day to get her motorcycle licence and I protested but decided if she was going to do it, I better come along so somebody would be there to dial 911. We bought two matching 1965 Harley Davidson Sprint 250s and here is what mine looked like when we got them [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/loosecannon/media/Motorcycle/IMG_6736.jpg.html][/URL]

And here is what it looks like now

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/loosecannon/media/Motorcycle/IMG_7954_zpsbxmjg5zo.jpg.html][/URL]

The foot brake and shifter are backwards from a regular bike, and shift pattern is upside down. The bike only weighs 250 lbs now and is a gem to ride around.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
4/10/17 12:35 p.m.

Hot lunch date

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
4/11/17 6:27 a.m.

Interesting weekend riding a sport tourer in an adv ride.

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean Reader
4/11/17 9:08 a.m.

My BMW R850R just waiting for me to get a tag so I can ride her...

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/18/17 1:17 p.m.

Looks like I'll be picking up a bike tomorrow! I'm super excited to be on two wheels again, and she's really pretty! Pics to come!

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
4/20/17 8:22 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686:

AND THEN>?!

stroker
stroker SuperDork
4/20/17 8:23 a.m.

In reply to DaveEstey:

He's prolly out riding. Either that, or has crashed already and can't post pics of his bent bike.

AWSX1686
4/20/17 1:01 p.m.
stroker wrote: In reply to DaveEstey: He's prolly out riding. Either that, or has crashed already and can't post pics of his bent bike.

Fortunately not!

DaveEstey wrote: In reply to AWSX1686: AND THEN>?!

Unfortunately, it fell through.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
4/20/17 1:20 p.m.
AWSX1686 wrote:
stroker wrote: In reply to DaveEstey: He's prolly out riding. Either that, or has crashed already and can't post pics of his bent bike.
Fortunately not!

No pics of the one that got away, then?

AWSX1686
4/20/17 1:56 p.m.
Huckleberry wrote:
AWSX1686 wrote:
Fortunately not!

Oh I wish! I never got them on my phone, just saw them on the guy's phone.

It was a beautiful 2001 SV650. Setup with GSXR750 front suspension and a dual-clicker? rear shock. All plastics had been painted in a beautiful light blue, almost like miata mariner blue.

But, alas, no pics.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
5/6/17 3:12 p.m.

Before

After

Pretty pleased. The new electronic ignition is awesome.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
5/6/17 9:31 p.m.

That came out really nice.

Burrito
Burrito Dork
5/11/17 1:20 p.m.

Stumbled upon some fantastic doubletrack while out looking for Morels on the WR recently.

AWSX1686
6/22/17 1:41 p.m.
Huckleberry wrote:
AWSX1686 wrote:
Fortunately not!

Guess what?? It came around for sale again. And this time I got it!

One of our contractors had it for sale, when I fell through one of my co-workers bought it. He intended it to be for his daughter, who has since moved to Florida and has no interest in riding, so he wanted the garage space back. I obliged.

Need to clean the carbs and get it starting and idling properly, do an oil change and she'll be ready to ride! Then hopefully I can get some better pics. She'll need tires before long as well. Good tread, old tires.

nedc
nedc New Reader
6/22/17 6:48 p.m.

photo IMG_2230.jpg

The day I brought it home about 3 weeks ago-1990 cbr1000f. I've always liked the red/white/blue Honda paint schemes. Runs good but not charging. Has a kind of oddball alternator that is NLA from Honda. Found a stator in Tacoma, WA- think it's good, but now I think I need a regulator too. Needs a bit of cosmetic work and a front tire. Too hot to ride here in South Carolina anyway, so I'm taking my time.

Shawnb
Shawnb New Reader
6/22/17 7:14 p.m.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
6/22/17 9:58 p.m.

Fortunately, the silhouette hides the dirt of 700 miles and some dirt roads.

AWSX1686
6/23/17 12:40 p.m.

Going against the thread with a video....

Spent a couple hours last night cleaning the carbs. I was able to remove them, clean, and reinstall and verify it ran all in one night, so I am really happy! Just have to button up the gas tank and seat and do an oil change tonight and she'll be ready to ride. Hopefully I'll get the title and plate done tonight too. Only sad part is it is calling for rain... :/

EDIT: Maybe not... Can't seem to embed the video, which is sad because I know websites. Here's a link instead.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
6/24/17 5:22 p.m.
nedc wrote:  photo IMG_2230.jpg The day I brought it home about 3 weeks ago-1990 cbr1000f. I've always liked the red/white/blue Honda paint schemes. Runs good but not charging. Has a kind of oddball alternator that is NLA from Honda. Found a stator in Tacoma, WA- think it's good, but now I think I need a regulator too. Needs a bit of cosmetic work and a front tire. Too hot to ride here in South Carolina anyway, so I'm taking my time.

That is a cool old bike!

I'm really starting to get infatuated with old sport bikes. Unfortunately, I live in the land of flat straight roads with nary a twisty in sight so I really don't have a practical use for one. But man I want one.

Edit; I took this picture on my ride home from work yesterday.

Really not interested in hearing about being too hot to ride

nedc
nedc Reader
6/25/17 5:31 p.m.

Thanks-yeah, I just had to 'rescue' it after I saw it. Will be my first 'sport' bike after many standards. I'm in the land of flat, straight roads too here in SC, but my plans are to take it to the mountains of NC when I have it fixed up and keep it up there for some curvy road action when I visit. You're a better man than me to be riding in 104F temps!

Burrito
Burrito Dork
6/26/17 9:49 p.m.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
7/13/17 8:38 a.m.

In reply to Nick (Bo) Comstock: Are you still in the Temple area? If so you gota know 'bout the pavement west/southwest of Austin...no?

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
7/13/17 9:15 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG:

Yes. It still takes a couple hours to get there.

I actually went down and rode the three sisters or twisted sisters or whatever they're called last Sunday. Toured all around the hill country and was on the road for twelve hours.

But as someone who moved here from the riding Nirvana that is East TN, where I was on epic roads five minutes from my house, riding two hours to find something not flat and straight is a bit of a letdown.

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 45

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
14iCDnRPt88jAtHajpIV5wnNbYBRe4risiKEN75iCsx6nwwnvZlDwRVbO66OecaU